Ashwin's points to ponder after World Cup loss : complete revamp

Sgattick10

We have orange and purple caps. It talks about volume of runs (Kela)  and volume of wickets (chahal, harshal)  lol  He threw 3 guys under the bus.  Ashwin should have never played being a finger spinner.  They included him ahead of Chahal for his not-so great T20 batting skills. or they could have used him as a batsman against spin in the final. Those 7 overs 41 runs against spin were criminal.  Should have been Thakur and Chahal. Not Ashwin and Axar.

1 hour ago, the don said:

India paired a defensive bowling lineup with a batting team that looks for par scores. The spicy pitches sort of hid a few deficiencies. 
England have the most attacking batting yet they play Adil rashid and Mark wood as two out and out attacking bowlers.

that is also due to the fact of no batting depth..clueless after 5 down..lol..

however it doesnt mean that openers continue to misfire..Mark Wood didnt play SF and Final..

India and Pak batting made English bowling looked  better than they actually are..

India wud hv probably lost the match even after scoring 200+ but Pak could hv won after scoring 150+..or Indian team could hv defeated Eng in chase..of anything <200..

imo..Quality wise this is poorest time in cricket..English team is just andho mei kaana raaja..

I somehow feel Aus team reduction in quality affected overall quality in cricket..tgey were the gold standard for me on their prime..

Edited by Need4Speed
28 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

that is also due to the fact of no batting depth..clueless after 5 down..lol..

however it doesnt mean that openers continue to misfire..Mark Wood didnt play SF and Final..

India and Pak batting made English bowling looked  better than they actually are..

India wud hv probably lost the match even after scoring 200+ but Pak could hv won after scoring 150+..or Indian team could hv defeated Eng in chase..of anything <200..

imo..Quality wise this is poorest time in cricket..English team is just andho mei kaana raaja..

I somehow feel Aus team reduction in quality affected overall quality in cricket..tgey were the gold standard for me on their prime..

I don't think T20 cricket is a good gauge of the quality of cricket, in this world cup, England, Pakistan, Srilanka, South Africa, West Indies all lost to minnows, anyone can beat anyone with a bit of luck!

Test cricket and ODI' can tell you more about the overall quality of cricket, and Aus still are the best. They even won the last T20 worldcup while looking lacklustre. 

1 hour ago, Sandz said:

I don't think T20 cricket is a good gauge of the quality of cricket, in this world cup, England, Pakistan, Srilanka, South Africa, West Indies all lost to minnows, anyone can beat anyone with a bit of luck!

Test cricket and ODI' can tell you more about the overall quality of cricket, and Aus still are the best. They even won the last T20 worldcup while looking lacklustre. 

I understand but world is moving more towards T20 due to corporates..so we have to create quality for T20..SKY is there for us..

Aus team is lacking quality bowling for T20 as if now..imo..missing genuine AR..like Shane Watson..Cameron Green is WIP..

Mitchell Marsh is injury prone..

3 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Why didntnhe say before Wcup..how about his performances..all his variations cudnt get us wkts..

Rohit is said to have backed him over likes of upcoming bowlers like Bishnoi, who bowls a lot of googlies, and Kuldeep. 

Sundar cud hv fome good job had he remained free of injuries and got enough matches to upp his game and utility..

we cud hv then left out Ashwin and Axar abd accomodated agressive wrist spinner..

well same cud hv happened if Jadeja was not injured..

Jadeja’s injury f***d up teams bakance pretty bad..and we had to sacrifice wrist spinner to strengtheb batting

Edited by Need4Speed