High drama as Bairstow given out after Carey throw

Just now, rkt.india said:

Yes but ball was not dead. Ball was on its way to hit the stumps. Carey had already thrown the ball towards the stumps before he did that.

Ball is not dead that is why he has been given out. Noone is questioning that just like ball was not dead when Ian Bell walked off. But Dhoni withdrew his appeal, Cummins also could have done that today.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Ball is not dead that is why he has been given out. Noone is questioning that just like ball was not dead when Ian Bell walked off. But Dhoni withdrew his appeal, Cummins also could have done that today.

Why should he? Its Bairstow's fault he wandered.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

But both instances are not similar. Here Carey had already thrown the ball towards the stumps before Baitstaw left. It was an instant release of the ball as he received it. He was already looking to stump him out as bairstaw was leaving the crease on previous deliveries. While in the other dismissal, fielder threw the ball after Bell left the crease and wasn't an instant throw. 

Edited by rkt.india
2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

While in the other dismissal, fielder threw the ball after Bell left the crease and wasn't an instant throw. 

The ball was clearly in play when fielder threw the ball, it's similar although not exactly the same.

Just now, rkt.india said:

But both instances are not similar. Here Carey had already thrown the ball towards the stumps before Baitstaw left. It was an instant release of the ball as he received it. He was already looking to stump him out as bairstaw was leaving the crease. While in the other dismissal, fielder threw the ball after Bell left the crease and wasn't an instant throw. 

What do you mean fielder threw after Bell left crease. Look that video again,Bell assumed ball went to boundary and walked off.

Today's incident happened  faster  as keeper threw the ball before batsman left the crease and batsman today was not looking for run hence stumped.

Edited by putrevus

Every english player including stokes & butter keep saying they won't do mankad even in worldcup final. I hope batsman takes full advantage of this and then we will see if england cares about spirt of game or it's just talk. We saw in 2019 final when guptil throw hit stokes bat and went for boundary no one talked about spirit. Shouldn't stokes and england have asked umpire to call it dead ball that time or it's just what they expect when they are at receiving end?

F0CzwUOX0AAS4oo?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Nikola
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Cummins are you fricking kidding:

I thought it was totally fair play. That’s the rule, some people might disagree but just like the catch yesterday, the rule is there and that is the way I saw it.

Mcgrath who is biggest hypocrite was whinging about Starc's catch yesterday.

Another Pommie whiner in Cook:

The spirit of cricket - it's similar to the Mankad, there's not much skill in what Carey did. If it was bothering Australia then they should have told Bairstow he was leaving his crease too early.

Bairstow was dopey, it was foolish. He assumed that tap was enough... I've now lost my train of thought.

Yes, next time when the batsman overbalances the wicket keeper should just tell the batsman that he is leaving the crease and not stump him

Also regarding mankad, when bowler steps even an inch ahead of line he gets punished by 1 run and has to bowl extra ball and in limited overs there is free hit which can break rhythm of bowler and change result of match. So when batsman is taking clear advantage then bowler has every right to run him out. Either you make umpires look if batsman is inside crease at time when ball is released and if so then give batting team a negative run each time they do it or just stop discussing spirt of cricket when mankad happens. I get warning a batsman if you think he is not clearly not taking an advantage but just going out by an inch or so in that case warning once makes sense but if he is clearly doing so to reach striker's end quickly then he knows what he is doing and there is no need of warning as well.

Edited by Nikola

MCC-waalas can indulge in as much Wendy rona as they want. The fact is, its within the laws of the game.
If they find it unsportsmanlike, the can petition to change this law.

20.1.2 The ball shall be considered to be dead when it is clear to the bowler’s end umpire that the fielding side and both batters at the wicket have ceased to regard it as in play.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter

I  think it was fine , Australia saw opportunity  and took it

I think this unsportsmen should just removed just have rules clear and also England have been fine doing like one time where sidebottom collided with elliot and England ran Elliot  I would say that was more unsportsman like than this