Not Selecting Dhawan Would Be The Main Reason If India Does Not Win T20 WC

Khota

1 hour ago, Khota said:

You should never look at the entire career. You need to make comparisons and take rolling averages. Or pick a common benchmark. Lot of factors go into it but it is not a simple math equation.

Stats have been posted about SL series. Average scores with very poor strike rate. You can talk about match situations all you like but its a near minnow team and if his strike rate is so low there he cannot do anything against bigger team 

Also How is SL series common benchmark when most of our front line batsmen didnt play that?

Edited by New guy
7 minutes ago, New guy said:

Stats have been posted about SL series. Average scores with very poor strike rate. You can talk about match situations all you like but its a near minnow team and if his strike rate is so low there he cannot do anything against bigger team 

Also How is SL series common benchmark when most of our front line batsmen didnt play that?

Common benchmark is IPL. I belive IPL stats more than any other cricket stats. This has been my rant for decades that straight up cricket stats are useless. Meaningless as they dont assign weight to the bowlers.

SL series showed he is better than othersreplacements.

8 minutes ago, Khota said:

He beats Kohli as a T20 bat. Kohli has not done much lately but he is top four.

dhawan beats kohli as t20 bat :hysterical:

kohli has been a beast in t20................he was a one man army for us in last 3 t20 Wc

let me burst ur recent myth

Last 5 scores of Kohli vs Dhawan

Kohli

• 73*
  • 77*
  • 80*

Dhawan 

even in kohli low he doesnt come close to Kohli in t20 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of stats would drop Kohli and Kishan as the sample size is too small.

Once again I dont know who the bowlers were and what conditions  were but Rohit/Rahul/Dhawan are very close and the top three.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of stats would drop Kohli and Kishan as the sample size is too small.

Once again I dont know who the bowlers were and what conditions  were but Rohit/Rahul/Dhawan are very close and the top three.

Check the top 3 stats with large sample size 

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_positionmax1=3;batting_positionmin1=1;batting_positionval1=batting_position;class=3;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_strike_rate;qualmax1=700;qualmin1=100;qualval1=runs;spanmin1=11+Sep+2019;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting