Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

7 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

As of today, the likeliest XI we will see?

Sharma

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane   Axar

Ashwin

Bharat

Jadeja

Thakur  Unadkat

Shami

Siraj

Edited by AKane
33 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

As of today, the likeliest XI we will see?

Sharma

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Ashwin

Bharat

Jadeja

Thakur

Shami

Siraj

this might be our best option.playing both Ash and Jaddu might be ok at the Oval and we definitely need their batting.

1 hour ago, AKane said:

Michael Neser bowling to Pujara in County match a few days back  - now admittedly this is not the same class as the exhilarating IPL..... so its kind of boring.

LOL

an international level bowler comes on and man gets out for a duck.. this is his aukaat. His runs have been piled up against Div 2 dibbly dobblers, He was chosen in last WTC final too due to County practice.. he still shitt his pants when it came to it

18 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kishan is quite fit...  His ground fielding is in a completely different universe compared to Pant.  

Bharat looks like a average keeper from whatever I saw in India.  Pant even in his rookie days wasn't this bad. 

Plus his batting technique is dodgy with that front pad coming ahead of his bat.  Prime LBW/Bowled candidate. 

Kishan is loose but I am not expecting much of a swing in Oval...  It will be more hit the deck stuff..  And Kishan loves that sorta bowling as he has destroyed Nortje in the past. 

It's early June. There will be swing

Just wanted to let everyone know, it has been sunny in London for past 2 weeks and no rain forecast for at-least for next 10 days. Though its tough to predict English weather but with temperature constantly around 15-18 degrees avg. for so many days, one can expect spinners to play a part in Oval. Mind you it is Northern hemisphere, so the 18 degrees sun is more intense compare to a 18 degree in India for example.

I would play both Ashwin and Jadeja. Chances are this game will have no weather interruptions.

8 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Will Axar be part of XI? I doubt so. Actually Axar is the reason why we are playing the final in first place. 

All three Ashwin, Axar and Jadeja need to be in the XI. 

Compared to the last WTC, India has at least one advantage. Bumrah is not playing......

Edited by AKane
4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Just wanted to let everyone know, it has been sunny in London for past 2 weeks and no rain forecast for at-least for next 10 days. Though its tough to predict English weather but with temperature constantly around 15-18 degrees avg. for so many days, one can expect spinners to play a part in Oval. Mind you it is Northern hemisphere, so the 18 degrees sun is more intense compare to a 18 degree in India for example.

I would play both Ashwin and Jadeja. Chances are this game will have no weather interruptions.

kahan se laate ho aisi nonsense bhai tum to say that 18 degrees sun is more intense in UK than India. it is in fact less intense that is why temperatures are low. if it was high intensity, temperature would be like India. 15-18 degrees is quite cool. it is like Jan weather in North India. The high you go in the north hemisphere, more slanting sunrays you get which means less intense sun. India is also in the northern hemisphere but lower latitudes and gets the direct sunlight in June, sun being over and close to the tropic of cancer which goes through almost the center of India. on June 21, Sun is directly over the tropics of cancer, which is almost the central part of India.     London is at 51 degrees latitude, Delhi is 29. Huge difference in the intensity of sunlight both places get. lower the latitude, more intense the sun will be over that place.

Edited by rkt.india
45 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

kahan se laate ho aisi nonsense bhai tum to say that 18 degrees sun is more intense in UK than India. it is in fact less intense that is why temperatures are low. if it was high intensity, temperature would be like India. 15-18 degrees is quite cool. it is like Jan weather in North India. The high you go in the north hemisphere, more slanting sunrays you get which means less intense sun. India is also in the northern hemisphere but lower latitudes and gets the direct sunlight in June, sun being over and close to the tropic of cancer which goes through almost the center of India. on June 21, Sun is directly over the tropics of cancer, which is almost the central part of India.     London is at 51 degrees latitude, Delhi is 29. Huge difference in the intensity of sunlight both places get. lower the latitude, more intense the sun will be over that place.

I don't know about geology - but he may have meant that the sunlight and temp will act differently on the soil in UK vs the temp and sunlight acting on the soil in India. Maybe the soil there loses moisture faster or changes faster with the temps/sunlight.

48 minutes ago, AKane said:

I don't know about geology - but he may have meant that the sunlight and temp will act differently on the soil in UK vs the temp and sunlight acting on the soil in India. Maybe the soil there loses moisture faster or changes faster with the temps/sunlight.

15 degrees me Indian players will be playing in jumpers, you think soil will get heat? 

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

15 degrees me Indian players will be playing in jumpers, you think soil will get heat? 

I understand Indian players, but at 18 degrees in sunlight, people are about in tanks/tees and shorts in US after winter.

The grounds in the UK will not be like the Ahmedabad ground where a 20 minute shower paralyzed the ground. It will dry off fast and be relatively "baked" with a month of the like weather.

I still am not sure it will suit the IPL stars and their skills even with a month of dry weather. IPL is IPL and Indian pitches are Indian pitches.

15 minutes ago, Lord said:

not true. Has nothing overseas. No reason his first test outside Asia needs to be WTC final

What is not true? Axar is a big contributor to WTC appearance - together with Ashwin and Jadeja. The three spinners need to be in a final that they made possible.

Plus seeing Axar's batting vs Aus recently, why would you not pick him over Rahane vs the same Aus?

50 minutes ago, AKane said:

I understand Indian players, but at 18 degrees in sunlight, people are about in tanks/tees and shorts in US after winter.

The grounds in the UK will not be like the Ahmedabad ground where a 20 minute shower paralyzed the ground. It will dry off fast and be relatively "baked" with a month of the like weather.

I still am not sure it will suit the IPL stars and their skills even with a month of dry weather. IPL is IPL and Indian pitches are Indian pitches.

Ashwinnin his youtube channel has told it is very cold out there.

22 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

LOL

an international level bowler comes on and man gets out for a duck.. this is his aukaat. His runs have been piled up against Div 2 dibbly dobblers, He was chosen in last WTC final too due to County practice.. he still shitt his pants when it came to it

Spot on, no way both Pujara andRahane should be in the team , let alone playing eleven.

2 hours ago, AKane said:

What is not true? Axar is a big contributor to WTC appearance - together with Ashwin and Jadeja. The three spinners need to be in a final that they made possible.

Plus seeing Axar's batting vs Aus recently, why would you not pick him over Rahane vs the same Aus?

Axar's batting exploits have been in Asia. What has he done away? He is good support/backup in home conditions but will be useless abroad.

Rahane is bad too.but still better chances of him doing well.Atleast he's familiar to the conditions

3 hours ago, Lord said:

Axar's batting exploits have been in Asia. What has he done away? He is good support/backup in home conditions but will be useless abroad.

He has never played outside - judging from how he dominated Aus in India, he deserves to play against them in England. At this point "will be useless abroad" has no evidence behind it.

As much as he succeeded with bat, he failed with the ball. But he is more than useful as a bowler alone averaging less than 20 for 50 wickets in 12 tests. Overall how can we leave this vital contributor out in such an important match?

All three - Ashwin, Axar and Jadeja must play for the sake of justice itself. Then we can let the cards fall as they will.........