Vivek Ramaswamy - US Presidential candidate.

ravishingravi

On 12/7/2023 at 6:42 PM, Muloghonto said:

Huh ? The newer stands of Covid that have mutated. Such as delta, omicron, etc. 

You mean "strains."

I was busy writing up my BIO 101 final yesterday and this gave me a great idea for a terminology-test question.

Mutations in the RNA genome of SARS CoV2 during the pandemic resulted in the formation of:

(a) Strands such as DNA and RNA

(b) Strains such as DNA and RNA

(c) Strands such as delta and omicron

(d) Strains such as omicron and delta

(e) Nonsense - strands, strains, all the same. Terminology is over-rated.

Correct answer (d)

https://www.wired.com/story/vivek-ramaswamy-debate-great-replacement-theory-conspiracy/

For months, GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy has been dog-whistling to supporters of extremist far-right ideologies and wild conspiracy theories like QAnon. On Wednesday night, at the fourth Republican presidential debate, Ramaswamy went full tilt: After blasting the three other debaters for turning on former president Donald Trump, Ramaswamy argued, without evidence, that the January 6 Capitol riot was an inside job, the 2020 presidential election was stolen, the government had lied about 9/11, and the “deep state” was responsible for all these things.

Then, Ramaswamy claimed that the “great replacement theory is not some grand right-wing conspiracy theory, but a basic statement of the Democratic Party’s platform.” The great replacement theory is a widely-debunked conspiracy that the liberal establishment, along with a cabal of “global elites,” is encouraging the immigration of people of color in order to “replace” white voters.

Immediately, white supremacists online celebrated the reference to the racist and antisemitic conspiracy.

Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist influencer who was livestreaming his reaction to the debate on the alternative streaming platform Rumble, appeared visibly shocked that Ramaswamy went so far. He watched open-mouthed as Ramaswamy continued to boost wild conspiracies. “Let’s go,” a visibly delighted Fuentes told his thousands of viewers.

A clip of Fuentes’ reaction was posted on X by Irish antisemitic and anti-immigrant influencer Keith O’Brien, known online as Keith Woods, with the comment: “Time to mainstream this discussion across the West.”

The post quickly racked up tens of thousands of likes and shares, including from Ramaswamy’s own official X account. “Repost by Vivek, very cool,” O’Brien wrote on his Telegram channel. “We love Vivek.”

When someone like Ramaswamy promotes great replacement and other conspiracy theories, he's platforming a violent and paranoid ideology to a mainstream audience. It's clear that he speaks the language of conspiracy theory believers, antisemites, and extremists—many of these same people have embraced his candidacy,” Mike Rothschild, an author who writes about conspiracy theories and extremists tells WIRED. “And he's speaking to these people not to help his DOA campaign, but to cement them as his future base for whatever he does next in this world. It's a dangerous and cynical ideology.”

Ramaswamy subsequently deleted the post from his feed,

Next steps:

(1) That's not exactly what I said. Even if I did, it's not exactly what I meant. I am just asking. We deserve the truth.

(2) Establishment is targeting me.

(3) I got bullied when I was a kid, so I am allowed to play loose with facts.

(4) My account got hacked.

Pop goes the weasel.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

You mean "strains."

I was busy writing up my BIO 101 final yesterday and this gave me a great idea for a terminology-test question.

Mutations in the RNA genome of SARS CoV2 during the pandemic resulted in the formation of:

Correct answer (d)

The strain keep on coming there is no end to it. The funny thing is how they approved the third booster. Lot of news leading FDA approval said they will not approve it but at last min they approved it.

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Next steps:

(1) That's not exactly what I said. Even if I did, it's not exactly what I meant. I am just asking. We deserve the truth.

(2) Establishment is targeting me.

(3) I got bullied when I was a kid, so I am allowed to play loose with facts.

(4) My account got hacked.

Pop goes the weasel.

He is smart he is trying what trump has tried and won. Create lot of hype about him without spending $$$. He is sponsoring himself he went against RNC chair and she made it clear that not a single penny will go to him for this election. She should be shown the door. Now they are attacking as being anti woman lol. Nikki Haley is known war hawk and worked for a defense contractor. It is clear she is being supported by MSM and even Chris Christie who is democracy at this point. So for him it’s create controversy and gain momentum against a RNC super pac juggernaut.

4 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

You mean "strains."

Correct answer (d)

You are bringing back memories of desi school tests.....

5 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

You mean "strains."

Correct answer (d)

This is so strainful or is that  stressful?  :thinking:

I contemplated making a separate thread for this but it fits perfectly here. 

It's plausible. Just askin for the truth. I mean we're talking about a govt that wants to control us in every way. Replacing birds with drones is low hanging fruit for the evil controllers. I am not saying it is true. I never did. I am just saying that the government is withholding information, and want it to be released.

https://www.audubon.org/news/are-birds-actually-government-issued-drones-so-says-new-conspiracy-theory-making

The CIA assassinated John F. Kennedy after he refused to kill and replace billions of birds with drones. The U.S. government is sequestering a team of Boeing engineers in Area 51 for a secret military mission. Our tax dollars have been funneled into building the “Turkey X500,” a robot used to hunt large birds.

Combine all these conspiracies and you get Birds Aren’t Real, a nearly two-year-old movement that claims the CIA took out 12 billion feathered fugitives because directors within the organization were “annoyed that birds had been dropping fecal matter on their car windows.” The targets were eradicated between 1959 and 1971 with specially altered B-52 bombers stocked with poison. They were then supplanted with avian-like robots that could be used to surveil Americans.  

Sounds extreme but also somewhat fitting, given the landscape of today's social discourse. By surfacing murky bits of history and the ubiquity of Aves, Birds Aren’t Real feeds into this era of post-truth politics. The campaign relies on internet-fueled guerilla marketing to spread its message, manifesting through real-world posters and Photoshopped propaganda tagged with the “Birds Aren’t Real” slogan.

For much of its devoted fanbase, Birds Aren’t Real is a respite from America’s political divide—a joke so preposterous both conservatives and liberals can laugh at it. But for a few followers, this movement is no more unbelievable than QAnon, a right-wing conspiracy theory turned marketing ploy that holds that someone with high-level government clearance is planting coded tips in the news. Therein lies the genius of Birds Aren’t Real: It’s a digital breadcrumb trail that leads to a website that leads to a shop full of ready-to-buy merchandise.

The creative muscle behind the avian-inspired conspiracy (and thinly disguised marketing scheme) is 20-year-old Peter McIndoe, an English and philosophy major at the University of Memphis in Tennessee. McIndoe first went live with Birds Aren’t Real in January 2017 at his city’s Women’s March. A video from the event shows McIndoe with a crudely drawn sign, heckling protesters with lines like, “Birds are a myth; they’re an illusion; they’re a lie. Wake up America! Wake up!” The idea of selling Birds Aren’t Real goods, he says, came after the stunt gained traction over Instagram

Standing room only at Vivek's events in last few hours and days if several X accounts are to be believed.

On the Muslim point, racism is not the same as ignorance. If you have a high propensity to shed your racism when provided the correct information you are not a racist, in my view.

11 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Anecdotal.  The nation voted for a guy with the middle name "Hussein." Twice.

The reason he doesn't have a chance is because he is 38, going on 13.  But then again, we elected a chronologically septuagenarian but emotionally teenager President. So anything is possible.

I stand by my Trumpaswamy ticket prediction.

5 hours ago, goose said:

Standing room only at Vivek's events in last few hours and days if several X accounts are to be believed.

On the Muslim point, racism is not the same as ignorance. If you have a high propensity to shed your racism when provided the correct information you are not a racist, in my view.

In this example, they are still racist. They ignorantly think he is Muslim. OK, that's ignorance and can be taught out of them.

But the fact that they won't vote for a Muslim is a sign of racism, no?

20 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Anecdotal.  The nation voted for a guy with the middle name "Hussein." Twice.

The reason he doesn't have a chance is because he is 38, going on 13.  But then again, we elected a chronologically septuagenarian but emotionally teenager President. So anything is possible.

I stand by my Trumpaswamy ticket prediction.

Obama was still a visible Christian. A lot of American Christians think Hinduism is Satanic. 

6 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

In this example, they are still racist. They ignorantly think he is Muslim. OK, that's ignorance and can be taught out of them.

Everyone's 'racist'. The chances of India having a Christian or Muslim prime minister are slim to none. People prefer to have leaders similar to themselves. 

50 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

given current geopolitics, and the strong perception (justified in my view) in the West that a Muslim will put his or her faith before country, that's practical reason to not want a Muslim in the White House.

39 minutes ago, goose said:

given current geopolitics, and the strong perception (justified in my view) in the West that a Muslim will put his or her faith before country, that's practical reason to not want a Muslim in the White House.

You watch, you read, you listen, you study their record in politics, and then you vote.

If one reflexively eliminates a candidate simply based on their religion, regardless of religion, it is not justifiable. Like with Mitt Romney. So many people made fun of him and did not vote for him because he is Mormon. In spite of him having a solid record as an administrator and governor.