Imran Khan: When will the torture end?

Autonomous

11 minutes ago, Clarke said:

If this is true, is it exclusively Imran Khan's fault ? Do you know the tax rates of comparable economies like India across the years & decades ? 

The need for external borrowing such as the Saudi loan didn't come all of a sudden. Do you know how much we Indians pay in petrol/diesel taxes despite our $600 billion reserves and insane annual IT exports ?

Its been a problem across the decades and the fox has started to enter the fragile henhouse. 

Imran Khan is a disaster for pakistan on every front

45 minutes ago, Clarke said:

If this is true, is it exclusively Imran Khan's fault ? Do you know the tax rates of comparable economies like India across the years & decades ? 

The need for external borrowing such as the Saudi loan didn't come all of a sudden. Do you know how much we Indians pay in petrol/diesel taxes despite our $600 billion reserves and insane annual IT exports ?

Its been a problem across the decades and the fox has started to enter the fragile henhouse. 

Ab jalawa aisaa hi ki Bhaiyaji sadak paar mootane bhi jaate hain to motorcycle se.

You also need to compare electricity and other commodity prices vis a vis India or Bangladesh. Major share of Tax generated  gets gobbled up in Pakmils defense expenditure. Other major share is used in educating their Awaam and other part of Pakistani Administration that "Evil Endians and Indoos are coming"  and PR management. Not much left for Awaam and jilch to reuse for purpose of economic growth.

Edited by mishra

6 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Imran Khan is a disaster for pakistan on every front

That's for you & your countrymen to decide, am not defending him here. I'm just pointing out something I never see as a point of discussion in media and forums around taxation & revenue. Are you being entirely honest to yourself and your country while evaluating problems which have built up over decades rather than last 2-4 years ?

5 hours ago, mishra said:

Ab jalawa aisaa hi ki Bhaiyaji sadak paar mootane bhi jaate hain to motorcycle se.

You also need to compare electricity and other commodity prices vis a vis India or Bangladesh. Major share of Tax generated  gets gobbled up in Pakmils defense expenditure. Other major share is used in educating their Awaam and other part of Pakistani Administration that "Evil Endians and Indoos are coming"  and PR management. Not much left for Awaam and jilch to reuse for purpose of economic growth.

I don't mention that coz everyone else does, its common knowledge. However, their tax rates seem absurd given their fiscal scenario. Check out what it used to be 2-3 years back: https://wise.com/us/blog/income-tax-in-pakistan

Freakin 7 million per annum gets you into top tax bracket. I'm not even going towards compliance which will be worse than India for sure. 

Saw his interview with Chinese newspaper artists ( god they were like kids ) - couldn't have been a more scripted "* chaat" interviewI was waiting for the gold moment till India was mentioned and Immy bhai didn't disappoint, when Pakistan public would have probably turned the TV off since India was called out

On 1/28/2022 at 11:12 AM, Autonomous said:

Majority of media is now anti imran. Even people like kamran khan are criticizing governance related issues. 

20+ people died in murree incident, we dont even need TTP - Imran Khan and Usman Buzdar are enough to kill people with their sheer incompetence. 

Till few years ago, Imran as PM was seen as a mystery by India. 95% of the population were confused about the outcome and the rest were positive with him improving India Pakistan diplomatic relationships. But almost all believed that Imran Khan will seamlessly transfer his leadership skills from cricket to politics, until Uri terror attack happened.

Edited by MechEng

20 hours ago, MechEng said:

Till few years ago, Imran as PM was seen as a mystery by India. 95% of the population were confused about the outcome and the rest were positive with him improving India Pakistan diplomatic relationships. But almost all believed that Imran Khan will seamlessly transfer his leadership skills from cricket to politics, until Uri terror attack happened.

PM in Pakistan means puppet minister

20 hours ago, MechEng said:

I never followed Imran the politician closely before he was elected. While I expected usual rhetoric from him as PM, what surprised me were personal attack on Modi. 

35 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I never followed Imran the politician closely before he was elected. While I expected usual rhetoric from him as PM, what surprised me were personal attack on Modi. 

Mix of elitism, bruised ego, domestic politics and just in general being a moron. 

I keep telling my Pakistani friends. You have no idea what you are dealing with. Modi will not respond. He knows his position on the board and he knows that Pakistan and Imran are becoming immaterial. He wouldn’t waste his political capital. 

Edited by ravishingravi

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Mix of elitism, bruised ego, domestic politics and just in general being a moron. 

I keep telling my Pakistani friends. You have no idea what you are dealing with. Modi will not respond. He knows his position on the board and he knows that Pakistan and Imran are becoming immaterial. He wouldn’t waste his political capital. 

Imran is not a statesman, he is a chichora of highest order. 

Bus 5-6 cheezain ratti hui hain wahi bakta rehta hai.

For domestic use:

-Main nahin chorunga

-Ghabrana nai hai

-Yeh sab choor daaku, NRO chahye

-Hum sabka ehtsaab karenge

-Corruption, loota pessa, pichli hakoomatain

For global audience:

-Islamophobia

-Fascists

-Afghans

-Absolutely not

@Autonomous I know its a very difficult time. But take my word, the worst is yet to come. This I say with no malice. I hope I am wrong. I have a lot of time and affection for the people, but I think fundamentalism project is just about to peak. 

I stand by my prediction, Af-Pak will be Syria. A conflict zone with multiple war lords.  Most of the educated and elite will be out in next 5 years. Once it starts to unravel, it will be very quick. Babar might well be playing for a county. 

Imran has only fast tracked the process. 

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

@Autonomous I know its a very difficult time. But take my word, the worst is yet to come. This I say with no malice. I hope I am wrong. I have a lot of time and affection for the people, but I think fundamentalism project is just about to peak. 

I stand by my prediction, Af-Pak will be Syria. A conflict zone with multiple war lords.  Most of the educated and elite will be out in next 5 years. Once it starts to unravel, it will be very quick. Babar might well be playing for a county. 

Imran has only fast tracked the process. 

I dont agree with the war lord thing for pakistan, I think economics would be the key factor as far as pakistan is concerned.

I can see dollar going to 200 against PKR in an year. 

Also, alot depends on how establishment choose to act and if they truly realize the concept of geo-economics. 

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

I dont agree with the war lord thing for pakistan, I think economics would be the key factor as far as pakistan is concerned.

I can see dollar going to 200 against PKR in an year. 

Also, alot depends on how establishment choose to act and if they truly realize the concept of geo-economics. 

Tell me what fundamental factors will take economy forward. Investments ? Good luck asking for investments neighbouring Afghanistan and street power of fundamentalists. Education ?  You have one youngest demography with average age 23 but 50% of those are not enrolled in schools. They are getting trained in Madrassas. State has lost its writ to them. What else ? Agriculture ? You have some of the most fertile land in subcontinent and yet you are net importers. CPEC ? If the region destabilizes further or Xi goes, that project is done. I am not even touching debt trap. 

Goose is cooked man. Only option is military rule that closes its borders on all sides and starts hiring technocrats like Singapore. 

For Pak to come out of this mess it will have to grow at 8-10% for 20 years. With Jihalat I see, I don't know how that is possible. What you need to do, you know it. But you can't. Peace with India. Open trade. Accept the LOE. But you can't do it. Even you want to, godfather china won't allow. 

Edited by ravishingravi

4 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Tell me what fundamental factors will take economy forward. Investments ? Good luck asking for investments neighbouring Afghanistan and street power of fundamentalists. Education ?  You have one youngest demography with average age 23 but 50% of those are not enrolled in schools. They are getting trained in Madrassas. State has lost its writ to them. What else ? Agriculture ? You have some of the most fertile land in subcontinent and yet you are net importers. CPEC ? If the region destabilizes further or Xi goes, that project is done. I am not even touching debt trap. 

Goose is cooked man. Only option is military rule that closes its borders on all sides and starts hiring technocrats like Singapore. 

For Pak to come out of this mess it will have to grow at 8-10% for 20 years. With Jihalat I see, I don't know how that is possible. What you need to do, you know it. But you can't. Peace with India. Open trade. Accept the LOE. But you can't do it. Even you want to, godfather china won't allow. 

Economy is the mother of all problems for us

5 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Economy is the mother of all problems for us

And solving that requires sending Military back to barracks, making peace with India, and start doing business with India. 

But like others have said, neither do greenbros want to do this, nor will their fake military bosses allow this, or even if that changes, now money-lender Uncle Cheen will not allow this.