Afghanistan Turmoil

ravishingravi

22 hours ago, rising said:

So  does that give  you some hope ISI is Pakistan has improved as they are supposed main backers of Taliban providing them safe heaven?

A weaker Afghanistan is a tool for ISI and Pak mil. Now as soon as there is a stronger Taliban, things become different.

As far as what I could gather from my personal acquaintances, It seems this time round, they are not going to repeat the mistake of nineties. They were always powerful enogh and had numbers in their favour. They need to be measured  on governance.  Not on basis of past as that option will play into Pakmil and ISI hands. We have two bad options, we have to choose least.

47 minutes ago, mishra said:

A weaker Afghanistan is a tool for ISI and Pak mil. Now as soon as there is a stronger Taliban, things become different.

As far as what I could gather from my personal acquaintances, It seems this time round, they are not going to repeat the mistake of nineties. They were always powerful enogh and had numbers in their favour. They need to be measured  on governance.  Not on basis of past as that option will play into Pakmil and ISI hands. We have two bad options, we have to choose least.

I don't really agree on first point I feel it might make Pakistan government position weaker but ISI stronger 

As for on Taliban I don't know much about people involved in Taliban  so I can't argue if you  have some personal acquaintances, only thing I can say we will know real Taliban only once media and armies fully evacuate and Taliban is under control without much international coverage 

1 hour ago, rising said:

I don't really agree on first point I feel it might make Pakistan government position weaker but ISI stronger 

Its just guestimatiin. i believe a out of power Taliban need Pakistan army to support its war against Afghanistan government. Thing is, as soon as they are in power, their need to  support from Pak Mil and ISI diminishes. 

Since I can’t see any intervention coming from anywhere, I would rather just hope positive.

PS: Pakistan ( since last few days) has put a blockade between India and Afghanistan trade route. I can guess it as pressure tactics they are using on New gvmnt

Edited by mishra

42 minutes ago, mishra said:

Its just guestimatiin. i believe a out of power Taliban need Pakistan army to support its war against Afghanistan government. Thing is, as soon as they are in power, their need to  support from Pak Mil and ISI diminishes. 

Since I can’t see any intervention coming from anywhere, I would rather just hope positive.

PS: Pakistan ( since last few days) has put a blockade between India and Afghanistan trade route. I can guess it as pressure tactics they are using on New gvmnt

Disagree 

The haqqani faction needs support from isi

Atm the leader of taliban is a compromise candidate.

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

Disagree 

The haqqani faction needs support from isi

Atm the leader of taliban is a compromise candidate.

I agree with huge concerns on Haqqani network. But Quetta Shura is probabbly even bigger challenge which might be allmost filled by ISI

A very decent article.

https://thediplomat.com/2021/08/how-the-taliban-used-pakistan/

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/afghanistan-taliban-pakistan-7460875/

Taliban is effectively having bigger Support base and may be seen as more Secure then Pak Mil in the region. They do not like durand line, ie they can bring war to Pakistan if need be. They want access to Port. And Pakistan runs the risk. As I said, immediately after the takeover, Pakistan stopped Afghanistan to have access to its Port. IMO, geo strategic game has just started.

Must watch. We are being brainwashed, and sold propaganda. Complicated is only a myth. It's simple where,  USA had and even now have, the capability and resources to change it. Yet, it does not, especially with regards to Pakistan who are supported well by all parties.