Ugh - Its that time of the year when there is No International cricket for next 2 months

I would rather watch the IPL than watch a mediocre Kohli X1 in action which is what our team has been over the past 2-3 years with prolonged mediocrity, questionable selections, suppression of new talent, and boring cricket. Sure, IPL has its flaws but it allows more players to earn their livelihood and get set financially for life. For that one reason alone I support it. I get the angst over IPL successes getting touted as the next big thing in international cricket but it's all in the moment hype and shouldn't be taken seriously. 

13 minutes ago, nevada said:

I would rather watch the IPL than watch a mediocre Kohli X1 in action which is what our team has been over the past 2-3 years with prolonged mediocrity, questionable selections, suppression of new talent, and boring cricket. Sure, IPL has its flaws but it allows more players to earn their livelihood and get set financially for life. For that one reason alone I support it. I get the angst over IPL successes getting touted as the next big thing in international cricket but it's all in the moment hype and shouldn't be taken seriously. 

A very balanced and good post

17 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Two months is bit too long,they need to arrest the overkill for next seasons

Less venues will translate to slow low dull pitches which will get worse over the time

Weekends need to have 2 double headers

Only interesting thing like every season is watching some of the young guns perform. Hope the pitches like you said don't turn into slow and low and start gripping. Then matches will be like a torture with trundlers like Sakariya and Unadkat becoming unplayable.

30 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Only interesting thing like every season is watching some of the young guns perform. Hope the pitches like you said don't turn into slow and low and start gripping. Then matches will be like a torture with trundlers like Sakariya and Unadkat becoming unplayable.

Exactly,they should have chosen 6-8,8-10 venues atleast,they didn't forsee the scare will cede?

I know about covid scare but still 6-8 venues could have been sealed for the sake of quality

Bruised pitches will only get worse, best time for pathetic trundlers to forge their way back in the reckoning

Edited by Suhaan