UK ‘will be seen as racist’ if Tories reject Rishi Sunak

goose

Without sounding too judgemental, I understand the Torrie guy’s views. Or let’s say I expect exactly this. 

This idea of globalization and multi culturalism is nice one. But given our base tendencies it is unworkable. When push comes to shove and civilization is under perceived threat all the outsiders will be lumped into one. Just like Hindus in Leicester got othered as RSS or hindutva nationalist fighting Pakistanis. From a white guy’s perspective I completely get how they can shift from welcome brown coolie to wtf are you doing here. And this will happen in every country. 

If you are an Indian living abroad you will never get fully integrated no matter how much you suck up. On slightest threat you will be othered in an instant. Your homeland is and forever will be Bharat. But I totally get that large section of Indians still buy into this rules based order. The rule book will be thrown out in an instant and you will be left twiddling your thumbs. 

Yes I understand Tory guy to a point. Is he racist ? Of course. But so is everyone to an extent. He is asking a very basic question. Can you visualize brown skinned Hindu leading GB ? As brilliant as he maybe and he may be a British citizen. No. Civilizational memory outlasts short term changes. And more than colour of his skin, it’s his Hindu heritage that will never allow him to be in that office. And I agree with the guy, if they do choose him Torries will not be back in power for decade. 

Edited by ravishingravi

^ Issue is , Tory voters voted for BoJo. They do not buy(including myself) that BoJo did anything wrong when its alleged that he was doing party( He was working during Covid lickdown and his colleagues bought him a cake at workplace and that was advertised as partying). We can understand why BoJo is out by(Remoaners within Conservative will punish him for his BREXIT stand even if that means breaking Conservative party).

BoJo understands it too. He is a fighter. He cannot be defeated. Shunak just needs to accept that BoJo is king maker and give him deserved due respect

5 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Without sounding too judgemental, I understand the Torrie guy’s views. Or let’s say I expect exactly this. 

This idea of globalization and multi culturalism is nice one. But given our base tendencies it is unworkable. When push comes to shove and civilization is under perceived threat all the outsiders will be lumped into one. Just like Hindus in Leicester got othered as RSS or hindutva nationalist fighting Pakistanis. From a white guy’s perspective I completely get how they can shift from welcome brown coolie to wtf are you doing here. And this will happen in every country. 

If you are an Indian living abroad you will never get fully integrated no matter how much you suck up. On slightest threat you will be othered in an instant. Your homeland is and forever will be Bharat. But I totally get that large section of Indians still buy into this rules based order. The rule book will be thrown out in an instant and you will be left twiddling your thumbs. 

Yes I understand Tory guy to a point. Is he racist ? Of course. But so is everyone to an extent. He is asking a very basic question. Can you visualize brown skinned Hindu leading GB ? As brilliant as he maybe and he may be a British citizen. No. Civilizational memory outlasts short term changes. And more than colour of his skin, it’s his Hindu heritage that will never allow him to be in that office. And I agree with the guy, if they do choose him Torries will not be back in power for decade. 

Boris Johnson had US citizenship till 2015 when he wanted to advance his career as an MP, he was born in New York, his grandfather was a Turkish muslim.. but cos he 'looks white English' thats ok?

Either UK portrays itself like Japan, non apologetic homogenous nationalists and keep coloured people at bay and limiting them to work and not giving them passports. But if you are labeling yourself as a 'diverse' country then everyone has equal rights to better themselves. Its going to turn into the US at this rate where all non white politicians have to publicly convert to 'Christianity' to be able to put themselves forward to become a s Senator or a President

37 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Boris Johnson has officially pulled out of the race..

which means the UK will have its first indian Hindu PM :finger:

I wouldn't count your chickens , wait until 2pm tomorrow and see if Mordant gets 100 votes . If it goes to the conservative members Rishi has a bit of a problem again 

22 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

I wouldn't count your chickens , wait until 2pm tomorrow and see if Mordant gets 100 votes . If it goes to the conservative members Rishi has a bit of a problem again 

She comes as thick. Only teason we know her name is because BoJo backed her candidacy. 

Try listening to her answer. All her answers are  generic phrases say like “  facing consuderable challenge”, “ Make progressive policies “, “economic difficulties ”, “Unite the nation” . Infact sometimes its so bad that I feel if she understood the question.

Trust me on this. If she is to represent UK internationally,  Either she educates herself very quickly or country should be prepared to be not taken seriously by partners 

Edited by mishra

On 10/23/2022 at 12:01 AM, LordPrabhzy said:

this is the link you mean- I just saw this.

it’s funny these white English harp on about rishi not being a white English.

Where was their English pride when their white minor girls were being trafficked and gangraped by Pakistani grooming gangs?

where was there English pride when thousand of mosques have sprung up across their land. Some areas have become Muslim no go ghettos where sharia law is being practiced.

indians and Hindus are the most successful and integrating community in modern Britain compared to some scum and yet the English don’t see us as British enough- go * yourself 

Live in the real world. Indians and Hindus may be perceived in a more positive light than muslims but you're still a darkie with a very alien culture and that matters a lot. Just look at what happens when too many Indians move to an area, the whites sell up and move to a place where there are no Indians. Wembley, Harrow and Leicester are good examples. 

10 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Boris Johnson had US citizenship till 2015 when he wanted to advance his career as an MP, he was born in New York, his grandfather was a Turkish muslim.. but cos he 'looks white English' thats ok?

Either UK portrays itself like Japan, non apologetic homogenous nationalists and keep coloured people at bay and limiting them to work and not giving them passports. But if you are labeling yourself as a 'diverse' country then everyone has equal rights to better themselves. Its going to turn into the US at this rate where all non white politicians have to publicly convert to 'Christianity' to be able to put themselves forward to become a s Senator or a President

This is what the Pakistanis say about India, about calling themself secular and not sticking to it. The people are what matters, not government labels. If the government says they are secular, does that mean the average football loving white guy is? 

Remember a lot of Indians were furious that Sonia Gandhi was going to become Prime Minister, simply because she was a white Italian Catholic. No one likes being ruled by a minority. But when that majority is a minority somewhere else they want 'equal rights'. 

Appearance matters more than religion in the UK. It was Johnson's great grandfather who was Turkish, so he's just 1/8th Turkish, it will hardly show, besides Turks are hardly dark, a lot look white like Greeks. No one really batted an eyelid over Ed Milliband or Michael Howard's Jewish background because they passed as white. 

In a lot of ways America is less 'racist' than the UK. The CEOs of huge American companies like Microsoft, Mastercard, Citibank, Google, Twitter have been Indians despite the fact these companies were founded by white Americans, that would never happen here in the UK. Indians can barely make it to manager. I work in IT and the majority of my Co workers have been Indian but the manager is usually a white person but at my time at Citibank there were many Indian managers in the American offices. 

11 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

It is a little like (but not same as) Indian right wing (BJP) electing a Christian leader. 

The term 'leader' is thrown around like ladoos in Indian politics.. every era gera natu is a 'Leader' of a party.

in UK political parties there is ONE leader of the parliamentary party who gets to be the PM of the nation

37 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Congratulations to Rishi, but just look at the comments on the Daily Mail website. 

It will be a short tenure even if he does save the economy. 

I think even he knows that the racist white tory members will not vote for him in the next GE election.. he probs looks at this as a short tenure and making history as the first indian origin PM of UK