Should we apologize to Chahal?

maniac

Looking back he would have been a sure starter in our spin combo and since Jadeja is also a sure starter our option would be clear cut between Varun C and Ashwin.

Now nothing against Rahul Chahar, I think he is talented and will figure it out but right now is too raw, inexperienced and out of form- a lethal combo right there. He is not inspiring enough confidence at the moment.

Chahal was in great form in the IPL and looking back he wasn’t such a bad bowler even when we were criticizing him he was alright. Every bowler is allowed a spanking or 2 in the age of T20 every now and then. I think he might have been the missing link all along which is why our combo looks a little half baked.

on top of that there is Dhoni in the team as mentor who used to take half his wickets so that would help him and he gets along with Kohli and did well under him as well. 

I think we may have to apologize to Chahal.

I am not Akash Chopra. God promise.

His fielding was abysmal. He used to field in short fine leg or third man and every time ball used to go to him i used to pray.. he was immense in the 2018 cycle in odi s and t20s but then everyone knew if he is tonked a few he starts throwing it outside off stump. Maxwell fell for this trick few times but then started tonking him taking an off stump guard and smashing him over extra cover and long off. That started his downfall

Chahal was dropped rightfully.  He had been trash for last more than 2 years & gets dropped midway in almost every series he plays - Australia WI England NZ & it happens every single time.  What's the point in investing such player who has zero upside?  He can't bat,  a poor fielder too.  He is 30+ right now as well. 

Rahul Chahar is young & has deserved this opportunity.  We should show patience with him before discarding him.  Bishnoi should be next in line imo before Chahal.  Back your young horses for future. 

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • Have patience with players...........accept every player will go through good n bad times. Bad times makes a cricketer even a better player.
  • Judge a player on his skills not on his physicality 
  • Understand players strength n weakness n then compare it to someone and then rate or underrate him. Dnt make someone great or looser due to few games

His internationals numbers have been absymal for last 3 years.  Averaging 40 on t20s is criminal and thats more than half of his career

There is a difference between having patiencd and just letting someone a free pass

T20 anyways is a game of youngsters, IMO the shelf life of a internstional player shouldn't he more than 5-7 years unless he is an extraordinary hitter or a wicket taker of malingas level