Elections 23-24 NDA vs I.N.D.I.A (updated)

coffee_rules

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

It's funny to see how the goal post has been shifted for the opposition. From we will defeat BJP to no way they can get 400 seats :) And this while he is going for the third term.  India's opposition needs to do better. 

todays TV channels are saying there has to huge turnout for BJP and NDA to reach 400 and i agree,they need to turn out every vote they can especially in the south .TN has to see above 70% turnout for BJP to win some seats.

1 minute ago, cowboysfan said:

todays TV channels are saying there has to huge turnout for BJP and NDA to reach 400 and i agree,they need to turn out every vote they can especially in the south .TN has to see above 70% turnout for BJP to win some seats.

Thought TN always had greater than 70% voting ... Its the swing votes of AIADMK which matter I think. 

21 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

In terms of voting % this will be historic election for BJP. Anna knows that if he can get upto 20% this election, irrespective of seat conversion it's a big step. From 20-30% seat conversion goes up exponentially. That will be for 2026. 

44 minutes ago, Insidious said:

Outcome could be very different. 

Will depend a lot on silent majority...  Wish Congress actually focused on this one rather than almost giving up and prepared a dedicated face to tackle Modi....  BJP would have been terrified at the prospect of Facing a gun younger face...  Leading opposition. Imagine if they had groomed Sachin Pilot who would have attracted a lot of folks on Center left and Right...  Rahul is surrounded by old yes men who have no idea of how to turn the tide... And ulta pushing him to far left. 

As of now best case scenario for country is a stable government in the face of sizeable opposition numbers. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Delimitation is. Key. TN (39) and Kerala (20) has way too many LS seats allocated to them compared to bigger and more populated states . 

delimitation will not be according to population.even BJP has said that because every low TFR states will be negativiely affected and not just the south.my guess they will increase seats proportionally.

7 hours ago, ash said:

TN prediction- India to win 36-39 seats. Curious to see who takes the second place. EPS has surprised me. 

Any chance for Annamalai?

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Any chance for Annamalai?

Coimbatore is somewhat favorable enough for BJP...  Don't see him winning but that seat is his best shot. 

Kanyakumari another one where BJP may gain some ground...  Others aren't worth mentioning. 

1 hour ago, ash said:

Outside chance for second place, which will be a huge win for him.

Most polls put them in second place in vote share above both Congress and ADMK. That’s huge for TN to breakaway from Dravidian politics. He should play state politics more before throwing him in the national scene 

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Most polls put them in second place in vote share above both Congress and ADMK. That’s huge for TN to breakaway from Dravidian politics. He should play state politics more before throwing him in the national scene 

For me, It will be great achievement of BJP, if they can even compete for second position in South excluding Karnataka

23 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Bad news for BJP if they cant even muster the 2019 turnout.

And with this kind of opposition. But, Indian politics is an enigma, anti-incumbency plays big, even peak Indira Gandhi lost after a 2nd term and Rajiv Gandhi with 400 seats lasted only one term. BJP has slogans but are working overtime in getting ex-Congress leaders in as well. They are not pulling any stops. I don’t think NW matters at all . Hindi belt is key