India need to seperate Rohit, Gill and Kohli from top 3

Majestic

11 hours ago, Majestic said:

Can't have all three playing in top 3. Kohli has to bat one position down at 4 and let Kishan bat at 3. Iyer can come in at 5.

I know when KL is back, it doesn't help but KL don't need to be back. Simply stick with Kishan and play him at 3. He has performances under his sleeves and plays fearless cricket.

Please leave them alone until next Pak-India match. 

2 hours ago, wazza said:

I dont want that meek faced Gill anywhere near any format. He can play ipl. No to kela. 

No to ro ro and definitely no to kalulucoolie

It is actually the right time to press the panic button and get Jaiswal IN for the WC.   And remove Gill...   Even if Jaiswal fails in this WC, he will definitely learn by the time next WC starts.   But with Gill, the chance of failing and learning does not exist. Gill has already played too many Odis.   It is apparent that he has too many flaws in his technique and has the worst body language among all players.  One does not hv to be a cricket expert to say that he has a loser mentality and won't be able to improve on his technique and/temperament any time soon.   If our TM still wants to persist with this overhyped loser Gill, then he should be played only at Ahmedabad.   :hysterical:

12 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

It is actually the right time to press the panic button and get Jaiswal IN for the WC.   And remove Gill...   Even if Jaiswal fails in this WC, he will definitely learn by the time next WC starts.   But with Gill, the chance of failing and learning does not exist. Gill has already played too many Odis.   It is apparent that he has too many flaws in his technique and has the worst body language among all players.  One does not hv to be a cricket expert to say that he has a loser mentality and won't be able to improve on his technique and/temperament any time soon.   If our TM still wants to persist with this overhyped loser Gill, then he should be played only at Ahmedabad.   :hysterical:

You literally speak my mind. 100% agree with everything. Nothing further to add sir.

Case should be dismissed with prejudice.

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, wazza said:

You literally speak my mind. 100% agree with everything. Nothing further to add sir.

Case should be dismissed with prejudice.

Thanks 

Its really disappointing that some posters here keep defending Gill saying that similar criticism was made on Pant (in his early days) but he turned out to be a real match winner.   They keep comparing Gill to Pant.  Which is utterly disrespectful to Pant.  The difference is like chalk and cheese.  One is a genuine match winner and has instilled fear in the minds of top teams in his relatively short intl career and the other is meek/loser Gill.  

One of our best posters @Vijyalready exposed gill quite a while ago. 

But Gill is seen as this cash cow for some reason..so they will keep giving him chance after chance till 2031 I believe. 

He might do well on absolute roads only. Maybe in aus and SA. Do not ever play him in swing friendly, turning wickets or grassy pitches. He is a sitting duck.

8 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Its really disappointing that some posters here keep defending Gill saying that similar criticism was made on Pant (in his early days) but he turned out to be a real match winner.   They keep comparing Gill to Pant.  Which is utterly disrespectful to Pant.  The difference is like chalk and cheese.  One is a genuine match winner and has instilled fear in the minds of top teams in his relatively short intl career and the other is meek/loser Gill.  

Exactly hahah. 

We can select a world champion side easily

Just pick mentally strong fighters like

Jaiswal

Rinku

Tilak

Even shaw

Gaikwad etc

And for bowling pick prasidh bumrah kuldeep

Have harshit at 8

Will be a dealt combo. 

We can easily dominate goras and padosis with the team above. But ofcourse quota picks are essential so it is what it is. Just like SA has transformation picks lol we have these forced quota picks to accommodate. Good luck to us I guess. 

33 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Noone will predict what's stored in future

,people very generously adopting Pants success these days when almost everyone in this very forum was abusing him and criticizing him 24×7,

Pant has some character,but we need to wait till the end of this WC and see how these players (the newcomers)unfold when "hopefully " the new regime takes over

I will certainly wait for another year and half for Gill

This TM is notorious for suppressing natural instincts of a player,Rahul Dravid was ready to drop Pant for KL

Even Pant has to mould his game to the likings of this TM,

Gill looks laidback,but he surely needs backing,just bear it for an year atleast, hopefully he will come to his own

Criticizing Gill is fine, he need to work on his game and be serious.

But I fail to understand why we're not addressing the elephants in room..aka Kohli and Rohit.

In 2011 WC, Kohli didn't blew everyone out despite playing international cricket from 2008..still we were able to roll through because we had established players around him who were able to absorb the failures..why Kohli and Rohit are unable to provide that cushion ? Even Jadeja who is a senior still performs like a newbie player in crunch circumstances. There is no assurance in his game.

Nowadays BCCI don't conduct press conference and when they do, even the journalists don't ask them tough questions, hence players are free to do what they want. When they are even scared about tough questions from journalists, how do they will perform well in tough real match situations ?

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Noone will predict what's stored in future

,people very generously adopting Pants success these days when almost everyone in this very forum was abusing him and criticizing him 24×7,

Pant has some character,but we need to wait till the end of this WC and see how these players (the newcomers)unfold when "hopefully " the new regime takes over

I will certainly wait for another year and half for Gill

This TM is notorious for suppressing natural instincts of a player,Rahul Dravid was ready to drop Pant for KL

Even Pant has to mould his game to the likings of this TM,

Gill looks laidback,but he surely needs backing,just bear it for an year atleast, hopefully he will come to his own

Ok.  Looks to me as a bit of a fair analysis.   BTW, what is your take on Jaiswal as an Odi opener?   (Especially considering that we badly need left handed batsmen in top order to counter the likes of Shaheen/Boult/Starc etc)

Lol at these idiots. 

The only reason India has been able to defeat Pakistan lately is Kohli. 

He has been the only difference between both the teams. 

How easily we forget things. 

I am 100% assured of him winning us another match vs Pakistan and the same guys will bow before him. 

It was his first match after some time, was a bit rusty, he will be back to his best. 

11 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Lol at these idiots. 

The only reason India has been able to defeat Pakistan lately is Kohli. 

He has been the only difference between both the teams. 

How easily we forget things. 

I am 100% assured of him winning us another match vs Pakistan and the same guys will bow before him. 

It was his first match after some time, was a bit rusty, he will be back to his best. 

They are saying separate them not criticizing Kohli

16 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Ok.  Looks to me as a bit of a fair analysis.   BTW, what is your take on Jaiswal as an Odi opener?   (Especially considering that we badly need left handed batsmen in top order to counter the likes of Shaheen/Boult/Starc etc)

Jaiswal is a great prospect besides being LHB,we desperately need one at the top

I have seen him switch gears,he can hit from ball one to consolidate firm as well

57 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Criticizing Gill is fine, he need to work on his game and be serious.

But I fail to understand why we're not addressing the elephants in room..aka Kohli and Rohit.

In 2011 WC, Kohli didn't blew everyone out despite playing international cricket from 2008..still we were able to roll through because we had established players around him who were able to absorb the failures..why Kohli and Rohit are unable to provide that cushion ? Even Jadeja who is a senior still performs like a newbie player in crunch circumstances. There is no assurance in his game.

Nowadays BCCI don't conduct press conference and when they do, even the journalists don't ask them tough questions, hence players are free to do what they want. When they are even scared about tough questions from journalists, how do they will perform well in tough real match situations ?

Rohit's form is a big worry and since we aren't expecting much from Shubman (investment) this WC our top order is 2/3 useless.

Not worried about Kohli, it is all about focus for him. He wasn't in touch last year too but regained his mojo in Asia cup last year and had a good world cup.

Also I feel he looked okay yesterday just that ball didn't bounce as much and got chopped on.