Ishant.     152.xx kph

Shami.     151.00 kph

Prasidh.   150.xx kph

Siraj.        149.9x kph

Mavi.        149.9x kph

Edited by express bowling
7 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

What is the highest speed by an Indian?

Was there not a fast bowling competition in India a few years back?

Srinath has delivered fastest delivery at~156 in 1996 ,few articles mentioned it,Alistair Cambell of Zimbabwe rated his pace highly and put him in Donald ,Waqar category

But Aaron wasn't just a one delivery wonder boy,he consistently craved for pace and was always clocking at high pace whatever little time he got to play for India

He and Umesh are the poster boys of Indian pace bowling culture,they have smashed the very notion of Indians can't bowl fast,many of the boys took special liking to them,even in my circle there are more Aaron(who doesn't play anymore),Umesh fan than Bumrah

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

His action isn't that bad. Very difficult for side on bowlers to get their alignment right. It is not impossible but needs someone who knows how to do it.

Given the fact that most successful pacers have some issues with their bowling actions ... Umran's action is very good in that context.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Given the fact that most successful pacers have some issues with their bowling actions ... Umran's action is very good in that context.

Yes, looks a really good one. Nice side-on rotation, keeps the back foot grounded, keeps the front leg locked, gets the bowling arm that full rotation behind the back. 

6 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Srinath has delivered fastest delivery at~156 in 1996 ,few articles mentioned it,Alistair Cambell of Zimbabwe rated his pace highly and put him in Donald ,Waqar category

But Aaron wasn't just a one delivery wonder boy,he consistently craved for pace and was always clocking at high pace whatever little time he got to play for India

He and Umesh are the poster boys of Indian pace bowling culture,they have smashed the very notion of Indians can't bowl fast,many of the boys took special liking to them,even in my circle there are more Aaron(who doesn't play anymore),Umesh fan than Bumrah

Umesh Aaron will always be special to me especially umesh. 

Love that guy to bits. So strong. Built like a tank. Gives it his all. Has nasty bouncers. Is like Marshall in Asia. 

Now he is becoming really good away as well. Averages 24 in England. 

Doing much better I australia. He should play vs south africa imo. 

Aaron was very unlucky. 

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

Srinath    157.00 kph

Bumrah.  153.26 kph

Aaron.     153.00 kph

Umran.    152.95 kph

Saini.       152.90 kph

Umesh.    152.50 kph

Ishant.     152.xx kph

Shami.     151.00 kph

Prasidh.   150.xx kph

Siraj.        149.9x kph

Mavi.        149.9x kph

I am tad skeptical of Srinath bowling at 157 back in 1996. At least with Bumrah and Aaron I know they have regularly hit the 150 mark in their careers? Did Srinath regularly hit 150 + ???

Just as I am of Thommo for Australia bowling at 160. I know the way the recording of ball speed has changed over the years and IMO may have given higher readings, thats for all players Im talking about.

Thats impressive by Umran to be be in Bumrah  and Aaron's vicinity.

37 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I am tad skeptical of Srinath bowling at 157 back in 1996. At least with Bumrah and Aaron I know they have regularly hit the 150 mark in their careers? Did Srinath regularly hit 150 + ???

Just as I am of Thommo for Australia bowling at 160. I know the way the recording of ball speed has changed over the years and IMO may have given higher readings, thats for all players Im talking about.

Thats impressive by Umran to be be in Bumrah  and Aaron's vicinity.

I am very sceptical about anyone pre 90s hitting above 150. I have serious doubts about it. 

10 hours ago, Jay said:

I am very sceptical about anyone pre 90s hitting above 150. I have serious doubts about it. 

Just observing Jeff Thompson's fastest delivery on youtube, Im 100% confident its definitely hit 150 comfortably it reminds me of Tait.

However I very much doubt 160kmhr.

Most important thing is to know whether he is actually 21-22 year old. Looks more like 25 to me. There is a lot of age discrepancies in India. 30 plus years old playing u25 domestic. 25 years old playing u19. BCCI must make bone test mandatory for age group domestic cricket.

Edited by rkt.india
On 10/10/2021 at 7:43 PM, express bowling said:

Srinath    157.00 kph

Bumrah.  153.26 kph

Aaron.     153.00 kph

Umran.    152.95 kph

Saini.       152.90 kph

Umesh.    152.50 kph

Ishant.     152.xx kph

Shami.     151.00 kph

Prasidh.   150.xx kph

Siraj.        149.9x kph

Mavi.        149.9x kph

Srinath has never hit 157 kph

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Most important thing is to know whether he is actually 21-22 year old. Looks more like 25 to me. There is a lot of age discrepancies in India. 30 plus years old playing u25 domestic. 25 years old playing u19. BCCI must make bone test mandatory for age group domestic cricket.

The BCCI has a zero-tolerance for age fraud in cricket and has a dedicated 24X7 helpline (9820556566 / 9136694499) for anyone to report age fraud.

https://www.bcci.tv/articles/2020/news/147336/bcci-adopts-additional-measures-to-tackle-age-and-domicile-fraud-in-cricket

Will wait to hear from you regarding your complaint on the said helpline. Do keep us posted.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I think he can be either genuine or max 1 year here or there.  Any kind of identity fraud is tough to pull off in J&K.  Even in schools you can get away with only 1 year max in terms of age fraud there.  Further BCCI has gone very strict with this.   Irfan & Parvez Rasool have monitored him closely in these last few years..  Rasool said he was a 140 kph bowler 1-2 year ago & only recently he has increased his pace.  

On 10/11/2021 at 11:29 AM, Jay said:

There is highlights of a odi game between NZ and India in 1995, speed guns were used and srinath was barely hitting 132-134 kph thou through what ever footage available he looks visibly quick in the eng tour 1996 but in my opinion he was never a 150kph bowler as some have mentioned, more like 135-140 kph. Bounce did the trick for srinath on most occasions.

31 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

There is highlights of a odi game between NZ and India in 1995, speed guns were used and srinath was barely hitting 132-134 kph thou through what ever footage available he looks visibly quick in the eng tour 1996 but in my opinion he was never a 150kph bowler as some have mentioned, more like 135-140 kph. Bounce did the trick for srinath on most occasions.

Srinath was hitting 140+ in the 2003 WC at the age of 34. Between 1995-1997 till his rotator cuff gave up he was a genuinely quick bowler.

As for the 1995 speed guns, well the Kiwi speed guns in 1994 showed Kapil Dev bowling at 94 kmph when he was easily 130+! So much for accuracy

48 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

That can be said about your waqar as well

Even in his last days in the game Srinath was comfortably quicker than both wasim waqar

Edited by Suhaan
12 hours ago, Suhaan said:

That can be said about your waqar as well

Even in his last days in the game Srinath was comfortably quicker than both wasim waqar

Goodness me a single comment regarding srinaths pace and again indirectly I get called a Pakistani, I don't care about waqar, why are some of you lads so sensitive and jingoistic regarding pace and Indian bowlers? Chill, anyway I stand by my opinion Srinath was never that quick, ankola was a yard quicker and much stronger

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The BCCI has a zero-tolerance for age fraud in cricket and has a dedicated 24X7 helpline (9820556566 / 9136694499) for anyone to report age fraud.

https://www.bcci.tv/articles/2020/news/147336/bcci-adopts-additional-measures-to-tackle-age-and-domicile-fraud-in-cricket

Will wait to hear from you regarding your complaint on the said helpline. Do keep us posted.

Why would I complain and ruin a career? He isn't Playing age group cricket.

Edited by rkt.india