How to save the plant !!!

velu

Does the pot have holes on the bottom to drain excess  water?

Apart from water (too much or too little), is the plant getting 'food', i.e. fertilizer?  

Didn't you have pigeon murdering cat in the house? There are certain plants that cats like to rip apart - catnip etc - has this happened? Or some kid with access is pulling leaves off or throwing balls onto it or something?

Plant care isn't complicated, just requires steady routines defined by species.  

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Does the pot have holes on the bottom to drain excess  water?

yes.. when i lifted the pot , saucer was full of water ..

Apart from water (too much or too little), is the plant getting 'food', i.e. fertilizer?  

no .. never did anything other than watering  :((

Didn't you have pigeon murdering cat in the house? There are certain plants that cats like to rip apart - catnip etc - has this happened? Or some kid with access is pulling leaves off or throwing balls onto it or something?

Plant care isn't complicated, just requires steady routines defined by species.  

:nono:

2 hours ago, velu said:

yes.. when i lifted the pot , saucer was full of water ..

That's one part of the problem - drain that saucer if you can - throw out that water.  Maybe more will drain out of the pot.  If the plant is 'flooded', that will cause problems and can kill the plant.

Overwatering.

It is a croton....outdoor kind. Need bright light.

In any case these @#$% crotons will lose all leaves and die.They all do.:hmpf: 

Remove water from tray. Don't water for some time and keep in shaded but brightly lit area...not direct sunlight) .Be prepared to lose some more leaves .

Get some pothos( money plant) or snakeplants.

Note: underwatering is better than overwatering .

Remove tray during monsoon if the plant is getting direct rain.

Edited by beetle

6 hours ago, gattaca said:

Why not repot the plant. May be the soil is too wet. Can you put new soil ?

Its a goner now. Get a new plant and put it in. Noone would notice. Stay away from plants from next time. 

Issne pakka usme beer daal di hogi. Yeh soch ke ki plant bhi nashe main zhum jayega.