South Africa vs India ODI 17/12/23

Sooda

After the inevitable group stage exit from the world cup, all the room temperature IQ experts , fans and journalists will call for more eggsperience in the team and SOS will be sent out to all the old age homes in the country. Bumrah, Iyer, Rahul will all be in hospital beds nursing injuries, Vadapav would be sacked and Pandya would have retired from all cricket except I Pee El.

Likely XI.

Dhawan

Rahane

Kohli

Pujara

DK

Kedhar Jadav

Jadeja

Boobi Kumar

Undercutter

Mohit Sharma

Yuzvendra Chawal

:dance:

35 minutes ago, Norman said:

After the inevitable group stage exit from the world cup, all the room temperature IQ experts , fans and journalists will call for more eggsperience in the team and SOS will be sent out to all the old age homes in the country. Bumrah, Iyer, Rahul will all be in hospital beds nursing injuries, Vadapav would be sacked and Pandya would have retired from all cricket except I Pee El.

Likely XI.

Dhawan

Rahane

Kohli

Pujara

DK

Kedhar Jadav

Jadeja

Boobi Kumar

Undercutter

Mohit Sharma

Yuzvendra Chawal

:dance:

I knew someone would reply like this

:facepalm:

Rohit is only 36.  He will play till 2026 and when he gets fatter and strike rate drops to 70, management will drop him and select a youngster beauty and give 5 games to that guy - maybe Yashaswi to prove himself.

Kohli is a lock for 2027 World Cup because he won't be 40 even then because he played the greatest T20 knock of all time at MCG in 2022. So he's earned 5 years in all formats and probably another 2 for RCB

Bumrah and Shami won't play because Bumrah needs time to break his back once more and not play until next World Cup.  

Shami needs time to lose more hair while others bowl in the meantime. 

India will start playing 7 bowlers because Rohit will realise that India lost this World Cup due to lack of bowling depth

1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

After Semi final exit, India will rest the seniors as usual long season, tired bodies etc.. 

Gill

Jaiswal

Verma

SKY

Iyer

Kishan

Sindhu

Hangargekar

Bishnoi

Harshit

Tyagi

Good team! TYagi has barely played any cricket and so should not feature and there are probably couple of players like SUndar if fit and certainly Axar who should be instead of Sindhu

Would definitely like to see one or both of Rana and Hangargekar

Edited by Sooda

1. Gill

2. Jaiswal

3. Kishan ( wk ) 

4. Shreyas 

5. Hardik 

6. Rinku 

7. Washington 

8. Harshit Rana .. can bat 

9. Tyagi .. can bat 

10. Kuldeep Yadav

11. Prasidh 

12. Ruturaj 

13. Tilak 

14. Rahul Chahar 

15. Mayank Yadav 

16. Kuldeep Sen 

.... I will rest Bumrah and Siraj after 2 gruelling tournaments

....  And remove oldies like Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja and Shami with a view to building a team for WC 2027. 

Edited by express bowling
10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1. Gill

2. Jaiswal

3. Kishan ( wk ) 

4. Shreyas 

5. Hardik 

6. Rinku 

7. Washington 

9. Tyagi .. can bat 

10. Kuldeep Yadav

11. Prasidh 

12. Ruturaj 

13. Tilak 

14. Rahul Chahar 

15. Mayank Yadav 

16. Kuldeep Sen 

....  And remove oldies like Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja and Shami with a view to building a team for WC 2027. 

This is an exciting looking team. Definitely agree on phasing/booting out anyone early 30's and above in age - of course it wont happen. There is enough experience for us to carry on without Rohit and Virat even abruptly.

Tyagi as in Kartik? For all his potential Tyagi has barely played enough cricket and theres pacemen who have done well who should feature instead IMO: Yash Thakur, Kaverappa, Mavi

Viewership of IPL will decide team combinations going forward, speaking generally

None of the seniors are going away,Rohit may just(but there is a 'may' and a 'just')

I have lost all interest to watch live "Team India" in any format,since 2019 SF

Just come here,get updates instead I watch some of the league highlights

So much of corruption,senior dominance,pampering will easily drive away audience

They don't care anyway

Sick of RHBs, want loads of LHBs in future teams. 

Jaiswal

Gill (Sai Sudarshan if Gill flops in the WC)

Tilak

Pant (wk)

Kishan

Hardik

Rinku

Rana

Bumrah

Siraj

Kuldeep Yadav

Gaekwad, Shreyas (lot depends on how he fares in the WC, even if he has glaring technical issues, I'll want him provided he shows mental toughness), Sundar, Hangargekar, Bishnoi, Tyagi, Prasidh, Kuldeep Sen

2 hours ago, Sooda said:

This is an exciting looking team. Definitely agree on phasing/booting out anyone early 30's and above in age - of course it wont happen. There is enough experience for us to carry on without Rohit and Virat even abruptly.

Tyagi as in Kartik? For all his potential Tyagi has barely played enough cricket and theres pacemen who have done well who should feature instead IMO: Yash Thakur, Kaverappa, Mavi

Mavi has been very innocuous in the last 18 months or so.

Kaverappa bowls at 125 k and that is not international level speed.

The new pacers I have included all have stellar List A records 

Mayank Yadav .... 28 wickets from 12 List A matches. Was amazing in the just concluded Zonal List A tournament.

Kartik.Tyagi .... 20 wickets from 12 List A matches. He is bowling great yorkers in the UP T20 and just took a hattrick. Can bat too. 

Harshit Rana .... 12 wickets from 9 List A matches plus can bat and hit big. 

Kuldeep Sen .... 27 wickets from 14 List A matches and was great in the last VHT. 

Plus all these pacers are really tall and 145 k+. 

Edited by express bowling
5 hours ago, Sooda said:

India's first ODI after the world cup, and of course a lot hinges upon performances over the next two months... but, what would you like to see as your ideal starting 11 on that day given the conditions and what should be the dawn of a new era (LOL)

1. Jaiswal

2. Ruturaj

3. Gill

4. Kishan (wk)

5. Rinku

6. Hardik (c)

7. Sundar

8. Hangargekar

9. Bishnoi

10. Tyagi

11. Prasidh

Edited by singhvivek141
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

1. Gill

2. Jaiswal

3. Kishan ( wk ) 

4. Shreyas 

5. Hardik 

6. Rinku 

7. Washington 

9. Tyagi .. can bat 

10. Kuldeep Yadav

11. Prasidh 

12. Ruturaj 

13. Tilak 

14. Rahul Chahar 

15. Mayank Yadav 

16. Kuldeep Sen 

Very good team Bhai, 

I went with Hangargekar above Harshit is because he can bowl in death, Harshit still need to learn that. Also Hangargekar seems a better batsman than Harshit...but it's just a 19/20 scene in my opinion. Both are very good players.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very true.

Most teams from India just consist of IPL.stars and established seniors irrespective of their performances.

BCCI will never allow Indian players overseas to only assure IPL is intact

Indian players get free passasge in all sides here,atleast they should make it 6-5to make it more quality and competitive for domestic players

Even Ranji has so many sides which are loaded with average to below average guys in main side and bench

Why are they not looking into this? Pakistan very rightly reduced number of domestic sides from their domestic trophy now it has started showing results,they have leaned early and doing the right thing in right direction

We are arrogant,easy money has currupted their rationale

5 hours ago, Sooda said:

I knew someone would reply like this

:facepalm:

Apologies...I got carried away by the hate for this phattu conservative TM. 

Anyways, realistically Rohit will retire from all formats post the World Cup. Unless ofcourse , if we miraculously win it somehow. But that's highly unlikely so I'll ignore that possibility.

Kohli will probably "rest" from all bilateral ODIs just like how he's being "rested" in T20is now. Shami will be phased out for sure..and so will Jadeja.

So the team will probably look like this at full strength..

Jaiswal

Gill

KL Rahul

Iyer

Kishan/Pant

Pandya

Sundar

Bumrah

Siraj

Prasidh

Kuldeep

Gaikwad

Tilak

Axar/Bishnoi

Mukesh Kumar (yes he's not going anywhere after "impressive" performances in WI)