India Squad for first 2 ODI's vs Australia

singhvivek141

12 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

This is only thing to look forward. One of these three will be making to WC squad. 

The way i see it as an overall packages they are all the same with Jaddu  has better fielding credentials. Axar better striking credentials. Ashwin has more bowling credentials in Indian conditions. Sundar bit of eveything although i must say he has improved as a bowler. But as a batsman he is still stuck as support cast.  Ideally you would want a genuine batsman who can roll his arm over.  We have very option. Untested Tilak, Untested Jaiswal. Untested RIyan Parag, Untested Nitish Rana

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Gaikwad won't get a game...  Probably with the squad as a cover.  Tilak may get both games. 

Both not in final game squad.  So that means it will serve as their Asian Games Prep

Gaikwad is an absolute monster in Indian conditions in the 50 over format. It is a travesty he is competing for opener spot. He has 15 centuries 16 fifties at an average of 60 with a strike rate over 100. Jaiswal also averages 53 albeit strike rate under 100.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

At this point this is blatantly obvious with more sponsors more you are likely to be backed. Sanju should hit the gym develop six pack and do some promotion. He will find it easier.

Sanju has the looks and some ads though

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

SKY is still in the reckoning :facepalm: I feel for Sanju Samson who brings more to the table. He is a keeper. He has done better than SKY in the ODIs.

SKY kep on sweeping..and was a matter of time fall on Shakib's guile..he plays well over extra cover in T20s..not sure why he didnt try that against him..with bit of footwork..he is quite predictable in ODIs..seems need to spend good time in domestic list A setup first..let him play only T20Is for now..no need to ruin him..

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Gaikwad is an absolute monster in Indian conditions in the 50 over format. It is a travesty he is competing for opener spot. He has 15 centuries 16 fifties at an average of 60 with a strike rate over 100. Jaiswal also averages 53 albeit strike rate under 100.

Gaikwad failed in all LOI games even in India. List A is very low standard.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Gaikwad needs to prove himself in Asian Games.  I feel Jaiswal will edge him out sooner to partner Gill at the top. 

Thrown aside like trash in LOIs, and now suddenly handed the captaincy after just one series? Life's come full circle for KL Rahul, but I still can't wrap my head around him being a tough-as-nails player, especially when the going gets tough for Team India at home. The way he's been appointed captain out of the blue, it's a total circus with this Indian team, honestly!

Just now, Lord said:

Gaikwad failed in all LOI games even in India. List A is very low standard.

He has played only 2 ODIs. Only one in India which was his debut match. Bit nervous. In T20 he plays a specific role for CSK. That role is not there for him with Indian set up. So unlikely to succeed immediately. But in ODIs he deserves chances more than SKY. Just because it is domestic it is not easy. SKY has a grand total of 3 centuries in 130 List A games. Ruturaj in 4 matches got 4 2 seasons back including a double century.