Where have the last 10 years gone?

EnterTheVoid

Things are happening so fast that, the events that happened in the morning, they become distant memories by evening.

Don't know where the last 10 years have gone. I am still mentally stuck in 2011.

A wise soul told me: "I'm more afraid of NOT LIVING than I am of DYING".

Considering how fast life is going, there is a real chance that one might just survive through their existence on this planet. And never really live.

The above is a truly scary thought, this is the kind of stuff that keeps me awake at night. August is around the corner and I have achieved sweet FA this year.

How many books have I read this year?

- 0 fully, many through various stages of completion.

What new skills have I learnt this year?

- I can pack a parachute.

Any noteworthy fitness achievements?

- I cycled 100 kilometres in one go. Got bored and moved to something else.

- Can deadlift twice my body weight. Weigh 90 kilos, can pull 180 kilos and a bit. 

Slim pickings. I honestly thought I'd achieve a lot more than I have. 

Edited by EnterTheVoid

Gone with the wind, for me personally the last 10 years have been worse then the 10 before that. And before I go too philosophical I'd just to just like to say that money & today's money driven society is the biggest issue there is! I wish we could go to simpler times much like the 90's - but that's just the kid in me, Ciao :marchmellow:

10 hours ago, punjabi_khota said:

Double your bw in DL, nice! I can barely do 1.5 times.

Sweet sweet gainz bro

Deadlifting 2x one's body weight is an achievable target. And you don't have to be elite athlete as well, very much in the realms of someone who has a typical 9 - 5 day job doing something else. Just takes time.

I remember when I started deadlifting, I couldn't even do it properly. The "hip hinge" concept was completely alien to me.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

12 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Gone with the wind, for me personally the last 10 years have been worse then the 10 before that. And before I go too philosophical I'd just to just like to say that money & today's money driven society is the biggest issue there is! I wish we could go to simpler times much like the 90's - but that's just the kid in me, Ciao :marchmellow:

I have always prioritised life experiences over money or any material possessions.

I have no real reason to complain about the last 10 years. Or the last 20 years for that matter. Crammed in a lot. That said, there is still a lot more I want to do.

With time going so fast, one wonders if there really is the time to do all the things they want to do.

Seems that way but I am trying to understand why.

The last 10 years went by like a highlights reel.
Doesn't make sense.

You generally get that feeling when your life is monotonous.It appears to me that your life has been anything but that, and that you have enriched it with a multitude of experiences.

Maybe once covid goes,it will be back to normal.

2 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Doesn't make sense.

You generally get that feeling when your life is monotonous.It appears to me that your life has been anything but that, and that you have enriched it with a multitude of experiences.

Maybe once covid goes,it will be back to normal.

The penny's dropped that ten years go by in the blink of an eye :cry:

Can't afford to put things off to "tomorrow" or the "day after", for they may never come. There is never going to be a perfect time to start a new skill or learn something new. 

Take the opportunity. And worry about the rest later. 

I've taken up snowboarding. Back home after a day of carving out some powder. 

My quest for doing something difficult and challenging satisfied. For now. 

Go snowboarding during the winter, surfing during the summer. That's the plan. Making the most of every day.