ViratKohlishwarji Maharaj / Aamirinder Bapuji ki gyaan

coffee_rules

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

There is section-144 in Gurugram on Diwali. 

How can a civil servant block citizenry? It is illegal. 

Lot of assumptions there.

1. You believe that screenshot is correct and poster is not lying.

2. You believe that poster is an Indian citizen.

3. You believe there is a law which prevents civil servants from blocking citizens on twitter. Which law is it?

34 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

But why advise only Hindu rituals and practices.

80% of the population can make a bigger difference with so many festivals and show the way. 

People have issues against loudspeakers at mosques and rightly so. 

24 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Lot of assumptions there.

1. You believe that screenshot is correct and poster is not lying.

2. You believe that poster is an Indian citizen.

3. You believe there is a law which prevents civil servants from blocking citizens on twitter. Which law is it?

Ok, that was to show how cracker ban in some parts is enforced. Twitter I’d for DCP Delhi is for a position, not his personal I’d. It is for redressals of complaints etc. DCP can’t close his office to some people, as good as that.

13 minutes ago, zen said:

80% of the population can make a bigger difference with so many festivals and show the way. 

People have issues against loudspeakers at mosques and rightly so. 

We are always reforming. Green crackers, echo friendly Ganesha, waterless holi. Not all 80% celebrate festivals

12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Ok, that was to show how cracker ban in some parts is enforced. Twitter I’d for DCP Delhi is for a position, not his personal I’d. It is for redressals of complaints etc. DCP can’t close his office to some people, as good as that.

How are you convinced that he is Indian citizen and DCP police blocked him?

I still didn't get that part.

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

We are always reforming. Green crackers, echo friendly Ganesha, waterless holi. Not all 80% celebrate festivals

Any portion of 80% is a huge number! For e.g. 50% of 80% = 40% which is 2x others, and so on

59 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Who is this guy?  I’m in Delhi right now.  Would he like to have his nose thrust into some of the air I’m trying not to breathe?  

It started even before Diwali. You don’t get to see how stubble burning in Punjab and Haryana  is causing this pollution in NCR. Not your Diwali crackers.

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It started even before Diwali. You don’t get to see how stubble burning in Punjab and Haryana  is causing this pollution in NCR. Not your Diwali crackers.

Stubble burning may contribute but the  pollution after Diwali is the worst in a long time.  It’s a causal connection.  

Delhi’s it quality is already terrible but the Friday level was even worse and that’s on the firecracker effect.

The guy in the video is both angry and wrong.

51 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Stubble burning may contribute but the  pollution after Diwali is the worst in a long time.  It’s a causal connection.  

Delhi’s it quality is already terrible but the Friday level was even worse and that’s on the firecracker effect.

The guy in the video is both angry and wrong.

The real reason is this. Ask the farmers to stop this. 

Sa

13 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

The real reason is this. Ask the farmers to stop this. 

Sa

I don’t know where you’re going with this. I’m not saying that it isn’t also stubble burning. I’m saying that on that day firecrackers in Diwali contributed hugely.  This is data based.  A clear causal connection. 

And therefore both need addressing.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Delhi aqi also goes above 300 in February. There is no stubble burning at that time . It's just air circulation is poor in these days

I never liked crackers from the time I could remember. My situation was not any different from animals who gets impacted. I couldn’t take the sounds. I consistently opposed it almost all my life. 

But I don’t want the Hindu to be taken for granted yet again. To be talked down and forced to reform while rest cannot be touched. We are reformist by our very nature. But our flexibility or some might say our Gandhian show the other cheek has been taken for granted. 

It’s like a class teacher who cannot control the class but will pick one student because he can be bullied. The student is now resisting and perhaps there will be un intended consequences. So be it. Unless we base a society based on first principles and not just convenience, I am not taking it. Let adults use cycles or go walking to their workplace. Don’t use your vehicles for two weeks. Avoid air travel if you can for a week. But this constant picking on Hindu festivals, because you can, will not stand. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Can they at least be original and funny? Cringe.

I have no problem with this apart from quality of content. But what is getting to people is selectiveness. They will not target all belief systems. Why is that ? Do Gen z consider that punching down, is that why ?

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

I have no problem with this apart from quality of content. But what is getting to people is selectiveness. They will not target all belief systems. Why is that ? Do Gen z consider that punching down, is that why ?

Selection, one would guess, is based on familiarity. It is difficult to mock stuff when you are limited by an understanding of nuances or the back story behind a festival.

There are instances when comedians have made fun of Eid/Muslim customs. See stuff by Munnawar Faruqi, Urooj "can't recollect her last name" and Kunal Kamra.

I don't find it particularly funny. Just about as cringe as the stuff @coffee_rules has posted above.

Why do you feel that Hindus are targetted/mocked by these 'comics' with an ulterior motive? 

Edited by Mariyam

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

There are instances when comedians have made fun of Eid/Muslim customs. See stuff by Munnawar Faruqi, Urooj "can't recollect her last name" and Kunal Kamra.

I don't find it particularly funny. Just about as cringe as the stuff @coffee_rules has posted above

Why do you feel that Hindus are targetted/mocked by these 'comics' with an ulterior motive? 

Content Creation is a tough job. You have to be talented and honest. I think these comedians feel there is an audience for such content listenening to all the guffaws and laughter that follow their punchlines. Offending beliefs are low hanging fruits fro these lazy content creators  to mock and offend people and gain popularity. There is a big convent educated (yours truly too) urbane people with low self-esteem that think that this is intellectually superior. 

Kunal Kamra had to delete his Twitter account because he had told some jokes on Muslims and Sikhs.

https://news.abplive.com/news/comedian-kunal-kamra-deletes-his-twitter-account-after-his-old-jokes-on-muslims-and-sikhs-goes-viral-637126

Munnawar Farooqui,  Vir das and others have jokes on Muslums, but is mostly about terrorism snd how they are afraid to say it aloud, out of fear of their lives. People then laugh at it. 

I have only seen them mock Hindu culture and heritage and beliefs like that AIIMS Ramayana episode by doctors. I don’t know if they do it on purpose to hurt Hindus, but they see it is a shortcut to fame, to be in the news, open up the intolerance debate , definitely see them taking advantage of it fully. 

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Selection, one would guess, is based on familiarity. It is difficult to mock stuff when you are limited by an understanding of nuances or the back story behind a festival.

I don't find it particularly funny. Just about as cringe as the stuff @coffee_rules has posted above.

Well I don’t want to attribute motives in each case. But there certainly are two threads which are I can see at this point.

1) Consequences are going to be very real if you attack Islam. And I don’t mean them getting banned. So there is cost to risk ratio, while with Hindus I would say you only stand to gain with some potential downside in long run. 

2) Post 9/11 lefto Islamic alliance has got organically built. Maybe because many Muslims were unfairly targeted and left sees a clear space here to protect the victim and smash the patriarchy. Plus, there won’t ever be many dissenting voices among Muslims. Not to say that they consent, but that’s how it works. So offending Muslims is worst kind of sin where even the educated abc your fellow artists will isolate you. 

In my view, all this is bad. I just saw AAA mâhurât in 1994, where AK and SK were doing puja. Can’t believe but it looked totally like just another day. Can’t imagine we have gone so backwards

Edited by ravishingravi