Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

To beat Aus outside Ind, Ind has banked on exceptional performances from Pujara. Pant, another clutch performer, is unavailable. When these guys were in top form, it was like playing with an additional batsman.  

6 hours ago, zen said:

To beat Aus outside Ind, Ind has banked on exceptional performances from Pujara. Pant, another clutch performer, is unavailable. When these guys were in top form, it was like playing with an additional batsman.  

And a world class bowling attack bumrah siraj / shami and ishant. Now 2 of them are gone. 

Time to unleash rana. 

Australia have way better batsmen than us. Much better barring pant and perhaps Sundar if he gets fit. Rest all are trash, washed up has beens.

Also jaiswal should be starting. Oh i forgot Gill. 

So no pant now and most likely no jaiswal or Sundar

We have one good batsman in Gill but he is still limited in swing conditions due to limited experience. So yea we are stuffed.

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

And a world class bowling attack bumrah siraj / shami and ishant. Now 2 of them are gone. 

Time to unleash rana. 

Australian pitches are different. Ball is different. In Australia they roll out flat decks where ball hardly moves. Most of the Indians have pretty good record in Australia. Not the same in other SENA countries.

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Australian pitches are different. Ball is different. In Australia they roll out flat decks where ball hardly moves. Most of the Indians have pretty good record in Australia. Not the same in other SENA countries.

In SA too we bowl well. In England and nz we need swing bowlers. Bhoobi bhaya is weak. 

29 minutes ago, Lord said:

If its a greentop/overcast,not worst option as 4th pacer. Definitely better than Thakur and brings left arm angle

Agreed. Unda is not a bad bowler and can somewhat bat/slog.

I think he surprises the Aussies if he plays. Only as a number 8 though. Let me make that clear. 

I expect siraj shamu to play. Ideally rana should be there. Kid is ready. 

4 hours ago, AKane said:

Not as well as them as we have never won a series in SA - ever. 

Thats cause of our **** as batting. Not bowling. Bowling has been amazing even there. 

Bowling has done extremely well in England too. Our pussy batsmen just can't bat anywhere.  

Anyway to me we already lost to Australia in the last series. Joke selections etc just left a sour taste in my mouth. So over it. 

We are going to get hammered by Oz in the final with the crap batting selections we will make. 

Edited by Jay

Look at the trash calibre batsmen we have

Coolie average 26 in the last 3 years

Ghujara 29

Rahane somehow came back 26 in the last 3 years. 

Then rohit who has been good but now looks fatter than a blue whale that's been overfed. So he is going to struggle with fitness issued. In ipl he was getting worked by mediocre bowlers like haq etc.

Who else we got? Rahul is basically a corpse

We have so many gems waiting. Unleash them or perish. We will stick with yexperiaaance and get flogged again.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Last time bowling too..  Batting was pathetic as ever.  But should have won at least in Newlands that Pant inns didn't deserve a defeat

Cause siraj got injured. Bowling had less support. So it makes sense. Umesh was trash there and just released pressure. Was screaming for prasidh to debut there. *ing dumb numbskull idiots in bcci. 

if i was the chairman of Selectors i would have played 

• Shammi
  • Siraj 
  • Umran 
  • Kuldeep Sen  Or Shardul Thakur ( depending on the Pitch conditions ,if the Pitch and environment is favoring Swing , i would have picked Shradul andif it was a bit of a batsman oriented pitch , i would have played Kuldeep as he has capability to bowl some JAFFA's)
  • Jaddu 

Umesh is Good as a third Pacer but he is HOT or COLD - not sure whether the fast furious accurate Umesh will play or the one who is erratic.

Shardul fits in as 4th Pacer and All rounder perfectly and i agree Jaydev unadkat can also bat now and so will give dravid some headache to choose.

it could even be siraj/shammi/jaydev and Shardul and Umesh is benched. jaddu will definitely Play.

50 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

• Shammi
  • Siraj 
  • Umran 
  • Kuldeep Sen  Or Shardul Thakur ( depending on the Pitch conditions ,if the Pitch and environment is favoring Swing , i would have picked Shradul andif it was a bit of a batsman oriented pitch , i would have played Kuldeep as he has capability to bowl some JAFFA's)
  • Jaddu 

Umesh is Good as a third Pacer but he is HOT or COLD - not sure whether the fast furious accurate Umesh will play or the one who is erratic.

Shardul fits in as 4th Pacer and All rounder perfectly and i agree Jaydev unadkat can also bat now and so will give dravid some headache to choose.

it could even be siraj/shammi/jaydev and Shardul and Umesh is benched. jaddu will definitely Play.

Brother bowling will be good. We will be good even without bumrah and prasidh. Problem is shambling batting. 

Our poor selections for batting will 100% cost us.

Let's just hope the old dogs have one last bit of fight in them. 

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

• Shammi
  • Siraj 
  • Umran 
  • Jaddu 

I would probably go with Harshit based out of current form. A full pace attack of Shami, Siraj, Harshit and Sen will cover all bases (pace, bounce, swing, seam, accuracy).

One thing with kinda goes in favour of Umesh is that he is the best batter and fielder amongst all the Pacers...Shami and probably Harshit can hang around...Sen and Siraj are complete duds with bat.

Shardul or Jaydev as 3rd pacer is a big big question mark...they can come as 4th pacer but not as 3rd.