Should we apologize to Chahal?

maniac

8 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Cute, what about Kuldeep who was always discarded by RCB's captain because this guy could bowl flatter or quicker :whack2:See the source image

He is the most authentic genuine wicket taking bowler. Kuldeep. One of my favorite. Unfortunately he is mentally not aggressive. Chahal/Ashwin can also lose it when attacked. But Kuldeep is a different level in that regard. Kuldeep is one guy (besides Ashwin sometimes) who can pick wickets in limited overs even when they try to defend.  He doesn't rely on batsmen going after him. He can totally bamboozle. His record is still staggering in limited over.  Some absolute roads dented his confidence. He never came back.

If you want Kuldeep's career to be revived he should have a season or two with CSK. 

Edited by vvvslaxman
39 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Unfortunately he is mentally not aggressive

What do you mean? if by aggressive you mean being the worst bowler on display on a turning track, ala 2019 SF, then what does that make Chahaal? If given a choice even when they had similar forms, or Kuldeep in better form, Brat picked his midget buddy 7-8 times out of 10. Admittedly his 2019/20 IPL stints weren't great either but he never got much game time post 2019 WC to get into any sort of rhythm or improve. The same happened with KL, he was doing fine towards 2017 end but then Brat had other plans for his serial catch dropper/thigh slapper friend & basically made a mockery of the test opening slot that year!

If it wasn't for some luck & sheer hard work by KL his (test) career was done :whack2:

Say what you will about Kuldeep's own dip in form or mental state we've had by far the worst captain I've seen in the past 25+ years picking & choosing his sh!t buddies over in form or better suited players in virtually all positions! Oh did I mention Pant :nevermind:

Edited by R!TTER
20 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

What do you mean? if by aggressive you mean being the worst bowler on display on a turning track, ala 2019 SF, then what does that make Chahaal? If given a choice even when they had similar forms, or Kuldeep in better form, Brat picked his midget buddy 7-8 times out of 10. Admittedly his 2019/20 IPL stints weren't great either but he never got much game time post 2019 WC to get into any sort of rhythm or improve. The same happened with KL, he was doing fine towards 2017 end but then Brat had other plans for his serial catch dropper/thigh slapper friend & basically made a mockery of the test opening slot that year!

If it wasn't for some luck & sheer hard work by KL his (test) career was done :whack2:

Say what you will about Kuldeep's own dip in form or mental state we've had by far the worst captain I've seen in the past 25+ years picking & choosing his sh!t buddies over in form or better suited players in virtually all positions! Oh did I mention Pant :nevermind:

I dearly would love Kuldeep to reinvent himself and come back. He can singlehandedly turn matches around on its head. He has that potential. At this point he is not ready yet. More beating will hurt him even more.  An year with CSK will make him better. 

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Let me rephrase my Op

would you pick Rahul C (on current form)over Chahal (if he was available on current form ) in the X1?

question for @SK_IH @ShoonyaSifar @The Realist @velu @R!TTER

Absolutely yes. Chahal was excluded not based on a 4-5 matches but due to his abysmal performances over last 2-3 years. Also, during this period, his IPL form in the has meant absolutely nothing in T20Is. 

Also, if IPL form is the benchmark, we should be having Dhawan over Rohit Sharma and Harshal Patel over Bhuvi.