Shadab Khan vs Yuvi Chahal - T20I overall as a package

vvvslaxman

Just now, ShoonyaSifar said:

There is a clear elbow jerk there, without any hyperextension. Hasnain part 2

Sure, we should listen to an absolute "zero" as you yourself like to call yourself and not a certified coach who is putting out the video of this guy to explain the use of wrist as well as the prevailing hyperextension.  

This forum is full of cricket-illiterate clowns and hardly any worthwhile poster to have a serious discourse with. 

1 hour ago, Axl100mph said:

Sure, we should listen to an absolute "zero" as you yourself like to call yourself and not a certified coach who is putting out the video of this guy to explain the use of wrist as well as the prevailing hyperextension.  

This forum is full of cricket-illiterate clowns and hardly any worthwhile poster to have a serious discourse with. 

Yeah, we are a circus here and were missing a donkey. Thanks for completing the circus by joining.

BTW how did the world dominance you were prophesising after beating BD go in that u-19 WC?

29 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

That dominance has headed to his arse

Joke people ,i tell you

The vile posts and the terrible posting standards is a big shame to this forum. 

A bunch of jingoist teens everywhere with foot in mouth disease. I hope the mods can wake up from slumber and make it slightly bearable. 

1 minute ago, Axl100mph said:

A bunch of jingoist teens everywhere with foot in mouth disease. I hope the mods can wake up from slumber and make it slightly bearable. 

Dada jaan gussa kam karen apka damaag thanda rakhen

On 2/8/2022 at 11:21 AM, Axl100mph said:

You reported the 'joke people' post.  I do not think that is a post that needs to be censored.  Its not "nice", but its right in the grey zone of what should be acceptable or not.  When in doubt, I'm going to avoid censoring or banning folks.  Same latitude is given to you as well btw.

Yes, I agree that there are a minority of posters and posts that are problematic.  We are trying to get folks to do better on that end, but keep in mind moderators are not sitting here on the dole or milking ad money from the site.  All are community volunteers.  

Please report any posts that you see that are egregious and we will address with deleting, and repeat offenders will be banned. 

Btw, notice that your post that's quoted here, is far more 'aggressive' in language and rude in tone, than the one that you reported.  And again, I'm going to let it stand uncensored.  Because its your point of view, and not excessively rude.  

16 hours ago, Vijy said:

it's shadab khan vs chahal...thread is rather silly since in the formats where they are regular, obviously shadab is more multi-dimensional.

Shadab Khan's bowling had gone the Piyush Chawla way over the last few years - he overbowled his googly, and was darting them in.  Maybe he was more focused on practising his batting?  Who knows.  

The primary problem for Shadab - and Piyush Chawla had a similar issue btw - is the lack of extended game time at the domestic level, to work on his legspin craft.  He's been playing so much T20 cricket, and that style and aspect has dominated his bowling.  

Honestly speaking, Shadab has underachived quite a bit relative to the potential he exhibited in his early years, especially as a bowler.  

Comparing him to Chahal is a nonstarter because both are very different cricketers.  Chahal can only fantasize of fielding or batting at anywhere near Shadab's level.

I don't follow t20 league cricket much, so don't have first-hand info on if and how much Shadab's batting has improved - I know he had a couple of good t20 innings recently.  But that in itself doesn't say much.  

Shadab is at a Washington Sundar level of talent - a legitimate allround prospect who can potentially become a 3 format regular.  But the reality is that his bowling has not developed anywhere near what it takes to be an effective test match legspinner.  Maybe it can still happen, but Pak cricket would need him to invest serious time and effort in First Class cricket.  And given the economic incentives (or lack of), honestly I don't see Shadab doing that.  That's his loss and Pakistan cricket's.

On 2/5/2022 at 5:18 PM, First class said:

Hasan Ali is the worst T20 bowler at any level in Pakistan. If your team winning the match, give him couple of overs and he will lose it for you . He carried on in PSL where he left at T20 WC . In ongoing PSL his ER is 11.93, the worst in PSL 7. He is fine for tests but certainly not for T20. 

Its hard for 'pace' bowlers who are on the shorter side.  Analysis will eventually start to dull their strengths, and if they even lose a slight bit of pace, the lack of height and trajectory makes them vulnerable.  

Hassan is an interesting character.  I like hard working committed players like him who give 110% - but i don't like gawwaarshowboating and all that bomb explosion stuff.  Its stupid in my view.  He was always going to be a 'support' bowler over his career, not a lead dog.  And arguably, relative to his talent, he has done well to utilize it. 

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

Shadab Khan's bowling had gone the Piyush Chawla way over the last few years - he overbowled his googly, and was darting them in.  Maybe he was more focused on practising his batting?  Who knows.  

The primary problem for Shadab - and Piyush Chawla had a similar issue btw - is the lack of extended game time at the domestic level, to work on his legspin craft.  He's been playing so much T20 cricket, and that style and aspect has dominated his bowling.  

Honestly speaking, Shadab has underachived quite a bit relative to the potential he exhibited in his early years, especially as a bowler.  

Comparing him to Chahal is a nonstarter because both are very different cricketers.  Chahal can only fantasize of fielding or batting at anywhere near Shadab's level.

I don't follow t20 league cricket much, so don't have first-hand info on if and how much Shadab's batting has improved - I know he had a couple of good t20 innings recently.  But that in itself doesn't say much.  

Shadab is at a Washington Sundar level of talent - a legitimate allround prospect who can potentially become a 3 format regular.  But the reality is that his bowling has not developed anywhere near what it takes to be an effective test match legspinner.  Maybe it can still happen, but Pak cricket would need him to invest serious time and effort in First Class cricket.  And given the economic incentives (or lack of), honestly I don't see Shadab doing that.  That's his loss and Pakistan cricket's.

I'd agree that Shadab has a lot of potential, but I think his primary skill is - or rather, ought to have been - bowling, whereas sundar has more batting chops. Apart from this, I am generally in agreement with the rest.

28 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I'd agree that Shadab has a lot of potential, but I think his primary skill is - or rather, ought to have been - bowling, whereas sundar has more batting chops. Apart from this, I am generally in agreement with the rest.

I suspect the problem is that Shadab wants to be more of a batsman than he is, instead of putting in the needed focus and effort on developing his bowling.

36 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I suspect the problem is that Shadab wants to be more of a batsman than he is, instead of putting in the needed focus and effort on developing his bowling.

I agree,  that happens to many all rounders , once they start scoring runs , their bowling suffers due to lack of motivation . Pakistan needs Shadab the bowler , not the batsman. Look at Faheem Ashraf ,  he scored couple of 50s in test and his bowling is almost useless now. 

28 minutes ago, First class said:

I agree,  that happens to many all rounders , once they start scoring runs , their bowling suffers due to lack of motivation . Pakistan needs Shadab the bowler , not the batsman. Look at Faheem Ashraf ,  he scored couple of 50s in test and his bowling is almost useless now. 

his bowling was not that good to begin with. if anything, faheem is an overachiever while shadab is an underachiever.