India squad for T20 series in Ireland announced - Bumrah returns as skipper

Its a good squad

My only suggestions: Rahul Tewatia in for Shabaz or Dube maybe. As a finisher who can bowl leg spin Tewatia offers something different.

Mukesh and Avesh are not limited overs bowlers, as is often the case there is format confusion. Mavi & Yash Thakur instead

6 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Indeed India should instead tour these top Associate sides instead of has been sides like Ireland. 

Nostalgia of Ireland doing well in 2011 WC still grips the minds of BCCI I think. 

Dutch especially could be a seriously tough side if they get same resources like the Irish board. 

No they won't. Talent pool id very limited unless tgr6 grab SA imports 

6 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

SKY should have been in the team for Ireland tour. He would have got more games under his belt prior to Asia cup and world cup

Ireland is not glamorous enough for our T20 superstars- If Bumrah wasnt coming back after injury he would have skipped it too

What exactly is the benefit of playing Ireland in Ireland in T20s wrt the ODI WC in India with countries such as Eng/Aus/Pak/NZ/SA  ? I think it is a futile exercise with no benefit whatsover.

Team - Ireland (did not qualify for WC) vs actual Eng/Aus/Pak/NZ/SA which will be opposition

Location - Ireland vs actual location India.

Format - T20s vs actual ODIs in WC.

This is all beyond my ability to comprehend.

They would be better served with playing and practicing in India.

Edited by AKane
36 minutes ago, AKane said:

What exactly is the benefit of playing Ireland in Ireland in T20s wrt the ODI WC in India with countries such as Eng/Aus/Pak/NZ/SA  ? I think it is a futile exercise with no benefit whatsover.

Team - Ireland (did not qualify for WC) vs actual Eng/Aus/Pak/NZ/SA which will be opposition

Location - Ireland vs actual location India.

Format - T20s vs actual ODIs in WC.

This is all beyond my ability to comprehend.

They would be better served with playing and practicing in India.

Brainless/Senseless Bcci and the TM.  In pretty much every aspect, there are more questions than answers.