1st Test Nagpur, February 09 - 13, 2023, Australia tour of India - PREMATCH

SRT100

From their talks and preparation they are doing, Aussies seem really inspired to win it this time. Don't they ?

A lot of teams in the past gave up before the India tour began. I guess their win in Pakistan, drawing in SL and then steamrolling teams in their backyard has given them great confidence and the way we played in Bangladesh they see a real chance. 

11 minutes ago, Number said:

From their talks and preparation they are doing, Aussies seem really inspired to win it this time. Don't they ?

A lot of teams in the past gave up before the India tour began. I guess their win in Pakistan, drawing in SL and then steamrolling teams in their backyard has given them great confidence and the way we played in Bangladesh they see a real chance. 

It's all fun and games. I mean we are missing 4 key players. Still to beat India in India is a mammoth task. Only a truly special special team can do it. Australia is special ans we are under strength. They do have a chance to draw imo but not win. I still think we should win 2-1. 

12 minutes ago, speedracer said:

It's all fun and games. I mean we are missing 4 key players. Still to beat India in India is a mammoth task. Only a truly special special team can do it. Australia is special ans we are under strength. They do have a chance to draw imo but not win. I still think we should win 2-1. 

we missed more players when we won in Australia. I still expect a series win because we have 3 good spinners all healthy. 

The only thing that'd derail our potential win is the top order - in 2017 they severally underperformed with KL being the standout & Pujara chipping in 2-3 innings & Rahane in 2-3 more. Basically it was KL or bust & Jadeja/Ashwin(?) also did good with the bat. If the top order plays the way they can we should easily win this, remember when the ball is new it's always (relatively) easy in India this is why Sehwag was such a beast! When there's little to no turn & no reverse we should be looking to score as many as possible, relying on the LO to bail us 9/10 times is a recipe for disaster :whack2:

Even with Jadeja in the side the chumps at the top should not relax - you win tests by scoring more runs, we saw how lack of top order runs hurt us in SA, Eng, NZ over the past decade or so. At least at home these Mfers should earn their pay :hitler:

Edited by R!TTER
1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

The only thing that'd derail our potential win is the top order - in 2017 they severally underperformed with KL being the standout & Pujara chipping in 2-3 innings & Rahane in 2-3 more. Basically it was KL or bust & Jadeja/Ashwin(?) also did good with the bat. If the top order plays the way they can we should easily win this, remember when the ball is new it's always (relatively) easy in India this is why Sehwag was such a beast! When there's little to no turn & no reverse we should be looking to score as many as possible, relying on the LO to bail us 9/10 times is a recipe for disaster :whack2:

Even with Jadeja in the side the chumps at the top should not relax - you win tests by scoring more runs, we saw how lack of top order runs hurt us in SA, Eng, NZ over the past decade or so. At least at home these Mfers should earn their pay :hitler:

Pujara won't be disappointed with his first 10 runs in 95 balls.  

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

If Srilanka gets blanked they are out of the race regardless of this series result i think.

Sri Lanka can upset kiwis. Hopefully they smash kiwis and we beat Oz. Then hopefully without the choking services of kuli rohit and gumrah we should be able to smash them in the final.

4 minutes ago, speedracer said:

Sri Lanka can upset kiwis. Hopefully they smash kiwis and we beat Oz. Then hopefully without the choking services of kuli rohit and gumrah we should be able to smash them in the final.

It will be a travesty if SL ends up in the final.  England or India will be the one who can do well in the final.

3 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

It would be a massive tragedy if Gill is dropped in favor of Surya Kumar, he's in the form of his life till now & no reason why he shouldn't be persisted with!

won't be .

They don't try new players unless absolute emergency

5 hours ago, R!TTER said:

most of the Tests we have lost last 5-6 years is due to top order.

Yes, the tough series are mostly won due to the LO of Ashwin/Jadeja then Pujara followed by Kohli & the one series in which KL shone above all. 2015 vs SA the LO made the biggest difference in the first 3 tests, 2016 vs NZ was also in large parts due to our bowling & LO, 2016 vs ENG Kohli was a beast with Jadeja/jayant Yadav performing brilliantly & finally 2017 Oz with KL/Jadeja being batting MVP. I haven't counted the 2021 series vs Eng because we weren't fielding our full strength side & IMO that was the main reason why we lost in the first test, NZ in 2021 was similar in that sense with some key players missing!

Edited by R!TTER