Shami vs Shardul - What is your pick ?

Number

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Parag in a domestic final yesterday

https://www.cricket.com/live-score/233264/scorecard/jkc-vs-asc-final-1st-bhairab-chandra-mahanti-memorial-t20-cricket-tournament-2023

119(56) with 9 sixes in a T20 batting at 4.

Also took 2 for 33 in 4 overs

We are stuck with fake all rounders.

Parag , been calling for him to be in the set up for some time. His below par IPL will have hurt his chances, but he should be at least in the ODI team soon. Hopefully straight after WC

16 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

If your best bowlers are getting hit, there's no need for a fall back option. If your best bowlers are getting hit, that's a risk that a team has to be prepared to take. Even Zampa got for 110 runs recently. Australia didn't panic and play extra bowlers and reduce batting strength.

Besides, if Kuldeep is getting hit, there's no guarantee that Jadeja won't. 

You have batting until 7 to chase 330 scores. 

At full strength , Australia are blessed with a clutch of batsmen who can bowl in Maxwell, Marsh, Green and Stonis. Agar can bat, Starc and Cummins are not mugs - we are seriously lacking on all those fronts

23 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

If your best bowlers are getting hit, there's no need for a fall back option. If your best bowlers are getting hit, that's a risk that a team has to be prepared to take. Even Zampa got for 110 runs recently. Australia didn't panic and play extra bowlers and reduce batting strength.

Besides, if Kuldeep is getting hit, there's no guarantee that Jadeja won't. 

You have batting until 7 to chase 330 scores. 

... and actually I disagree, if a front line bowler or 5th bowler is having a bad day, having a 6th option who can contribute - Thakur for all his flaws does pick wickets, can not deny that - makes a difference...

33 minutes ago, Sooda said:

... and actually I disagree, if a front line bowler or 5th bowler is having a bad day, having a 6th option who can contribute - Thakur for all his flaws does pick wickets, can not deny that - makes a difference...

Then we will keep failing in tight chases when the ball swings upfront unless bowlers can bowl out opposition for 280 on every track. 

You can play even 7 bowlers but that won't happen. 

The fact that none of our batsmen can even bowl at DDS level is totally their lack of intent in doing so .

The batting heavy balance is what works.

On 9/22/2023 at 3:56 PM, putrevus said:

Personally I don't think Sundar is number 6.He is little better version of Ashwin at number 8 with far inferior bowling ability.Tilak can be that number 6 , he has looked good so far where ever he has played.But Dravid seems to have closed the door on him.

If Tilak is good at number 6.Yuvi made his debut in big tournament, why can't Tilak do it?

India instantly becomes a  far better balanced  team. Thakur is not needed then.

Imagine a bowling lineup Bumrah,Shami,Siraj, Pandya and Kuldeep with Ashwin/jadeja/Sundar doing that fifth bowler's role

It is long tournament there wil be some more injuries on the way. Hoping for the best..

personally you are the guy who thinks Hardik Pandya isn't a good whiteball cricketer because he doesn't have a century right?

Sundar has 3 format Steve Smith level batting potential - thats what I personally think.  And he's absolutely good enough to bat in top 5 in ODIs.

40 minutes ago, sandeep said:

personally you are the guy who thinks Hardik Pandya isn't a good whiteball cricketer because he doesn't have a century right?

Sundar has 3 format Steve Smith level batting potential - thats what I personally think.  And he's absolutely good enough to bat in top 5 in ODIs.

It took Hardik to become somewhat relevant in any cricket after 6-7 years in international cricket . So take it easy in blowing his trumpet. He has become more relvant as top order from India don't bowl .

Don't start over virtues of Hardik.I know how good he is in reality.

I will happy to proven wrong about Sundar , no he is not good enough be number 6 forget top order.

Edited by putrevus
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It took Hardik to become somewhat relevant in any cricket after 6-7 years in international cricket . So take it easy in blowing his trumpet. He has become more relvant as top order from India don't bowl .

Don't start over virtues of Hardik.I know how good he is in reality.

I will happy to proven wrong about Sundar , no he is not good enough be number 6 forget top order.

I love how you are simply unable to digest facts and keep going down with the sinking ship of an incorrect assessment.  There's something to be said about consistency they say.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

This is becoming clear now. If they still want batting depth, Ashwin is still better option than Thakur

Thakur can neither field, batting declined and can be hit in bowling

Bowling combo 3+3  or 4+2  that will decide who will play.  On some pitches pace is good. ons ome spin is good.  Problem si Kuldeep is undroppable. Kuldeep/Bumrah/SIraj/Jadeja - Guaranteed selection. That one spot  will be between Ashwin, Thakur, Shami.