Vivek Ramaswamy - US Presidential candidate.

ravishingravi

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Must be your distant cousin from Palakkad

:-))!

That's exactly what my daughter said when she found out he is a Palakkad dude.  I'll bet I am less than 3 degrees separated from him.

When I was thinking about plusses and minuses about VR, one big plus is that I am sure he can appreciate a good MoLagooTTal.

MoLagooTTal is an exclusively Palakkad mixed vegetable and dal dish. While similar to KooTTu that TamBrahms make, MoLagooTTal is uniquely a Palakkad Iyer in that neither the MalayaLees nor the Tamizhaas make it in that particular way. 

Oh and please don't mistake it for Muloghonto. ;-).

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

As a Palakkad Tamilian, that sounded weird. It's like a rapper speaking malayalam / Tamil. 

:-).  Neeyumaa Palakkad?  Nenakkavay illai ingaTTayaa! 

(Translation: You too Palakkad?  Didn't think that at all.  There is no translation for ingaTTayaa ... a uniquely Palakkad Iyer expression).

12 minutes ago, DeepSpace said:

This dude is straight up slimy and made his millions peddling disinformation. Another conman to appreciate the master of all conmans .... Do Lund!!! :bow:

Which politician is the paragon of virtue? Why set the bar so high only for this guy? 

Edited by bharathh

Not that I really care who wins the election in the US - but I feel Vivek is copping a lot flak from jealous people who don't like him only because he is as successful as he is. He has IMO been the most honest and non-evasive about his policies and has a clear agenda unlike any other candidate. IMO he is courting the Trump voter base foolishly as they will never vote for a non-Christian brown man. Still, he is articulate and makes sense when he talks - except for climate change and gun ownership.

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

Not that I really care who wins the election in the US - but I feel Vivek is copping a lot flak from jealous people who don't like him only because he is as successful as he is. He has IMO been the most honest and non-evasive about his policies and has a clear agenda unlike any other candidate. IMO he is courting the Trump voter base foolishly as they will never vote for a non-Christian brown man. Still, he is articulate and makes sense when he talks - except for climate change and gun ownership.

Lot of his Foreign policy ideas are crazy too..  Maybe he doesn't knows much stuff. 

I don't think he is running for President yet seriously as he has no shot but building his brand.  Nobody knew this guy before but look at now. 

He is not a serious candidate to begin with. 

Btw Trump Haley ticket sounds good to me...  Both will demolish whatever dems come up with. 

4 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

This dude is straight up slimy and made his millions peddling disinformation. Another conman to appreciate the master of all conmans .... Do Lund!!! :bow:

Chal bikhkari Pakistani he is not like you lot. He had a startup company that made drugs. He didn’t steal like you lot.

2 hours ago, diga said:

You can present in your arguments without using cuss words.. @Austin 3:!6

He is Pakistani what can you expect. 

48 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Lot of his Foreign policy ideas are crazy too..  Maybe he doesn't knows much stuff. 

I don't think he is running for President yet seriously as he has no shot but building his brand.  Nobody knew this guy before but look at now. 

He is not a serious candidate to begin with. 

Btw Trump Haley ticket sounds good to me...  Both will demolish whatever dems come up with. 

US foreign policy has been crazy to say the least. 

5 hours ago, gattaca said:

Chal bikhkari Pakistani he is not like you lot. He had a startup company that made drugs. He didn’t steal like you lot.

He is Pakistani what can you expect. 

BTW, I am not Pakistani, bro. Stop throwing that slur left and right. I was born and raised in India now living in the US. I do not have to support someone just because he/she is a desi. This guy made millions propping up a failed Alzheimer drug, sold all the shares before the failed third trial. He is a slimy conman and I am sorry you cannot see past his slick talk. His ideas about governing are all fluff with no substance that sits well with the right wing crowd. He is gunning for a VP position with his idol conman!

7 hours ago, diga said:

You can present in your arguments without using cuss words.. @Austin 3:!6

It is not a cuss word. Modi called him DoLund. Blame our PM! :lol: And getting upset calling the dear leader names  is a bit rich since he thrives on calling his critics and opponents names. I can't believe there are intelligent people here that still root for Trump, but nothing surprises me these days. BTW, I dislike Biden and the Dems equally as well. I have no allegiance to any standard political thinking. 

7 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

BTW, I am not Pakistani, bro. Stop throwing that slur left and right. I was born and raised in India now living in the US. I do not have to support someone just because he/she is a desi. This guy made millions propping up a failed Alzheimer drug, sold all the shares before the failed third trial. He is a slimy conman and I am sorry you cannot see past his slick talk. His ideas about governing are all fluff with no substance that sits well with the right wing crowd. He is gunning for a VP position with his idol conman!

Lol you said Dil Dil Pakistan in other thread thought you were Pakistani. Look he clearly accepts his Alzheimers drug is his biggest failure. I couldn’t find any where he made millions from the drug his stock tanked as well. 

17 hours ago, gattaca said:

Lol you said Dil Dil Pakistan in other thread thought you were Pakistani. Look he clearly accepts his Alzheimers drug is his biggest failure. I couldn’t find any where he made millions from the drug his stock tanked as well. 

Over 90% of drug trials fail in FDA scrutiny. He wants to dismantle FDA. 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Over 90% of drug trials fail in FDA scrutiny.

If you included preclinical research, less than 1/10,000 chemistries make it to market. Which is a good thing. Most of the stuff put under rigorous scrutiny fails. This is exactly why we need strict regulation of medications. His problem is that, according to him, his medications were put under rigorous scrutiny, but the Covid vaccines were not put to the same level of scrutiny. That is a bogus argument because karods of people are not falling like dominoes with the diseases for which his company is doing trials and vaccines are given EUAs after initial Phase III data look robust (which they did for the Covid vaccines).  VR is letting his bitterness get in the way of logic, and smart as he is, when things get personal, logic goes out the window.

A stark example of the FDA's failure to do its job was with the recent approval of Alzheimer's drugs (Eisan/Biogen) based on scant evidence. Clinical trials showed marginal benefit, but they approved it anyway. Turned out to be a big failure and docs are refusing to buy in. 

I've posted this before: He keeps claiming he has brought 5 drugs to market. He is either lying or my research is incomplete. According to Roivant's own pipeline webpage (https://www.roivant.com/pipeline), only one has passed through Phase III and has full FDA approval. The others are all in various stages of trials.

I wish I could post images on ICF - I would post the images from the roivant webpage ....

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

19 hours ago, gattaca said:

People say he sold them before they tanked. He himself had some explanation that made no sense to me. But I don't understand stocks etc so I can't comment. Here's a link that explains some of it. Would be interested in your thoughts

https://fortune.com/2023/06/14/vivek-ramaswamy-is-threatening-gop-heavyweights-in-the-polls-but-his-business-record-doesnt-live-up-to-the-hype/

8 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

People say he sold them before they tanked. He himself had some explanation that made no sense to me. But I don't understand stocks etc so I can't comment. Here's a link that explains some of it. Would be interested in your thoughts

https://fortune.com/2023/06/14/vivek-ramaswamy-is-threatening-gop-heavyweights-in-the-polls-but-his-business-record-doesnt-live-up-to-the-hype/

Gradually reducing stock is ok though. If one big percentage of stock at once then it is a big red flag. 

all while gradually reducing and diluting its Axovant stake from 78%  to just 25%

On 9/16/2023 at 7:12 AM, Khota said:

Typical clickbait nonsense. He talked about ending the lottery based H1-B system and replacing it with a merit based system which is totally legit.. These new channels conveniently skip the latter part to get more clicks