Will Bangladesh ever be good at cricket?

sage

They do not produce enough quality players in the pipeline to help with transition. Tamim, Shakib, Rahim. Stars of 2007 upset win over India. They still bank on them. When South Africa made their come back in 1992 they had a readymade side that was good enough almost to reach the final of world cup.  When Donald/Pollock left they had Steyn/Ntini replacing them.  BD never developed large enough pool to go from strength to strength. Srilanka through school cricket developed strong system. BD players have to play a lot of county to get used to professional cricket.

9 hours ago, the don said:

They have improved. Especially in ODI’s India-Bang series recently a case in point

They also beat SA 2-1 in the odi series in SA last yr.  They hv improved for sure.  But their performance in multi nation tournaments (incl Asia Cup) remains minnow level.  2018 Asia Cup was the last such tournament where they did reasonably well and made it to the final.   Since then,  they hv suffered first round exits in every asia cup and every icc tournament.   

Edited by Frustrated

We have lost the last 2 ODI series in Bangladesh. 2022 T20 WC win was fluke (also ICC probably favored us), as was our 2018 Asia Cup final triumph (even there brother Litton was wrongly given out when he was batting us out of the match), they posed enough problems when they toured India, think they even beat us in a T20 or ODI, maybe in both, don't remember. 

Almost lost a test if not for that super duper clutch Iyer-Ashwin stand. This is the most important part, flukes happen in T20s and ODIs, but they had us on the mats in a freaking test match, we also had superman Pant in that game.

And didn't they humiliate us in an U-19 WC final 2 years back (against our super strong team which had Jaiswal, Tilak, Garg, Jurel, Bishnoi, Tyagi)? Which means they have pretty good young talent. 

Some humility please!!!!

Edited by Gollum

And did I mention Bangladesh has a smaller economy than Maharashtra, less population than UP, and is the worst sports nation in the world (at least 20 states/UTs in India will smash them if their athletes participate in our national level competitions). Still we haven't demonstrated absolute superiority over them in cricket the last few years when we are at our strongest. Speaks volumes about Indian cricket, doesn't it? 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Still we haven't demonstrated absolute superiority over them in cricket the last few years when we are at our strongest.

Nah we have dominated them all right. Since 2016 , we have record a 19-3 record against them in all formats and at one point , we had a 12 game winning streak against them. Yes a few games might have been close but it is expected from an international level side. Recency bias is taking over here thanks to the recent ODI series loss which we could have easily won if KL hadn't dropped an absolute dolly. But apart from that , they have pretty much nothing against us.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Nah we have dominated them all right. Since 2016 , we have record a 19-3 record against them in all formats and at one point , we had a 12 game winning streak against them. Yes a few games might have been close but it is expected from an international level side. Recency bias is taking over here thanks to the recent ODI series loss which we could have easily won if KL hadn't dropped an absolute dolly. But apart from that , they have pretty much nothing against us.

They may compete against us the odd game in Asia but no chance it's not a one sided contest In SENA. 

8 minutes ago, badmash said:

I mean bangladesh currently has a better pace attack then India 

Bhai Teri nazar me to Uganda ka pace attack bhi India se better hoga. 

And then when India attack will win then match, then you will resort to excuses like 

1. Batsman gifted them wickets

2. Conditions became bowler friendly

3. Batters felt pity on them

4. Poor game awareness by the batters 

Let's watch the game instead of bringing India in every discussion.

Edited by singhvivek141
3 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

'than' hota hai. 'then' nahi.    But I get your point.  Bangladesh pace attack has always been better than India for decades.  :p:

Wo sab to theek hay par when you start a sentence make sure to capitalize the letter. But I get your point. 

3 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Bhai Teri nazar me to Uganda ka pace attack bhi India se better hoga. 

And then when India attack will win then match, then you will resort to excuses like 

1. Batsman gifted them wickets

2. Conditions became bowler friendly

3. Batters felt pity on them

4. Poor game awareness by the batters 

Let's watch the game before bringing India in every discussion.

Mein to bas bol raha go by what I see. Taskin, shradul and Hassan look better then siraj and shami at the moment, not sure about bumrah since he hasn’t bowled yet.