Projects lost to Gujarat

gattaca

13 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

It seems like Tesla could be officially building their first plant in the land of Gujarat. 

Plus gift city. Gujarat will be in different place in next 5 years. 

Is it true that govt will be reducing import duty for Tesla to 15% from existing 100%?

On 12/30/2023 at 10:53 AM, Trichromatic said:

Is it true that govt will be reducing import duty for Tesla to 15% from existing 100%?

Tesla is single handily destroying the EV market in the west and somehow it great news for people re this factory.

Tesla has reduced its prices for new models by 20% which has meant a lot of people with used EVs wil never recover their investment. Along with stinging insurance and repair costs for EV, lots of people are ditching them in favour of ICE cars. So it may seem like a good thing now but this factory will close 

48 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Tesla is single handily destroying the EV market in the west and somehow it great news for people re this factory.

Tesla has reduced its prices for new models by 20% which has meant a lot of people with used EVs wil never recover their investment. Along with stinging insurance and repair costs for EV, lots of people are ditching them in favour of ICE cars. So it may seem like a good thing now but this factory will close 

What do you mean by recover their investment ? You mean in terms of resale price ? 

On 1/2/2024 at 7:51 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

So it may seem like a good thing now but this factory will close 

Well that's not necessarily true - breakthrough in solid state batteries or Na ion could make them more "eco friendly" & longer range in the future. For me the biggest issue is the increasing energy demands, especially given the vast amounts of electricity is still produced though coal. So how are they more eco friendly you say, I mean that's what the EV industry claims!

3 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Well that's not necessarily true - breakthrough in solid state batteries or Na ion could make them more "eco friendly" & longer range in the future. For me the biggest issue is the increasing energy demands, especially given the vast amounts of electricity is still produced though coal. So how are they more eco friendly you say, I mean that's what the EV industry claims!

I guess it helps in a way that you can control where to have to your thermal plants and how much capacity will it happen. But same can't be said about vehicles.

I think EV is no magjc bullet for sustainable future. Thats for sure. The technology still depends lithium batteries which need alternatives. Plus they will still need electricity and it wont help if the electricity is based on coal. Nuclear is the inevitable future.

Edited by ravishingravi

Human being are generally not good exponential projection. Incremental yes. But growth by a factor of 2 / 3, they can't fathom. That will be Gujarat in 6 years. The development of gift city has insane potential. 

Edited by ravishingravi

All here to BJP ruled states

52 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

All here to BJP ruled states

as it should be- i normally would be balanced in this but the way its going then any anti India state party ruled state should get the bare minimum- if their voters make their choice and actively select anti India politicians then they need to suffer

22 hours ago, Chaos said:

Send a few more to hyderabad and outskirts of gacchobowli modi

Manufacturing will not come to Hyderabad they will mostly go to states with ports. Because of exports. 

22 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

as it should be- i normally would be balanced in this but the way its going then any anti India state party ruled state should get the bare minimum- if their voters make their choice and actively select anti India politicians then they need to suffer

But there are other states like orrisa, AP, MH. At least they can get these projects ? 

10 minutes ago, gattaca said:

But there are other states like orrisa, AP, MH. At least they can get these projects ? 

Awarded to Tatas, they prefer to work with those governments that they have dealt with earlier. CG is Chennai based, don’t know why they didn’t choose Chennai.