Upcoming fast bowlers from SENA countries

This is a dedicated thread to keep track of genuine,swing bowlers(be any kind)

We here mostly talk about currently playing fast bowlers from other countries and we  would be highly interested to know about domestic developments going on in our SENA countries in terms of pace

So who are they,who are raring to go in international cricket

We had Jamieson recently,then came Jansen,quite curious to know about Australia home of express pacers in the past

Only country in the world who have produced more than one express pacer in the history of cricket Lee, Thomson,Tait

Not only them the ENA as well,incude the WINDIES too

Naming the contributors ,as follows:

@Vijy

@tweaker

@Jay

@singhvivek141

@S_pace

@MultiB48

@Lone Wolf

@express bowling

@rkt.india

@Mosher

@Nikola

@Vk1

So post your observations here and discuss about the future prospects

I have missed few names,who too would contribute,

You are most welcome guys

Note- No 120-128 dibbly dobblers,no thread for those kinds

Edited by Suhaan
1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

This is a dedicated thread to keep track of genuine,swing bowlers(be any kind)

We here mostly talk about currently playing fast bowlers from other countries and we  would be highly interested to know about domestic developments going on in our SENA countries in terms of pace

So who are they,who are raring to go in international cricket

We had Jamieson recently,then came Jansen,quite curious to know about Australia home of express pacers in the past

Only country in the world who have produced more than one express pacer in the history of cricket Lee, Thomson,Tait

Not only them the ENA as well,incude the WINDIES too

Naming the contributors ,as follows:

@Vijy

@tweaker

@Jay

@singhvivek141

@S_pace

@MultiB48

@Lone Wolf

@express bowling

@rkt.india

@Mosher

@Nikola

@Vk1

So post your observations here and discuss about the future prospects

I have missed few names,who too would contribute,

You are most welcome guys

Note- No 120-128 dibbly dobblers,no thread for those kinds

To kick off the thread of genuine express pacers who have not yet played for their countries: Jamie Overton of Eng. Much more exciting than his brother Craig "trundler" overton.

West Indies has produced the most express pacers - 

Holding

Patrick Patterson 

Fidel Edwards

Andy Roberts

Tino best

Also their young pacers are quick too and can even be called Express - 

Oshane Thomas

Ronsford

Even Alzarri can clock 150 as seen in this IPL. 

Australia hasn't produced so many express pacers

Also I am quite sure that there are many others, I just can't recall their names as of now. 

18 minutes ago, Adamant said:

West Indies has produced the most express pacers - 

Holding

Patrick Patterson 

Fidel Edwards

Andy Roberts

Tino best

Also their young pacers are quick too and can even be called Express - 

Oshane Thomas

Ronsford

Even Alzarri can clock 150 as seen in this IPL. 

Australia hasn't produced so many express pacers

Also I am quite sure that there are many others, I just can't recall their names as of now. 

Express pacers =155+ bowlers

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Express pacers =155+ bowlers

I think speed guns were a bit dodgy in 2003 WC.  No way Akhtar would have clocked 161 otheriwse.  Nortje's 155.6 kph to Buttler in 2020 IPl was more quicker than that ball. 

Express pacer category these days is genuine 150+ kph bowlers in Mark Wood who was super fast in Ashes & Ferguson  Haris Rauf Umran..  Nortje before injury. 

Express is not 155+ rofl wtf no way

145 plus consistently is express 

Show me one test match where shoaib bowled 150 plus consistently throughout the day. Yea no. Dodgy speed guns too back in those days. 

I dont believe Lee or shoaib clock 155 + consistently in current era. 

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Express is not 155+ rofl wtf no way

145 plus consistently is express 

Show me one test match where shoaib bowled 150 plus consistently throughout the day. Yea no. Dodgy speed guns too back in those days. 

I dont believe Lee or shoaib clock 155 + consistently in current era. 

Express bowling is not about spells,it is atmost about 1-1.5 overs

It is not easy to maintain that kind of pace even for thta period

Express bowlers have the ability to hurl deliveries at that pace while they mostly operate at 140-145+ that too in short bursts

Im not debating the legitimacy of speed guns across eras

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think speed guns were a bit dodgy in 2003 WC.  No way Akhtar would have clocked 161 otheriwse.  Nortje's 155.6 kph to Buttler in 2020 IPl was more quicker than that ball. 

Express pacer category these days is genuine 150+ kph bowlers in Mark Wood who was super fast in Ashes & Ferguson  Haris Rauf Umran..  Nortje before injury. 

Speed guns were giving higher speeds then,yes

But even before that WC against NZ and Aus in SL he looked extremely fast clocking 156,157

Even in Indias tour to Pakistan a year after he looked super quick

Edited by Suhaan
1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Express bowling is not about spells,it is atmost about 1-1.5 overs

It is not easy to maintain that kind of pace even for thta period

Express bowlers have the ability to hurl deliveries at that pace while they mostly operate at 140-145+ that too in short bursts

Im not debating the legitimacy of speed guns across eras

Fair enough. That makes more sense. I thought you meant express as in 155+ consistently. That's impossible lol. Your back will be tukada tukada in no time. 

I totally agree about 140-145 average throughout the day and 1 to 2 spells here an there at 150 +. 

For australia: in tests

Mitch perry is a good prospect. 

Msrk stekete is decent. Not fast but fast medium ish. 

Xavier Bartlett is still young. Lacks that extra zip and pace though. 

For their odi and t20

Look out for this kid called will prestwidge. He was lightning quick in a t20 game. 

Also don't forget jhye Richardson. He is only 25 or 26. He can play all formats.

Rest are all are trash. Not much bowling talent in 140+ tbh. It's bare. 

Only prestwidge looked rapid. Jhye is good for all formats. Good pace and bounce. 135-142 ish. 

Mitch perry is quick. Bit of a starc type bowler. 

@Lone Wolf
 If you remember ,India tour to Pakistan 2004 he looked quite quick

Ten sports had the broadcasting rights and they were known to show lesser speeds than what the other broadcasters used to show

Don't  remember what was his quickest spell in that tour overall,may not be over 155

Do you remember?

46 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

@Lone Wolf
 If you remember ,India tour to Pakistan 2004 he looked quite quick

Ten sports had the broadcasting rights and they were known to show lesser speeds than what the other broadcasters used to show

Don't  remember what was his quickest spell in that tour overall,may not be over 155

Do you remember?

I only remember the ODI series in 2004..  In 2006 I remember his beamers to Dhoni...  That spell also looked super quick.  His fuller length balls were mostly 150-152ish on Tensport speed guns.  Ball was flying off the bat too.  Shoaib was indeed quickest pacer we have ever seen.  

His spell in 2002 vs NZ was super fast as well..  Unplayable yorkers at 155kph

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

This one looks quick unlike the 2003 ones .What do you think ?looks 155-160 to me, specially the ones astle jammed down on,but speedometer shows 145-150.This is also at Eden park.

Looks 8-10 kph lesser readings

First ball shown was 130 it looked like 140,batsman was rushed,that delivery wasn't super quick but wasn't 130 either

to return the thread back to thread, I want to emphasize that most of the players not yet capped who were discussed in the thread are not consistently 145+ - tom helm, will prestwidge, etc. I have hopes only for Jamie Overton and Gerald Coetzee. Not commenting on Jayden Seales, etc. since they have already played for int'l sides.