Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Tell me when was the last time our spinners did anything in England. They struggled even in peak summer of August. You are talking about early June. Lastly, use common sense instead of so called experts. Soil doesn't get warm untill temperature stays above 25 degrees for sometime. 

Spinners are **** in England and nz.

Can be good in aus and in some paces of SA. 

Unless you are a Murali or a real turner maybe like kuldeep, you want do well in England and nz. 

Their doctored pitches. Yes doctored pitches do not cater for spin. Sorry. Not unless you are a wristie. Well kuldeep could. 

Gems by Dravid sir:

It's certainly nice to be able to win an ICC tournament. But also in the context of things, you look at this and you see this is the culmination of two years of work, it's a culmination of a lot of success that gets you here.

So there's a lot of positives to take from that to see where you stand on the table, winning series in Australia, drawing series here, being very competitive everywhere that this team has played in the world over the last five or six years.

Those are things that will never change just because you have or you don't have an ICC trophy. That's really the bigger picture. 

I'm not sure one match is going to change things drastically.

:popcorn:

The weasel Dravid talking about 2 years of work. Winning the series in Aus? That happened in previous WTC cycle and under a different coach lmao. Same with the 2 wins in England....Ravi Shastri was the coach back then. 

All we have seen under this chwtiya is humiliation...in RSA, in the Oval test last year, T20 WC, heck we almost lost a test in Bangladesh under this mofo. Had to rely on dodgy home pitches to get some important wins. 

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

3 quicks are usually enough on any pitch. If you are going play a fourth quick, he'll usually be tasked with bowling dry - that's a job that jadeja can do as well. 

AUS have a few left handers who might be vulnerable to Ashwin on a pitch that provides bounce. So yeah, inclined toward a 3-2 combo or rather a 3-1 combo because Jaddu is a batting AR here.

Maybe but conditions aren't conducive to spin though. Think it's a risk. Rather go with unda at 8 or thakur ji. 

Dravid again talking like  a loser.I can understand if captain says there is no pressure but coach should be saying we welcome the pressure and yes India has not won ICC trophy since 2013.

Instead this fellow is taking credit for what team did under Ravi Shastri forgetting the facts under him India lost a golden chance of winning the series both in SA and England.

Edited by putrevus
22 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

TBH..there is no excitement this time for me. I'm more looking forward to the Ashes and the Bazball. 

Because this Indian side without Pant is way too predictable. Only thing is we raise our game against Australia opposite what we do against NZ. We bring our level down against them. 

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Dravid again talking like  a loser.I can understand if captain says there is no pressure but coach should be saying we welcome the pressure and yes India has not won ICC trophy since 2013.

Instead this fellow is taking credit for what team did under Ravi Shastri forgetting the facts under him India lost a golden chance of winning the series both in SA and England.

Almost lost Bangladesh Test. Unable to whitewash NZ.  He meddled a lot with pitch preparation. He did that even in Bangladesh.

Bowling averages of bowlers from both sides. Clearly, Australian bowling is significantly superior given the conditions.  Batting is also superior formwise. 

India

Siraj 31.29

Shami 27.48

Umesh 30.54

Thakur 24.44

Axar  17.16

Ashwin 23.93

Jadeja 24.22

Australia

Lyon 26.97

Cummins 21.22

Starc 27.27

Boland 13.42

Green 29.17

Dravid knows India is up against it...  We won by preparing Dustbowls against Aussies & when they finally had a hold of our spinners they prepared a barring paradise to secure Final. 

Talent & skill level of both sides is not comparable. 

They have someone like Travis Head who will bash the older Dukes ball in T20 mode & is a super talented strokemaker. 

We are relying on Gill & a bunch of washed up oldies. 

30 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Because this Indian side without Pant is way too predictable. Only thing is we raise our game against Australia opposite what we do against NZ. We bring our level down against them. 

100% we don't ever take nz seriously. I highly doubt we can't beat them in nz. We can. We just don't prep well.