Rinku Singh should be fast tracked.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

I like players with great positive attitude.  Jaiswal,   Rinku, Tilak fall under this category. There is no tentativeness. Ruturaj for all his talent is a very nervous starter.  We can build the team around Shubman Gill. Identify the core. In order to do we have to "fasttrack" this seniors "out" of the side. 

Our top 5 in ODI post 2023 WC can be 

Jaiswal

Ruturaj

Gill

Pant/Samson/Jitesh (wk)

Rinku/Tilak

That's a wonderful line up with atleast 2 lefties in Top 5. Tilak and Jaiswal can share 5-6 overs amongst themselves...it will also allow us to avoid with the SKY experiment in ODI's...likes of Shreyas Iyer can be around as well on subcontinent pitches.

But ofcourse to whom I am fooling, Kohli won't go anywhere till 2027 ODI WC, KL is the golden boy of Rahul and who knows after consulting with MSD they might bring Rahane in ODI's as well

When you see such threads where names being thrown around, unfortunately, chances are that the player is less likely to make it (apart from some good games/season). 

Start with the P Shaw, Thakur, Sundar, V Iyer, S Iyer, .., ... , ... Even Umran Makik, a favorite last season, appears to need some work to compete. 

PS and on the other hand, guys like Gill were portrayed to be not that good at T20 for e.g. 

Edited by zen
8 minutes ago, zen said:

When you see names being thrown around on ICFs, unfortunately, chances are that the player is less likely to make it (apart from some good games). 

Start with the P Shaw, Thakur, Sundar, V Iyer, S Iyer, ..., ... , ... Even Umran Makik, a favorite last season, appears to need some work to compete. 

Rinku performed well last season, so did Jaiswal, Ruturaj and Tilak.

They all had been strong performer in domestics as well. Shivam Dube performed very well this year, but no body is calling for his inclusion.

Ofcourse, they may not get immediate success and will have some dip in performance, international pressure is much higher than IPL. Siraj took 2-3 years to find his groove, even Shami was on off for couple of years before turning into a consistent performer.

12 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

They all had been strong performer in domestics as well. Shivam Dube performed very well this year, but no body is calling for his inclusion.

Ofcourse, they may not get immediate success and will have some dip in performance, international pressure is much higher than IPL. Siraj took 2-3 years to find his groove, even Shami was on off for couple of years before turning into a consistent performer.

International games comprise multiple series/tournaments so I am not sure if international pressure is higher than in IPL, which has its own pressure (pressure to win, owners, maintain paycheck, etc.) in general (world cups, yes) ... At the national team level, there would be pressure to be selected as a national team can only play 11 players (1 team v 10 IPL teams) so all these guys compete for spots. Therefore, less likely to be picked (and if picked, cement a spot) unless they do something exceptional over a few seasons. 

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, Stan AF said:

If there's anything I learnt from all these years of IPL, is to stop writing international blank cheques based on IPL form.

So many horrible disasters

Actually , consistent performance in atleast 2 IPL seasons warrants an opportunity in the national T20 side which is already not strong and far from winning anything

Domestic performance also matters,all those in the reckoning aren't just 1 season wonder

11 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Things to note among the new kids -Jaiswal, Tilak, Gill this season. 

1. Apart from Gill, for others it is their full 2nd season. They are still not rounded their game fully. But the shot making ability be it spin or pace and the power & placement on those shots  is amazingly good . These are not ordinary talents at 20-21 years of age.

2. Even Gill this year has developed his shot making to another level. Sublime !

3. The power Tilak  generates on his shots is awesome. This kid in another 2 years can become really good in short format. Should try at #3 . 

4. All of them have the ability to hit good balls on stumps to boundaries and can put bowlers under pressure. 

Most heartening is all 3 are able to improve their game pretty quickly and hard working. The change in their game compared to last year is awesome !

3 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Moronic comment, as expected. No better proof needed then the people who reacted.

Everybody here knows your agenda against youngsters, up-and-coming players. Not interested in getting personal. 

Edited by Gollum
12 minutes ago, Jay said:

You think so? If coolie fans says so then it must be the opposite. I 100% now believe rinku will do well for India. 

You are probably the worst predictor I have seen across forums. 

Also you change your opinion in a day. So let's not even talk about this. 

Rinku Singh is not international class, I was also right when I said the same about Hooda and Tripathi.

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

You think so? If coolie fans says so then it must be the opposite. I 100% now believe rinku will do well for India. 

5 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Rinku Singh is not international class, I was also right when I said the same about Hooda and Tripathi.

Common boys :cheer:

Waited for you two to come live. The game is today. Eat each other.

43 minutes ago, Adamant said:

I an literally the best predictor when it comes to potential and games. I never get it wrong. * out of here. 

I said we will lose to SA 2-1 causee of coolie. We lost

Said we will lose to nz. We lost

Said we will draw vs Oz in 2020 cause coolie left. We ended up winning Lel. 

I said 2-1 to india before recent Oz series. Guess what 2-1 Lel. 

Now piss off vermin.

46 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Tripathi I agree. 

Honda is all zen. He gets it wrong often. 

You are better than zen. 

of the ones I see <25-26 yr of age, the truly impressive ones are as follows:

Jasiwal (all formats)

Gill (only LOIs)

Sarfaraz (only flat pitches in tests)

Sundar (tests and maybe ODIs; if his frickin glass body holds up)

Tilak (T20s and maybe ODIs)

pant (all formats)

not yet sold on gaikwad, rinku

shaw - no formats. should not even playing for mumbai squad.