Pakistan announced Squad for Asia Cup & Afg series

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not only have they announced a decent squad , they'll have a camp with the full squad starting tomorrow to sharpen their skills and conditioning  

I hate reiterating this point but they are far ahead of us in a lot of aspects now. 

It will include that Chinaman spinner Sufyaan that bamboozled Indian youngsters in Emerging cup  to counter Kuldeep. 

This is as professional as one can get. 

51 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

It will include that Chinaman spinner Sufyaan that bamboozled Indian youngsters in Emerging cup  to counter Kuldeep. 

Pakistan may have regressed in hockey but have a strong cricket team....2 sept, 14 oct will get me back to watching cricket after a long time, hopefully for 2 exciting matches and India wins...

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

Pakistan may have regressed in hockey but have a strong cricket team....2 sept, 14 oct will get me back to watching cricket after a long time, hopefully for 2 exciting matches and India wins...

Cricket is only good thing going for them...   It is getting main focus,  revenue & political backing in Pakistan.  PCB acting like a first world cricket board in last 3 years has also worked. 

It's 60-40 in favor of Poyzz on Sep 2 I think. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

It took them 7 years but they are now up there with the most professional sides. 7 years ago, Pakistan were a terrible white ball side especially after their spinners got exposed as chuckers and the 2016 World T20 exit was their nadir.  

It's a process that began with PSL and Mickey as coach. Mickey is not the greatest tactician but he identified the best batsmen to develop and the quicks as well and set up a basic fitness standard.  Unfortunately, their domestic was not producing players who were ready for int'l cricket. 

They hit a ceiling with what they could achieve under Mickey. Further structural reforms in their domestic cricket and Rameez and co.'s investment in a heavily data-driven approach were the next steps.  There is continuous progress there.

And now Mickey is back with a much better domestic structure to choose players from and a tactically superior outfit with inputs from the Cricviz engine.  

There is also the PSL system with LQ, MS, and PZ teams, in particular, doing some really good scouting and getting their new talents access to the best coaching, S&C and coaching etc. before representing Pakistan.

Our system is completely broken in comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

It took them 7 years but they are now up there with the most professional sides. 7 years ago, Pakistan were a terrible white ball side especially after their spinners got exposed as chuckers and the 2016 World T20 exit was their nadir.  

It's a process that began with PSL and Mickey as coach. Mickey is not the greatest tactician but he identified the best batsmen to develop and the quicks as well and set up a basic fitness standard.  Unfortunately, their domestic was not producing players who were ready for int'l cricket. 

They hit a ceiling with what they could achieve under Mickey. Further structural reforms in their domestic cricket and Rameez and co.'s investment in a heavily data-driven approach were the next steps.  There is continuous progress there.

And now Mickey is back with a much better domestic structure to choose players from and a tactically superior outfit with inputs from the Cricviz engine.  

There is also the PSL system with LQ, MS, and PZ teams, in particular, doing some really good scouting and getting their new talents access to the best coaching, S&C and coaching etc. before representing Pakistan.

I blame Jay Shah & his outdated backward policies,  appointments & absolute third class treatment towards NCA.  Zero Talent hunts...  No collaboration with IPl sides & scouts. 

He is running 2023 version of BCCI with resources resembling 80's. 

I wonder Where all that money is going? 

PCB is always under strict Govt.  Jurisdiction which is directly answers to PM.

It is a clown show here.  The domestic structure is rotten & overhyped. 

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

Opposite also true. India has made progress in every sport apart from cricket. Laanat on the world's richest cricket board.

I will not under-estimate Pakistan based on history. Teams win matches. Not collection of individuals. India has to play near perfectly once again because of the usual inadequacy of bowlers can't bat, batsmen can't bowl. Bowlers won't save India with batting just in case. Batsmen won't save Indian bowlers with their part time just in case. Everyone has to do their job precisely. 

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I will not under-estimate Pakistan based on history. Teams win matches. Not collection of individuals. India has to play near perfectly once again because of the usual inadequacy of bowlers can't bat, batsmen can't bowl. Bowlers won't save India with batting just in case. Batsmen won't save Indian bowlers with their part time just in case. Everyone has to do their job precisely. 

A genuine question regarding that first line. What history would indicate that Pakistan should be under estimated in an India Pak game at the Asia cup. What historical data would point to that being the case. Im curious.

2 minutes ago, the don said:

A genuine question regarding that first line. What history would indicate that Pakistan should be under estimated in an India Pak game at the Asia cup. What historical data would point to that being the case. Im curious.

India has 9 to 6 in Asia cup in thist history.    4 out of last 5.  Even with second string team without peak Kohli India has managed to dispose Pakistan of. In some match absolute shellacking.

Last 5

2016, league, Mirpur: Pakistan 83 (17.3) lost to India 85-5 (15.3) by 5 wickets with 27 balls to spare
2018, league, Dubai: Pakistan 162 (43.1) lost to India 164-2 (29) by 8 wickets with 126 balls to spare
2018, Super Four, Dubai: Pakistan 237-7 (50) lost to India 238-1 (39.3) by 9 wickets with 63 balls to spare
2022, league, Dubai: Pakistan 147 (19.5) lost to India 148-5 (19.4) by 5 wickets with 2 balls to spare
2022, Super Four, Dubai: India 181-7 (20) lost to Pakistan 182-5 (19.5) by 5 wickets with 1 ball to spare

I really hope people here are reverse jinxing because there's no way Poyzz deserve this much hype lol. Seems like a deja vu back to the 2018 Asia Cup , where everyone was saying we'll get destroyed without Kohli against Pak in their second home UAE but we ended up mauling them worse than Bangladesh. :giggle:

A few mickey mouse T20 games seems to have completely skewed their team's impression here but 50 over cricket is a different beast altogether. They have way too many holes (more than us) to say they'll start as favourites.

4 hours ago, Norman said:

I really hope people here are reverse jinxing because there's no way Poyzz deserve this much hype lol. Seems like a deja vu back to the 2018 Asia Cup , where everyone was saying we'll get destroyed without Kohli against Pak in their second home UAE but we ended up mauling them worse than Bangladesh. :giggle:

A few mickey mouse T20 games seems to have completely skewed their team's impression here but 50 over cricket is a different beast altogether. They have way too many holes (more than us) to say they'll start as favourites.

it's no joke. they are a top 3 team in LOIs in SC-like conditions (Eng and Aus are the other 2). Ind is not even in the top 5. massive thrashing for our team on the cards. I, for one, will enjoy seeing it

5 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

the gap is huge. almost as much as the gap between ind and pak (in our favor) in other sports

16 hours ago, Vijy said:

it's no joke. they are a top 3 team in LOIs in SC-like conditions (Eng and Aus are the other 2). Ind is not even in the top 5. massive thrashing for our team on the cards. I, for one, will enjoy seeing it

On what basis are they the top 3 in the world lol? They lost to NZ at home this very year. All they have done is beat some third string sides from SENA which says absolutely nothing. 

They're a top team in T20s due to their bowling but ODIs is a different story altogether. Their bowling attack barring Shaheen's new ball spell is bang average. And their batting has major holes and no real firepower in the middle order... you guys are overrating them for absolutely no reason lol. As I said, same paranoia happened in 2018 but the result was something else.

On 8/12/2023 at 4:02 AM, tapandrun said:

Right now Pak team has top white-ball bowlers. 

Afridi -nearly take 2 wkts per match

Naseem-3  wkts/match

Rauf- Is tough to face when batters are looking to score big 

Very little sample size for Naseem grande early to judge, Shaheen is probably our only real known threat. I trust the likes of Gill, Kohli, Rohit, etc. to handle Rauf.

I am confident of us winning the Asia Cup. I just hope they stop with the SKY experiment and start giving games to Tilak who is a much better bet for ODIs. Biggest question marks are how will Pandya and Iyer fare against the pacers

32 minutes ago, Norman said:

On what basis are they the top 3 in the world lol? They lost to NZ at home this very year. All they have done is beat some third string sides from SENA which says absolutely nothing. 

They're a top team in T20s due to their bowling but ODIs is a different story altogether. Their bowling attack barring Shaheen's new ball spell is bang average. And their batting has major holes and no real firepower in the middle order... you guys are overrating them for absolutely no reason lol. As I said, same paranoia happened in 2018 but the result was something else.

Beat SA in SA weak side but a similar sorta side thrashed us 3-0.

Beat them in WT20.  Had a great Asia Cup...  Choked hard in finals though. 

A much better bowling attack. 

I can't name two good things about India right now.  Like always we are relying on Individual brilliance like Kohli in WT20.

I feel In bowling we have Siraj & Kuldeeo as only match winners right now.  Genuine attacking wicket takers.   But this where the natural flair ends. 

7 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

Very little sample size for Naseem grande early to judge, Shaheen is probably our only real known threat. I trust the likes of Gill, Kohli, Rohit, etc. to handle Rauf.

I am confident of us winning the Asia Cup. I just hope they stop with the SKY experiment and start giving games to Tilak who is a much better bet for ODIs. Biggest question marks are how will Pandya and Iyer fare against the pacers

If Iyer is fit then I'd back India to tackle likes of Shadab Nawaz or Usama Mir with ease.  But he is not fit or won't make it.  He is a rare mentally strong & confident player. 

We are only likely getting mental midget Kela Hahul. 

Tilak has a outside chance of picked...  But RoVid don't have balls to play him at a instant.