Coal Shortage in India

Singh bling

34 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

I don't blindly support AAP but think that they should be given chance to rule a full state then anybody can judge their performance. So far they are ruling Delhi which too many power centre's which all blame each other

3 days ago, AAP said that there is only 1 day stock of coal left.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/delhi-power-crisis-blackout-warning-for-city-as-only-one-day-coal-stock-left-11633780984884.html

There is only one-day stock of coal left in the thermal power station from where the national capital gets electricity, Delhi Power Minister Satyendar Jain said on Saturday after a meeting with the representatives of power distribution companies (discoms).

How are plants still working if there was only 1 day of coal left?

AAP was caught lying.

7 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Power cuts in childhood was very normal but from 2000s onwards situation very much improved in each and every state. Shiela dixit gave Delhi very good power structure.  Gurgaon was lagging behind Delhi as we still have inverter ( aapda mein avasar) .When I arrived in Gurgaon in 1999 sometimes power cuts sometimes used to be of as long as 20 hours. People even had generators.

So don't compare situation  with 20-25 years

I am not comparing to 20 years ago. Bengaluru is one of the major cities still going through load shedding. Every apt building has generators, most upper middle-class households have ups/inverter to sustain these power uts 1-2 hrs in winter, upto 4 hrs in summer. I have family in old Bengaluru area. 

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/delhi-power-crisis-blackout-warning-for-city-as-only-one-day-coal-stock-left-11633780984884.html

AAP was caught lying.

Were you aware of this?

I think this is a major Supply Chain crisis. The world havent had anything of this nature before. 

Coal shortage is genuine and so is true with 1000s of other products. It is estimated that 40% of important products, from Auto, to household goods, construction material everything is on backorders.

Opposition is right to bring up the coal issue.  Too bad for opposition that India and its incumbent govt is so much better prepared to handle it than you can imagine. But while we get through the crisis in another 6 months, opposition has a new stick in their hands. Let them play with it.

Libbus go ahead. Your time starts now. 

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Coal Shortage only in MH and Delhi. AAP has been fear mongering in the last 3 days about coal shortage. Planted by CHinese media

Read this very informative thread...

I don't where is Chinese propaganda here China has huge shortage which lead increase demand and price which will also lead to issues elsewhere and I think Tata's and Gail where first raise awarness about  it which political parties took opportunity to Play politics , so are the Tata power involved in Chinese propaganda 

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Politician lie that is every party and in start year it was announced COVID is done aswell. This is just not acknowledging problem  which is probably not as bad AAP or other parties make out but there is shortage 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I am not comparing to 20 years ago. Bengaluru is one of the major cities still going through load shedding. Every apt building has generators, most upper middle-class households have ups/inverter to sustain these power uts 1-2 hrs in winter, upto 4 hrs in summer. I have family in old Bengaluru area. 

Don't you think government is supposed improving the situation and  its not so bad in most of Bangalore in there are power cuts but not rage you mention on daily basis , but might be area dependent aswell   and its BJP government in Karnataka which is saying there is coal shortage 

1 hour ago, dial_100 said:

I think this is a major Supply Chain crisis. The world havent had anything of this nature before. 

Coal shortage is genuine and so is true with 1000s of other products. It is estimated that 40% of important products, from Auto, to household goods, construction material everything is on backorders.

Opposition is right to bring up the coal issue.  Too bad for opposition that India and its incumbent govt is so much better prepared to handle it than you can imagine. But while we get through the crisis in another 6 months, opposition has a new stick in their hands. Let them play with it.

Libbus go ahead. Your time starts now. 

Yes there issue with  supply chain I think which goes back trade tension between US and China  leading to suppliers import lot of things before any Sanction can happen and then COVID happened and demand fell of roof with already having goods advance and when demand started to rise again to pre COVID level supply chain has been lost( due lack of work) and I think it will take time to get back and probably it will get worse till December ( Christmas) after which it will improve hopefully 

4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

AAP was caught lying.

You are assuming fresh coal didn't arrive

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

I am bit surprised India is still so much dependent on coal for electricity. We should build more  dams and renewable energy ways of generating electricity. Telangana has lot solar power generation and dams as well.

Only around 7% of renewable energy in US is Hydro , other renewable like wind , bio , solar total renewable is only 20%. 40% from natural gas (gas turbines)  coal 19%, and 20 % from nuclear. Dams cause earthquakes and floods, is environmentally out of Vogue.  We need to setup nuclear but a lot left neo environmentards are opposing in India. 

8 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Coal Crisis: Bengaluru To Face Power Cuts on October 12, Says State-Run BESCOM | Details Here

There was no power cut yesterday (Oct 12 )  ... Somehow the situation was managed. 

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Only around 7% of renewable energy in US is Hydro , other renewable like wind , bio , solar total renewable is only 20%. 40% from natural gas (gas turbines)  coal 19%, and 20 % from nuclear. Dams cause earthquakes and floods, is environmentally out of Vogue.  We need to setup nuclear but a lot left neo environmentards are opposing in India. 

Nuclear has its own problems like in Japan they had a leak after an earth quake. 

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Lying about problem also doesn't help.

There is a problem and all states are working center to find solution.

While AAP is govt is buy lying about the problem.

His numbers may be inaccurate, but at least he is expressing concern in contrast to the central government, which is in denials.
There will be some shortages presently, but exact figures are uncertain.

shortfall could be due to a lockdown we had earlier this year.

17 minutes ago, speedheat said:

His numbers may be inaccurate, but at least he is expressing concern in contrast to the central government, which is in denials.
There will be some shortages presently, but exact figures are uncertain.

shortfall could be due to a lockdown we had earlier this year.

How?

Mining and essentials were functional even during the second wave. Industrial usage was minimum, so if anything there should be a surplus.

This shortage is mainly due to the issues ( and the bull run) of the imported coal. China is buying a lot to meet its short falls. Australia and Indonesia have had dismal years production wise.

8 hours ago, gattaca said:

Nuclear has its own problems like in Japan they had a leak after an earth quake. 

That was due to a once in a lifetime earthquake and its resulting tsunami. That was a freak event. Totally off the charts.

I think there are checks in a nuclear power plant for most earthquakes. 

Edited by Mariyam