Ind vs Pak or The Ashes - which rivalry is more fierce?

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Seeing India play Pakistan in Australia was on another level last year. Absolutely incredible.

While Ashes has tradition, India vs Pakistan stops literally millions of sub continental people worldwide.

Indian and Pakistan players from what I understand actually get along with each other and are friendly, despite the ever looming war.

Australia and England have a general hatred of each other.

Brat gets on very well with Pak players

2 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Ashes over anything.

India vs Pakistan in LOIs but who rates LOIs anyway? Neither India nor Pakistan is serious about their test cricket like England-Australia. 

for both ind and pak, T20 is much higher than tests. IPL for ind and T20Is for pak

I should add that in Australia, when the Ashes is on, supporters do care, but really its like a carnival event when the game is being played.

More people at the ground but are more busy socializing, eating and drinking than watching the actual game.

Compare this to a India vs Pakistan game and everyone is glued to the action.

3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I should add that in Australia, when the Ashes is on, supporters do care, but really its like a carnival event when the game is being played.

More people at the ground but are more busy socializing, eating and drinking than watching the actual game.

Test vs T20 match of few hours (which is played once in year or two), reason it gets more hype now is cause both teams play rarely and in shorter formats of game (mostly t20).

9 hours ago, SRT100 said:

and boinking... or maybe that's in SA/NZ stadiums

43 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

These Pak cricketers for some reason worship Kohli lol 

I round it down to borderline Stockholm syndrome lol..  The same reason most of them adore Dhoni as well. 

Kohli owned them so so many times right from that 183 game in Dhaka all the way down to the recent MCG game. He has pretty much mentally scarred their entire generation beyond recovery. And ofcourse there's his PR dramebaazi with his over the top "sportsmanship" when playing against them. Aam abduls in Pakistan can only resist so much..

3 hours ago, Norman said:

I round it down to borderline Stockholm syndrome lol..  The same reason most of them adore Dhoni as well. 

Kohli owned them so so many times right from that 183 game in Dhaka all the way down to the recent MCG game. He has pretty much mentally scarred their entire generation beyond recovery. And ofcourse there's his PR dramebaazi with his over the top "sportsmanship" when playing against them. Aam abduls in Pakistan can only resist so much..

they secretly (or not-so-secretly) have the hots for him, but need to avoid displaying it too openly.

Gotta say in current situation Ashes is fierce.  Back in the 80s, 90s Pakistan vs India was unrivalled.  But looking at the epic meltdown from British media and celebrities over Bairstow dismissal  i have to say this rivalry has taken a sharp turn. Physical confrontation, verbal abuse, direct accusation at the press.

One thing I would say staying in this country, nothing comes even remotely close to Ashes. I mean cricket is not a mass sport in UK but Ashes is the only exception that keeps everyone in their toes. Starting from PM to MPs, celebrities to famous footballers, everyone is talking about Bairstow run out. I have never seen front pages of tabloids here only talking about cricket. Actually from past 2 days, the biggest news in the country is cricket and only Ashes series can bring such emotions.

No world cups, no T20 leagues, no other test series comes remotely close to Ashes series. It is almost like India vs Pakistan craze in sub continent, minus perhaps the animosity.

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

One thing I would say staying in this country, nothing comes even remotely close to Ashes. I mean cricket is not a mass sport in UK but Ashes is the only exception that keeps everyone in their toes. Starting from PM to MPs, celebrities to famous footballers, everyone is talking about Bairstow run out. I have never seen front pages of tabloids here only talking about cricket. Actually from past 2 days, the biggest news in the country is cricket and only Ashes series can bring such emotions.

No world cups, no T20 leagues, no other test series comes remotely close to Ashes series. It is almost like India vs Pakistan craze in sub continent, minus perhaps the animosity.

Apart from Sunak, which other celebrities and footballers have commented on the Bairstow run out ? 

Edited by rageaddict
On 6/18/2023 at 4:04 PM, SRT100 said:

England haven't even looked like winning a game in Australia for a decade so thats why

On 7/5/2023 at 9:31 AM, waga said:

England haven't even looked like winning a game in Australia for a decade so thats why

Rubbish.

It also happens whenever there is a cricket match at the ground, even when India have played.

Cricket matches in Australia especially the Tests, there is more socializing, drinking and eating out at the back.

Anyone that has regularly gone to Test matches in Australia know this, the cricket is not as important.

On 6/16/2023 at 5:39 AM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Both the rivalries have political connection in some form or other but India vs Pakistan is a much younger rivalry compared to the Ashes which has 140 year old history. India vs Pakistan is hyped up as 'mother of all battles' where as the Ashes brings both England & Australia in a standstill.

Which is the better rivalry according to you and why?

image.png

India and Pakistan test series is one of the most boring test series. They are played mostly on flat decks and neither team wants to win.