G20 Summit in Delhi

jf1gp_1

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

We are in Amrit Kaal, heading towards Vishwaguru status maybe in 20 years time :isalute:. Hope our ICFers based in USA, UK, Canada, elsewhere come back to their motherland in the near future. 

Not all in the world are fortunate to have the same janmabhoomi and karmabhooni. I tried coming back in 2015 and I can’t afford a job that pays for all my family needs, hoping to retire in Bharat. :isalute:

31 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

@gattaca @coffee_rules

I get all everything you are saying, but the whole public posturing reminded me of 13-yr old kid drama. 

Kaneda has been a thorn in our flesh ever since 1985. All posturing is from their side treating India with a supremacist attitude, . Really wish India has display a Republic day tableau with India army killing Khalistanis and claim it is FOE. Then they cry HR violation.

https://x.com/ani/status/1700829504602874110?s=46

https://x.com/ani/status/1700832049891008702?s=46

Edited by coffee_rules

13 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Not all in the world are fortunate to have the same janmabhoomi and karmabhooni. I tried coming back in 2015 and I can’t afford a job that pays for all my family needs, hoping to retire in Bharat. :isalute:

And, for me, in the process, I immersed myself into and came to love aspects of the culture of my karmabhoomi, too. I feel fortunate to have imbibed aspects of both. Today, I claim one main identity - a human with my individual culture with bhoomi as my homeland.

In any case, I wonder how thinly do we need to slice bhoomi to define one's janmabhoomi?  My father was born in Kerala. He moved from Kerala to Kolkata to Bengaluru. Should he have moved back to Kerala to fulfill some cultural obligation?  

Should I return to Bharat? Should I return to Karnataka? Bengaluru? Rajajinagara? Chord Road? 

And who decides?  

Sunday afternoon musings.

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Kaneda has been a thorn in our flesh ever since 1985. All posturing is from their side treating India with a supremacist attitude, . Really wish India has display a Republic day tableau with India army killing Khalistanis and claim it is FOE. Then they cry HR violation.

https://x.com/ani/status/1700829504602874110?s=46

I get all that. Deal with it govt to govt. It's just the public "you are not invited to this party" from one side and "You are so mean I am going to cry" from the other side that I am criticizing.

19 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I get all that. Deal with it govt to govt. It's just the public "you are not invited to this party" from one side and "You are so mean I am going to cry" from the other side that I am criticizing.

So far all interpretations are conjectures. Neither of the parties have confirmed anything. He has not been insulted in anyway. Ofcourse given his conduct,  he has been duly given the required diplomatic respect and no more. This is the language of diplomacy. That's how it rolls. 

9 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

This is the language of diplomacy. That's how it rolls. 

And that is what I wonder about. Protocols. Procedures. Rules of engagement. Posturing.

Who decides? Based on what? There is just an overall lack of genuine, sincere engagement of leaders focused on the welfare of all people. And, to me, therein lies the pity. 

40 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

And, for me, in the process, I immersed myself into and came to love aspects of the culture of my karmabhoomi, too. I feel fortunate to have imbibed aspects of both. Today, I claim one main identity - a human with my individual culture with bhoomi as my homeland.

In any case, I wonder how thinly do we need to slice bhoomi to define one's janmabhoomi?  My father was born in Kerala. He moved from Kerala to Kolkata to Bengaluru. Should he have moved back to Kerala to fulfill some cultural obligation?  

Should I return to Bharat? Should I return to Karnataka? Bengaluru? Rajajinagara? Chord Road? 

And who decides?  

Sunday afternoon musings.

Annei, doesn’t matter, everything is Bharata!

17 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

So far all interpretations are conjectures. Neither of the parties have confirmed anything. He has not been insulted in anyway. Ofcourse given his conduct,  he has been duly given the required diplomatic respect and no more. This is the language of diplomacy. That's how it rolls. 

The leading question from a western journalist (kanedian assuming) in the second tweet I posted, indicates a strained relationship between Modi and Trudeau. He answered it in a deep state response. There are personal traits and egos even among foreign leaders as they are after all humans . and then there is deep state. What we see outwardly looks like petty clashes. @BacktoCricaddict

Good strong message from Modi to Trudeau. Trudeau is almost certainly going to be out when elections are held in Canada. He is massively unpopular. Instead of trying to address issues like unaffordable housing, he is still pandering to the shenanigans of Khalistani elements. He needs to learn a lesson from the example of Pakistan. When you keep pet snakes to attack your neighbor, the snakes can end up biting you as well. 

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

While some Congress leaders like Tharoor and MMS have praised India’s diplomatic success of G20 summit, for the Congress scion it is “Inke G20”! Is it BJP’s G20. They can’t see beyond party politics. Tuch log!

https://x.com/shivaroor/status/1701234445632586207?s=46

Tharoor comes across as a reasonable opposition leader, who praises good work and critiques work that does not align with his political ideology. This is healthy for democracy. 

All other Congress guys (Kharge, Gandhis and their loyal brigade), Kejris, Mamtas, KCRs et all have taken the word "opposition" too literally. 

Accha kaam karo to bhi opposition, bura kaam karo to aur jyada opposition. They have even gone to thr extent of shaming India internationally just to satisfy their personal political goals. Ye log to desh ki ijjat bhi nikalne se nahi mukarte. Shameful!

On 9/11/2023 at 12:36 AM, coffee_rules said:

The leading question from a western journalist (kanedian assuming) in the second tweet I posted, indicates a strained relationship between Modi and Trudeau. He answered it in a deep state response. There are personal traits and egos even among foreign leaders as they are after all humans . and then there is deep state. What we see outwardly looks like petty clashes. @BacktoCricaddict

Last year Trudeau was supposed to have been rebuked by Chinese president publicly and this year by Modi... 

8 hours ago, diga said:

Finally went home after getting stranded for 36 hours! bure karmon ka nateeja.