BJP will lose Karnataka next month

cowboysfan

Karnataka is the most BJP friendly state in the South and they mucked it up royally. 

It is an extremely corrupt, incompetent government and it has become increasingly problematic with the hijab controversy and the call to boycott muslim traders etc. 

There was a Lokayukta report which showed the corruption in Bangalore (40 % commission Sarkar Raj)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thenewsminute.com/article/how-kickback-bengaluru-road-contracts-work-step-step-guide-168358%3famp

Not sure about them not winning but I dont think it will be easy for them.  Bangalore South constituencies maybe simply because of the demographics but elsewhere I see Congress maybe winning. 

Not sure about losing, but most opinion polls show a hung assembly like in 2018. So another Maitri sarkara and then operation Kamala.

BJP just had less than 3 years, they got 16 from Congress and JDS and all were made ministers, explaining all yhe corruption. There is a lot anti-incumbency. But the mood for Congress is not all hunky dory. Sidda and DKS infighting can cause self-goals and JDS with 30 votes will play spoilsport 

36 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Not sure about losing, but most opinion polls show a hung assembly like in 2018. So another Maitri sarkara and then operation Kamala.

BJP just had less than 3 years, they got 16 from Congress and JDS and all were made ministers, explaining all yhe corruption. There is a lot anti-incumbency. But the mood for Congress is not all hunky dory. Sidda and DKS infighting can cause self-goals and JDS with 30 votes will play spoilsport 

hmm.not sure JDS will get 30 seats.they have even less to offer than both Congress and BJP.

7 hours ago, bharathh said:

I agree. Unfortunately, the BJP doesn't shine as a beacon of good governance at tue state level. Nota from me this time

Reason I would vote for bjp over congress even at state level even if it didn't give good governance

1. No Muslim appeasement

2. Policing with BJP means that police will not do nothing during rioting like in Bihar and WB recently.

3. State assemblies have vote in electing rajya sabha MPs where again BJP-majority will be needed to eradicate law like article 370. Bring in uniform civil code etc.

4. Muslims vote en masse to defeat bjp I suppose, only Hindus vote on caste, governance, vote NOTA (Big LoL) etc.

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

First let's see how many vote. Karnataka folks esp Bengaluru are too busy sometimes enjoying the famous weather. 

Repeat after me... Bengaluru is not Karnataka :p:

Edited by diga

The last 2 state elections, voter turnout has been over 70 %. We were lazy voters in the nineties and noughties. I'm glad that has changed.

Also, interestingly , the Congress still had a higher vote share than BJP even in the last election. 

In fact their vote share has increased steadily over the last couple of Assembly elections . It's the Independents that have reduced and the BJP managed to get the Lingayat vote back in 2018 with the reintegration of Yedyurappa. 

Certainly not a case of Congress being decimated . 

On 4/4/2023 at 8:39 PM, coffee_rules said:

Has 12.5% of total seats and more if you include chilkkaballpur etc. one of the biggest areas. BJP has to do more here to compensate for 0 presence in OMR

Know that.. just that I was replying to the posters assertion that BLR folks enjoying the weather constitute only 15% population vs the 85% in other parts of Karnataka toiling away :rolleyes:

Maybe OP can edit the title of the thread to "Karnataka elections " if he is amenable to it

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Actor Sudeep supporting CM. BS Bommai is a good turn for BJP. Big star and his Valmiki community will help some support. Congress was vying to get his support 

and Mr. Prakash Raj is busy criticising Sudeep's decision.  Thought the point of democracy is to make his/her choice