Devastating tragedy- Remnants of Hurricane Ida

coffee_rules

On Wed , we had about 10 in of rain, a lot in the neighborhood flooded. At least 6 have died , one person is still missing - awaiting bad news.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/bridgewater/search-woman-missing-bridgewater-flood-waters?_gl=1*8y2w7m*_ga*bGF3VGwzWUxkd0duU0w0ZHpQZi1Pc0hYVy1odXYxazB0aGJveVNsYVpWb2hqRXhDOV9nckEtZUliQVkwSVJUUg..

We had gone on a search party group last night. She is my daughter’s classmate’s mother. Hearing bad news today morning. A lot of people swept away in floods

Edited by coffee_rules

23 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

On Wed , we had about 10 in of rain, a lot in the neighborhood flooded. At least 6 have died , one person is still missing - awaiting bad news.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/bridgewater/search-woman-missing-bridgewater-flood-waters?_gl=1*8y2w7m*_ga*bGF3VGwzWUxkd0duU0w0ZHpQZi1Pc0hYVy1odXYxazB0aGJveVNsYVpWb2hqRXhDOV9nckEtZUliQVkwSVJUUg..

We had gone on a search party group last night. She is my daughter’s classmate’s mother. Hearing bad news today morning. A lot of people swept away in floods

Tragic.

Can only pray that she is okay.

8 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Sorry to hear that. Pretty surprised to hear how much of an impact Ida has had in NJ esp given the amt of open space there is. Was this in Jersey City/Newark? 

No, Central Jersey, about 30 people have died, mostly around Raritan Passaic rivers, all are cresting now and more flooding 

https://patch.com/new-jersey/newbrunswick/s/hrpo3/ida-update-edison-man-dies-after-being-swept-storm-pipe?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=weather&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=newbrunswick&s=09

Edison Man Dies After Being Swept Into Storm Pipe Amid Ida 

Dhanush Reddy was swept into a 36-inch storm sewer pipe in South Plainfield. His body was discovered in Piscataway on Thursday.

Edited by coffee_rules

Devastating. My parents were about to sleep in 10 minutes in the basement. If they had already slept I shudder to think what could have happened because the water rushed in a matter of minutes and my wife and mother barely escaped because the basement door just broke and flew right at them but due to the water the impact was minimized and they were able to crawl under and get out and reach safely upstairs. After hearing the horror stories I’m thankful to be safe. 

One of my cousins friend call his mom while in the car that he’s coming home but there’s lots of water. After a few minutes, he calls her back saying his car is stuck in a flood and he doesn’t know how to swim. He was an only child and he died. 

22 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Devastating. My parents were about to sleep in 10 minutes in the basement. If they had already slept I shudder to think what could have happened because the water rushed in a matter of minutes and my wife and mother barely escaped because the basement door just broke and flew right at them but due to the water the impact was minimized and they were able to crawl under and get out and reach safely upstairs. After hearing the horror stories I’m thankful to be safe. 

One of my cousins friend call his mom while in the car that he’s coming home but there’s lots of water. After a few minutes, he calls her back saying his car is stuck in a flood and he doesn’t know how to swim. He was an only child and he died. 

Sorry to hear, so many people stuck at the wrong place at the wrong time. Waters rose 20ft in a matter of mins and those unfortunate at that place were impacted severely. Almost like a tsunami. There were a lot of alerts and warnings advising people to avoid travel and stay home. I have ignored them so many times

30 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

No clear evidence, every year there a hurricane and tornado season where a few hundred die this time it was very close to where many people live

Plenty of evidence. This storm was stronger than katrina and everyone who knows anything about climate claims it is global warming.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:26 PM, coffee_rules said:

No clear evidence, every year there a hurricane and tornado season where a few hundred die this time it was very close to where many people live

there is clear evidence.have you ever ben to the Gulf of mexico off Texas or LA? the water is like bath water hot and every year it gets hotter because of global warming.its like jet fuel for these hurricanes,they go from tropical storms to major hurricanes in 1 freaking day over these waters.imo Louisiana is doomed,a lot of is just marsh and at or below sea water and rising seas and majors hurricanes will doom it.

On 9/7/2021 at 10:31 AM, cowboysfan said:

there is clear evidence.have you ever ben to the Gulf of mexico off Texas or LA? the water is like bath water hot and every year it gets hotter because of global warming.its like jet fuel for these hurricanes,they go from tropical storms to major hurricanes in 1 freaking day over these waters.imo Louisiana is doomed,a lot of is just marsh and at or below sea water and rising seas and majors hurricanes will doom it.

Midwest is safest. Lot of water and no hurricane.

Edited by gattaca

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You have tornados and blizzards, cold season lasting 7.5 months

But people won’t die like in south and east. For tornadoes you hide in a bathroom in the middle of the house and we do have tornado alarms. One thing is for sure US has more destructive forces of nature compared to India. You will love cold season if you embrace snow sports.

Edited by gattaca