How is Pathaan?

kepler37b

On 1/27/2023 at 10:55 AM, Gollum said:

SRK tried this stunt in Main Hoon Na where it was an Indian army officer who was sabotaging India-Pak peace process. Chalo at least ISI, PakMil didn't do the saving in that garbage movie. Here all limits have been crossed. 

It's 5th generation ghazwa e hind, conquering dhimmis by being the good cops.

IMO there are two things which has caused Pathaan to have these BO collections atleast for the first 5 days..

1. Gap of 4 years of SRK and his return hype and his star power as a lead plus Salman's Cameo.

2. Needless and pointless controversy by Boycott gang over the orange bikini to give the film more publicity than it needed.

I believe if VHP and BD etc had just not said anything, the true criticisms of the film, bland storyline, bad VFX etc would have been very obvious in the word of mouths and the film would have done average collections after the 3rd day. I also am doubting the collections purely due to a lot of areas on Bookmyshow even on the weekends did not have sold out shows and were mostly green. So where are these collections coming from? I am inclined to think that the domestic numbers have been fudged by YRF to ensure the hype. This was done for Brahmastra and is being done for Pathaan too. The drop from 55 cr on Sunday to 25cr on Monday was very obvious and expected. Lets see if the collections continue to drop as the week progresses

50 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

IMO there are two things which has caused Pathaan to have these BO collections atleast for the first 5 days..

1. Gap of 4 years of SRK and his return hype and his star power as a lead plus Salman's Cameo.

2. Needless and pointless controversy by Boycott gang over the orange bikini to give the film more publicity than it needed.

I believe if VHP and BD etc had just not said anything, the true criticisms of the film, bland storyline, bad VFX etc would have been very obvious in the word of mouths and the film would have done average collections after the 3rd day. I also am doubting the collections purely due to a lot of areas on Bookmyshow even on the weekends did not have sold out shows and were mostly green. So where are these collections coming from? I am inclined to think that the domestic numbers have been fudged by YRF to ensure the hype. This was done for Brahmastra and is being done for Pathaan too. The drop from 55 cr on Sunday to 25cr on Monday was very obvious and expected. Lets see if the collections continue to drop as the week progresses

I am seeing unreal hype on SM for Pathan this was not the case with Brahmastra. 

If Indian audience can buy a manchild's fantasy in KGF 2 then Pathan's booming success is no surprise. 

SRK himself was hyping up Pathan non stop on Twitter with his multiple Ask SRK's...  And then Boycott gang went on a self destruction mode & ended up hyping up the movie a lot more as u said. 

And then Bhoi's cameo is also being hyped by his set of fans. 

John Abraham who has actually carried the movie is left for gotten by Bhoi's cameo. 

1 hour ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Saw Pathaan with wife.

Pretty entertaining flick for a strictly one time watch. And the movie doesn't take it too seriously.

This is the type of film, if you are going to see it, you need to see it in the theatres. Just not the same watching on TV or laptop.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/web-series/we-are-too-obsessed-with-collections-as-opposed-to-content-abhishek-bachchan-8249576/

“There is a huge appetite for Indian story telling. Good content will always work no matter the medium… Fortunately, digital platforms do not put out numbers. It keeps the focus on content. We have become far too obsessed about collections and money as opposed to the content,” Bachchan said at an event.

Aptly put by Abhishek.. going by the hundreds of the YouTube channels dedicated to reporting BO collections, everyone is obsessed with the numbers as opposed to the content of the film.. that's what YRF has done.. focus was on making collections as opposed to working on the story and screenplay of the film to make it airtight

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I am seeing unreal hype on SM for Pathan this was not the case with Brahmastra. 

If Indian audience can buy a manchild's fantasy in KGF 2 then Pathan's booming success is no surprise. 

SRK himself was hyping up Pathan non stop on Twitter with his multiple Ask SRK's...  And then Boycott gang went on a self destruction mode & ended up hyping up the movie a lot more as u said. 

And then Bhoi's cameo is also being hyped by his set of fans. 

John Abraham who has actually carried the movie is left for gotten by Bhoi's cameo. 

KGF/KGF2 had an entirely novel world around a gold mine and the action sequences were original.  And the placement of songs did not impact the flow of the story. 

Pathaan, from trailers, looked like a inferior product. Of course, if i see the movie my opinion might be different. But I would say my Rs.1000 are spent well somewhere else.

22 hours ago, kepler37b said:

KGF/KGF2 had an entirely novel world around a gold mine and the action sequences were original.  And the placement of songs did not impact the flow of the story. 

Pathaan, from trailers, looked like a inferior product. Of course, if i see the movie my opinion might be different. But I would say my Rs.1000 are spent well somewhere else.

I think the comparison to KGF is fair.

I know you are going to seethe at my next comment, but nonetheless:

KGF/ RRR/ Pathaan are similar over the top movies. If you like one, you should like the others too. Basically a poorly plotted out script, premises of varying credibility propped by catchy music and star power.

If you like one and look down on the other two, its basically coz of your general predisposition to a certain brand of Indian cinema.

Case in point: me :embaressed_smile:. Wasn't particularly thrilled by RRR . I liked Pathaan a lot more. But that is only coz it has SRK. I wouldn't have liked Pathaan as much if say, an Aamir Khan or Tiger Shroff played the lead role. 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

KGF/ RRR/ Pathaan are similar over the top movies. If you like one, you should like the others too. Basically a poorly plotted out script, premises of varying credibility propped by catchy music and star power.

If you like one and look down on the other two, its basically coz of your general predisposition to a certain brand of Indian cinema.

Case in point: me :embaressed_smile:. Wasn't particularly thrilled by RRR . I liked Pathaan a lot more. But that is only coz it has SRK. I wouldn't have liked Pathaan as much if say, an Aamir Khan or Tiger Shroff played the lead role. 

No way.

The variety in tastes is what makes interactions so interesting.

Still, RRR Lords over Pathaan for me. 

I am not SRK person at all. I havent watched him since 2009 in theaters. I am totally against this boycott bollywood crap. Let people watch whatever they like. I personally have been boycotting BW for almost a decade now. Unless there is a substance and good content, I aint spending money after these crap movies.

But having said that, it is good to see a bollywood movie doing great at the BO. 

2 hours ago, dial_100 said:

I am not SRK person at all. I havent watched him since 2009 in theaters. I am totally against this boycott bollywood crap. Let people watch whatever they like. I personally have been boycotting BW for almost a decade now. Unless there is a substance and good content, I aint spending money after these crap movies.

But having said that, it is good to see a bollywood movie doing great at the BO. 

Its fake numbers.. the drastic drop this week during the weekdays is a clear sign that YRF has been fudging the BO numbers in india atleast taking a leaf out of Karan Johar after Brahmastra... hundreds of crores have been spent to pay off analysts, youtubers. tickets bought themselves to distribute it for free. Dont forget SRK net worth is $700milion... YRF probs more.. they have money to throw at it to save face

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Some weeks back, the wife and I tried watching KGF: Chapter 1 at home on Netflix. 65 Inch TV, home theatre etc.

Couldn't watch past the first 15 minutes. The bad dialogue and over-the-top action made my head spin.

The same would have happened to Pathaan had we watched it at home.

These are the types of movies you have to see in the theatres.

At the theatre, behind us, there was a row of ladies who were going "ooooh" and "aaaaah" every time SRK went shirtless. And in front of us, there were others who were wolf whistling every time Salman Khan made his cameo.

All in all, a pretty fun outing.

7 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Some weeks back, the wife and I tried watching KGF: Chapter 1 at home on Netflix. 65 Inch TV, home theatre etc.

Couldn't watch past the first 15 minutes. The bad dialogue and over-the-top action made my head spin.

The same would have happened to Pathaan had we watched it at home.

These are the types of movies you have to see in the theatres.

At the theatre, behind us, there was a row of ladies who were going "ooooh" and "aaaaah" every time SRK went shirtless. And in front of us, there were others who were wolf whistling every time Salman Khan made his cameo.

All in all, a pretty fun outing.

Same.. i haven't seen KGF or KGF 2... the first 10 mins of KGF was so random and fast pace going from one location to the other every second and there was no flow. That put me off watching it. I have yet to see RRR as well.

16 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Welcome back.

11 hours ago, dial_100 said:

Even I have stopped going to theatres, more or less. Last 12 months I saw only Top Gun Maverick and Avatar II in theatres...wish  I had also watched RRR that way.

For most content these days, even phone is sufficient IMO.

Next trips for big screen experience will be John Wick 4 and the next MI installment. Out of all big stars only Tom Cruise can draw me to theatres I guess. 

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Even I have stopped going to theatres, more or less. Last 12 months I saw only Top Gun Maverick and Avatar II in theatres...wish  I had also watched RRR that way.

For most content these days, even phone is sufficient IMO.

Next trips for big screen experience will be John Wick 4 and the next MI installment. Out of all big stars only Tom Cruise can draw me to theatres I guess. 

Watch Pathaan for the lulz.

Its difficult to keep track of whats happening. 

One scene is in Dubai. Cut to Paris. Cut to Moscow. Cut to Spain.

Even if he didn't save India, Pathaan surely accumulated enough air miles for a free trip to Hawaii.