Jump to content
coffee_rules

Non-vegetarians - would you try eating..

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, nevada said:

Is this different than what beyond and impossible burgers are currently providing? Some of the non vegetarians who want to go cruelty free might be interested in trying them out. I am a vegetarian since 2020 March, but I never ate beef, so I don't feel any interest in trying this Clean meat steak. 

No it’s different. Impossible burgers are plant-based and some induced organic material. This steak is from cultured stem-cells , lab-grown cultivated meat. It!s almost real meat. Bill Gates is invested heavily in this industry as it reduces green-housing gases from cow-farming and good for the environment. It’s Woke Meat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, speed_thrills said:

So far I have eaten 

Lamb

Goat

Chicken 

Turkey 

Cow

Pig

Camel 

Crocodile

Frog

 

But not going to eat any stem.

Am a veggie since 2015. Tried all in that list except for last three. Frog - how does it taste? Pardon me, it’s repulsive. 
 

Yes, will never eat stem-cells and will avoid interacting socially with people who do eat it. Pata nahin kab bookh lage aur mujhe hi khana samjhe! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember following clean meat from early days (still early days), coming across n being proud of a fellow Indian Uma Valeti of 'Memphis meats'.. also remember citations of polls where 90% of non-veg people willing/eager to try this out ...

 

My background: ate non-veg till age 10 , after that, could not make myself eat it due to animal suffering... non-vegetarians have solid arguments but Dil to dil hi hai...i never missed non-veg food. ..i want to go vegan but unable to give up dairy products as of now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

No it’s different. Impossible burgers are plant-based and some induced organic material. This steak is from cultured stem-cells , lab-grown cultivated meat. It!s almost real meat. Bill Gates is invested heavily in this industry as it reduces green-housing gases from cow-farming and good for the environment. It’s Woke Meat!

Yikes! Sounds fugly, just like that wannabe messiah Hell's Gates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Am a veggie since 2015. Tried all in that list except for last three. Frog - how does it taste? Pardon me, it’s repulsive. 
 

Yes, will never eat stem-cells and will avoid interacting socially with people who do eat it. Pata nahin kab bookh lage aur mujhe hi khana samjhe! 

Frog meat in stew form is a regular delicacy in Philippines. Once the feeling of repulsiveness is overcome then it tastes good.

 

Next I am planning to try out thie. https://www.vergemagazine.com/volunteer-abroad/blogs/1125-ugandan-grasshopper-season.html   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Am a veggie since 2015. Tried all in that list except for last three. Frog - how does it taste? Pardon me, it’s repulsive. 
 

Yes, will never eat stem-cells and will avoid interacting socially with people who do eat it. Pata nahin kab bookh lage aur mujhe hi khana samjhe! 


I had tasted frog recently in Chinese restaurant. I can safely say, I felt a little weird afterwards. Having not tasted meat for best part of my life, frog and Rabbit were bridge too far for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How cow grow?  From stem cells, of course.  Pig get big?  Stem cells, of course. Chicken thicken?  Stem cells, of course.

 

Every cell in any animal's body (or plant's body, or mushroom's body) comes from a stem cell.  Just underneath your skin surface, there are billions of stem cells making new cells every day. Everything you have eaten in your whole life started off as a stem cell.

 

When we eat meat, we mostly consume muscle fibres. Every muscle fibre of a chicken, goat, hog, cattle etc. came from a stem cell.  In other words, the food-animal's body is simply a factory that takes in plants, breaks them down, and converts them to muscle fibres.  Which you eat.  Specific chemicals within the body direct the stem cells to become nerve or muscle or whatever. 

 

But these factories also feel pain and have eyes and ears and noses like we do, and so tug at our emotional strings.  They also belch and fart and piss and poop. 

 

All that these scientists are doing is taking the same stem cells, putting them with the same growth chemicals that produce muscle fibres in the animal's body, but place them in a pain-free, belch-less, fart-less, piss-less, poop-less, bacteria-less container.  And voila - muscle! 

 

So, if someone approaches vegetarianism from an animal-welfare ethos, this is great option for them.  It's the same thing, minus the pain inflicted.

 

Here's another company that is on the cusp of bringing lab-grown meat to market: Uma Valeti's Upside Foods

Another related company: Ryan Pandya and Perumal Gandhi's Perfect Day Cell-Based Dairy - Real milk, no cow.

 

 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Horses and donkeys and elephants were our vehicles. Then we fabricated moving machines with metal.  We don't need animals to transport us anymore.

 

Similarly, cows and pigs and chickens and goats are food-processing machines.  If we can fabricate alternative food-processing machines like we fabricated vehicles for transport, why not? 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Horses and donkeys and elephants were our vehicles. Then we fabricated moving machines with metal.  We don't need animals to transport us anymore.

 

Similarly, cows and pigs and chickens and goats are food-processing machines.  If we can fabricate alternative food-processing machines like we fabricated vehicles for transport, why not? 

Don’t trust the establishment that synthesized a deadly disease in lab, this synthetic meat might reveal a side-effect after years of consumption. No argument that it is the best option for animals. They can avoid getting killed. But safety of humans is paramount for humanity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Don’t trust the establishment that synthesized a deadly disease in lab, this synthetic meat might reveal a side-effect after years of consumption. No argument that it is the best option for animals. They can avoid getting killed. But safety of humans is paramount for humanity. 

Hmm ... who turned you into an ultra-liberal, anti-technology luddite, Anna?  WADR, your post sounds like those who said the same thing about genetic engineering of agricultural crops, and to date (30 yrs), not a single death has been caused by putting genes in plants.

 

Cell-cultured meat is not synthetic in that the same chemicals that the chicken or pig or cow's body is using are also being used to grow the stem cells into muscle fibers.  If anything, this technology will be safer from a contamination perspective and prevent infection of millions of humans from food-borne pathogens that fester in animal-dung. 

 

What is unknown is how these factories can be used by unscrupulous people - someone can come in and pour some natural venom into the growth containers and poison a whole population.  Like making car bombs or crashing airplanes deliberately.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Hmm ... who turned you into an ultra-liberal, anti-technology luddite, Anna?  WADR, your post sounds like those who said the same thing about genetic engineering of agricultural crops, and to date (30 yrs), not a single death has been caused by putting genes in plants.

 

Cell-cultured meat is not synthetic in that the same chemicals that the chicken or pig or cow's body is using are also being used to grow the stem cells into muscle fibers.  If anything, this technology will be safer from a contamination perspective and prevent infection of millions of humans from food-borne pathogens that fester in animal-dung. 

 

What is unknown is how these factories can be used by unscrupulous people - someone can come in and pour some natural venom into the growth containers and poison a whole population.  Like making car bombs or crashing airplanes deliberately.

 

 

 

GMO on plants is still plant genes and modified  artificially from natural genes. Stem-cells in organisms eventually becomes a living live animal with feelings. Something iffy and icky about stem-cell cultivated organic muscle, fat  and tissue and consuming it. There is no equivalence between the two. If it’s safe , well good for animals. For vegetarians, it doesn’t make any difference , just don’t want to be the spokesperson for this , that’s all. Was just curious what other NVs feel. I am sure it will take  time to be comfortable with it.
 

So you say there is no difference in quality or authenticity between a naturally grown tissue from stem-cells in an animal’s body and a lab-grown tissue using stem-cells ? 
 

Next would be to grow human tissue and organs and used them in transplants?

Edited by coffee_rules
Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...