Javed Akhtar's surgical strike on Pakistan

Lone Wolf

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ask Sidhu. He says he is more relatable to Pakjabi than a Madrasi as he has nothing in common - no common culture, language, cuisine

People from border regions do share some traits with each other, that's true everywhere whether it's West Bengal/Tripura to Bangladesh, Sikkim to Bhutan or parts of Bihar/UP with Nepal.
Even Tamilians and Tamil Srilankans has similarity in culture, language and cuisine.

But ofcourse, Sidhu is an idiot as he conveniently missed one important thing which he don't share with Pakjabi's...his nation (which is his identity)

Edited by singhvivek141

15 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

What does he gains by fooling the Hindus??  He does not belongs to a political party.  Did PM Modi's surprise visit to Lahore was also a tactic to fool Hindus?  Wasn't that all part of Aman ki Sasha tamasha?  Did that fool anyone considering Pathankot terror attack happened within a week after that crap show?

Hindus actually need to applaud these acts as Pakistan's hypocrisy towards terrorism gets exposed.  An Artist's words carry more meaning & weight these days than the ones said by netas or journos. 

In the full video the anchor/host  realizing that Javed Saab was in mood to take this further conveniently changed the topic.  Even they know the impact his words could have.

Ye kya sab jagah Modi Modi karta hain? He’s a politician. JA is a mango person celebrity. More than his Pakistani views, he’s is a selectivist ( selectively pick what to do activism about) . एExhibit no 23677 He was miffed that only  MCD corporator Tahir Hussain was arrested for engineering the Delhi riots in 2020

There are communities in India where Hindus are not allowed to buy houses. Parsis, Gujjus, Marwaris, etc, have their own community Appt complexes . but Kagaz ki baat door hain, ye couple victim card hamesha pehle dikhate hain.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:53 PM, randomGuy said:

The guy isn't worthy of my typing ...

I suggest you YouTube 'jaipur dialogues Javed akhtar' they have made a few videos exposing him...

I think he criticised Pakistan to get good press in India and to fool the Hindus.

I speed read through the first few articles on the " jaipur dialogues javed akhtar" google search. Didn't watch the vids.

Common thread in all of those articles is that there is a lot of conjecture. No links/sources. 

And NO mention of the fact that Javed Akhtar and his wife Shabana have been at the forefront of the case against the TTT from the 80s, much before the BJP was even a major political force. They've had death threats from whacko Islamists and lived under police protection for a while.

To accuse JA of taqiyya does disservice to his actual role in attempting to change regressive norms in Indian Muslim society. He has been a vociferous critic of the AIMPLB forever. Give him credit where due.

He criticized Pak in Pak. That's taqiyya. If he didn't then he's not speaking up against his coreligionists. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't? 

Also, lets give the common Indian some respect. I don't buy into this whole " fool the Hindus" business. Are Hindus that gullible that they are constantly fooled by a lyricist who is fast losing relevance in a Hinglish driven film industry? Come on. Our people, irrespective despite of religion, are quite street smart. At the risk of generalizing, I'd say we are far more street smart than the average person I've come across in the West/ Japan.

19 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Been to many Kannada and Hindi Kavi-sammelanas. Why?

I am not surprised that his songs were songs, just noting that they have a lot in common. Not that anything is wrong

I don't think its about any cultural convergence in this case.

These are just famous dialogues. Everyone who is a fan of Bollywood knows them.

EVERYONE in my fam knows the lines to the song. My dad. My mom. My grandparents. My siblings. My pet. My husband. The last two are distinct entities.

And I'm born nearly a decade after Silsila released.

Majboor yeh halaat idhar bhi hai, udhar bhi
Tanhai ke ek raat idhar bhi hai, udhar bhi
Kahne ko bahut kuchh hai
Magar kis se kahein hum
Kab tak yoon hi khamosh rahein aur sahein hum
Dil kehta hai duniya ki har ek rasm utha dein
Deewar jo hum dono mein hai aaj gira dein
Kyon dil mein sulagte rahein logon ko bata dein
Haan humko mohabbat hai, mohabbat hai, mohabbat hai
Ab dil mein yehi baat idhar bhi hai, udhar bhi

These were filmed on Bachchan and Rekha when they were a thing. Made it all the more memorable.

Asked you about Mushairas only coz Mushairas tend to have a theme and then people recite poetry of the said guests relevant to that theme and then present their own pieces. Given that both Faiz and JA are/were leftists,and they had a lot of pro poor/ pro revolution/ humanistic poetry ( As did Kaifi Asmi), its not difficult to imagine that the event would steer towards their work on peace and humanity.

Must there be an ulterior motive in everything?

I think Akhtar said two very important things.

1. Hindu hate is so much ingrained among Pakistani society and government that uneducated ones will do 26/11, Govmnt will encourage and reward them, while even supposedly educated Aman ki Aasha type Pakistanis will draw falls equivalence by inviting Akhtar Saahab but ensuring Lata ji is never invited.

2. While his second statement is equally true for Pakistan and India but I think it was more geared towards India and Indian to accept Pakistanis even if they change their path now as its not just country, but development happens for whole region be it Latin America or Africa or Europe or middleast. I don’t necessarily disagree with his second point Some may say that there are exceptions like North korea, Cuba

Edited by mishra

15 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I speed read through the first few articles on the " jaipur dialogues javed akhtar" google search. Didn't watch the vids.

Common thread in all of those articles is that there is a lot of conjecture. No links/sources. 

And NO mention of the fact that Javed Akhtar and his wife Shabana have been at the forefront of the case against the TTT from the 80s, much before the BJP was even a major political force. They've had death threats from whacko Islamists and lived under police protection for a while.

To accuse JA of taqiyya does disservice to his actual role in attempting to change regressive norms in Indian Muslim society. He has been a vociferous critic of the AIMPLB forever. Give him credit where due.

He criticized Pak in Pak. That's taqiyya. If he didn't then he's not speaking up against his coreligionists. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't? 

Also, lets give the common Indian some respect. I don't buy into this whole " fool the Hindus" business. Are Hindus that gullible that they are constantly fooled by a lyricist who is fast losing relevance in a Hinglish driven film industry? Come on. Our people, irrespective despite of religion, are quite street smart. At the risk of generalizing, I'd say we are far more street smart than the average person I've come across in the West/ Japan.

To me, Javed Akhtar is a fraud out there to befool Hindus. True reformist Indian Muslims are Arif Muhammad Khan , one muslim guy who comes in tie in tv debates(can't remember his name)(EDIT: Rizwan Ahmed) if he is made PM candidate I will vote for him, and even ex-muslims like sahil.

On this episode, Dixit exposes Javed akhtar, his relatives, his past, his motives

I remember His son Farhan Akhtar commenting all offended against nupur sharma saying that she is apologising without meaning it and it won't repair the sentiment...led to murder of so many Hindus in sar tan se juda..i am not saying he was solely responsible but these things matter.

Edited by randomGuy

@randomGuy

The video is incoherent in its messaging. If anything it just reaffirms that Pakistani society is bigoted in its view of India. Which may more or less be true.

NOTHING to suggest that Javed Akhtar is fooling Hindus. Or anyone, for that matter.

All I suggest, is read poetry written by Javed Akhtar. And I mean poetry. Not filmi lyrics/dialogues.

If anything he is critical of certain Islamic practices. 

From a poem titled Duniya ya Deen

Jo baat kehte dartein hai sab, tu woh baat likh

Itni andheri thi pehle raat likh

Jisne kaseedein likhe the, woh pheink de kalam

Phir khoon e dil se sache kalam ki khifaat likh

Jo roznamon mein katai pati nahi jagah

Jo roz har jagah ki hai, woh vardaat likh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write, what people cower from writing about

Write, how dark the nights were ( alluding to the past)

Throw away those pens which wrote about praises ( A Kaseeda is a poem that praises, generally sufi saints or the almighty)

Write, the truth that your heart spews through its experiences.

Those places not covered in legal journals  ( Here roznama alludes to the book which lists your daily to do list. I needn't further elucidate) 

Write, about, all those places, all those incidents.

@diga

Edited by Mariyam
Diga's suggestion

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@randomGuy

The video is incoherent in its messaging. If anything it just reaffirms that Pakistani society is bigoted in its view of India. Which may more or less be true.

NOTHING to suggest that Javed Akhtar is fooling Hindus. Or anyone, for that matter.

All I suggest, is read poetry written by Javed Akhtar. And I mean poetry. Not filmi lyrics/dialogues.

If anything he is critical of certain Islamic practices. 

From a poem titled Duniya ya Deen

Jo baat kehte dartein hai sab, tu woh baat likh

Itni andheri thi pehle raat likh

Jisne kaseedein likhe the, woh pheink de kalam

Phir khoon e dil se sache kalam ki khifaat likh

Jo roznamon mein katai pati nahi jagah

Jo roz har jagah ki hai, woh vardaat likh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write, what people cower from writing about

Write, how dark the nights were ( alluding to the past)

Throw away those pens which wrote about praises ( A Kaseeda is a poem that praises, generally sufi saints or the almighty)

Write, the truth that your heart spews through its experiences.

Those places not covered in legal journals  ( Here roznama alludes to the book which lists your daily to do list. I needn't further elucidate) 

Write, about, all those places, all those incidents.

@diga

Thanks.. from the translation I fail to see how it critics the Islamic practices. Its generic and can be applicable to any topic.

PS: probably I am not aware of the context in which it was written... so I fail to see the association

Edited by diga

20 minutes ago, diga said:

Thanks.. from the translation I fail to see how it critics the Islamic practices. Its generic and can be applicable to any topic.

PS: probably I am not aware of the context in which it was written... so I fail to see the association

That's the point of poetry...  He is not writing a lecture to eradicate evils of Islam.  Tarek Fateh does that... 

Jiska kaam usi ko saaje. 

On 2/22/2023 at 1:00 AM, Lone Wolf said:

Man went to Lahore & did this. This is called Keh ke lena. 

What is this bs Javed Sahab, Guljaar Sahab, Bade Gulam Ali Sahab, Chote Gulam Ali Sahab  and then holding one's ears before taking their names.

31 minutes ago, raki05 said:

What is this bs Javed Sahab, Guljaar Sahab, Bade Gulam Ali Sahab, Chote Gulam Ali Sahab  and then holding one's ears before taking their names.

Sahab is perhaps mixture of modern day Hindu Urdu Farsi...  Given to a noble man or a man higher in intellect or position. 

IAS Babudom  is totally based on Saheb concept. 

On 2/24/2023 at 8:11 AM, randomGuy said:

I remember His son Farhan Akhtar commenting all offended against nupur sharma saying that she is apologising without meaning it and it won't repair the sentiment...led to murder of so many Hindus in sar tan se juda..i am not saying he was solely responsible but these things matter.

Nupur Sharma gave a half assed apology a very long time after her comments and the resultant chaos. It was clear that she was forced to apologise. 

On 3/1/2023 at 4:06 PM, Lone Wolf said:

That's the point of poetry...  He is not writing a lecture to eradicate evils of Islam.  Tarek Fateh does that... 

Jiska kaam usi ko saaje. 

I did not say about Javed Akthar and it was about Mariyams comment