Sarfaraz Khan

On 2/10/2024 at 10:50 PM, tweaker said:

Dilip Vengsarkar has questioned the management over their use of rookie players, especially Sarfaraz Khan. Vengsarkar said while the management didn't give the opportunity to Sarfaraz at the right time, the batter can still deliver for the team.

While hinting towards Sarfaraz's ouster, Vengsarkar said if a player doesn't get the opportunity at the right time, he might loose his confidence and hunger to perform after one point.

Sarfaraz is good as well, but he also has not gotten the opportunity at the right time. I think the timing has to be precise in these situations - provide opportunity to these youngsters when they are in great form. If you lose that time, then the player might lose his form, interest, or fitness,"

sarfaraz's best days are behind him. could have done much better if selected 2 yr ago

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

No comments as never seen him play. But has amazing fc stats…even inzi was amazing being crazy over weight. 

easy to have high FC stats in india. look at pradosh ranjan paul, even likes of ricky bhui and indrajith for last 5 years (not referring to their entire career)

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

sarfaraz's best days are behind him. could have done much better if selected 2 yr ago

He is only 26, so still has time.

2 years ago the TM was busy carrying deadweights in Rahane, Pujara and Kohli 

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

Thats a depressing comment, I actually do believe it as well without even knowing the player.

Let a player rot in Ranji while we have Pujara and Rahane in the team would have been depressing as fcuk.

He is bit of an old school player. Aravinda de silva. But not sure if he can pull as well as Aravinda. Wristy. Scores quickly. Pujara is not exactly the masterful technician. SHeer will power helped him achieve whatever good he achieved. That is the most important thing. Sarfraz can have a decent career. He can draw inspiration from Jaiswal who immediately corrected the mistake he made in the first innings. He stopped manufacturing shots.

10 hours ago, Vijy said:

easy to have high FC stats in india. look at pradosh ranjan paul, even likes of ricky bhui and indrajith for last 5 years (not referring to their entire career)

That's what I had thought too, but he seems to have regained his mojo, rocking it against the ENG Lions a few weeks ago. This made me re-think my position.

13 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is bit of an old school player. Aravinda de silva. But not sure if he can pull as well as Aravinda. Wristy. Scores quickly. Pujara is not exactly the masterful technician. SHeer will power helped him achieve whatever good he achieved. That is the most important thing. Sarfraz can have a decent career. He can draw inspiration from Jaiswal who immediately corrected the mistake he made in the first innings. He stopped manufacturing shots.

if surf has 20% of aravinda's ability, that will still be a lot

21 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Thats a depressing comment, I actually do believe it as well without even knowing the player.

Let a player rot in Ranji while we have Pujara and Rahane in the team would have been depressing as fcuk.

yep. he's pretty much downhill now. should have played at 24

27 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yep, dravidiot will bring in his kar buddy

Yep... Whose doing is that? Sarfaraz with his lazy attitude and approach to fitness & fielding isnt helping his selection. Middle order lefties are worth their weight in gold and if Padikkal can deliver so be it. Note that Padikkal is a good slip fielder & a good outfielder

PS:  But I agree Sarfaraz should get a run of 2 series to show what he can do or cannot

1 hour ago, diga said:

Yep... Whose doing is that? Sarfaraz with his lazy attitude and approach to fitness & fielding isnt helping his selection. Middle order lefties are worth their weight in gold and if Padikkal can deliver so be it. Note that Padikkal is a good slip fielder & a good outfielder

PS:  But I agree Sarfaraz should get a run of 2 series to show what he can do or cannot

it is dravid's doing, first and foremost.