2nd T20I (N), Cuttack, June 12, 2022, South Africa v India 7:00 PM IST

1 minute ago, Lord said:

its not a patta though. He had time tonight and couldnt afford to get out. So his approach was right.

That was my thinking as well. We rarely see KKD trying to defend and run  a ball down to third man in the end overs.  It was more of stalling a potential late order collapse for a while.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

That was my thinking as well. We rarely see KKD trying to defend and run  a ball down to third man in the end overs.  It was more of stalling a potential late order collapse for a while.

you think that played on his mind given we had a big tail? if thats the case then fair enough.

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

just remember full strength SA team will have this

ngidi/jansen

nortje

rabada

shamsi

pretorius 

so they are playing full strength and we arent. only ngidi missing. or jansen. 

india havent played any of their best bowlers. but we have no body batsmen so yea. 

Only real miss for us is Bumrah. The ones who are not playing will be a net negative compared to the ones who have been given a chance in this series. 

We complain about taking bilaterals too seriously but then also complain when we don't win after experimenting. Squad selected was a good one for the series. 

Just now, Jay said:

you think that played on his mind given we had a big tail? if thats the case then fair enough.

Probably the instructions as well. Entire top and middle order let us down. He had to play a dual role as 3 batsmen were back in the hut for not many runs.