India vs Pakistan | Pre match discussion

8 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I really hope that's the right decision. Everything suggests that its a chasing venue.

In T20 I agree...  But in ODIs & in a big game where second inns doesn't starts at night..  I will be more confident batting first. 

I think Pakistan will too prefer batting . 

The Lankan bowling that day was the worst I have seen in a long long while...  I think Dutch or even Irish bowlers would have defended 340+ in Hyderabad. 

Indian bowling would bury them under scoreboard pressure..  Even a 280-290 chase would be nigh on impossible. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

I think we should chase here ,I can't see Pakistan trying to set a big total if they bat first ,they are a meek batting side which generally restricts itself to 280-300 even on flat decks because of the ultra superior confidence they have in their bowlers.

India should absolutely fancy themselves to chase a total below 300 

16 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

In T20 I agree...  But in ODIs & in a big game where second inns doesn't starts at night..  I will be more confident batting first. 

I think Pakistan will too prefer batting . 

The Lankan bowling that day was the worst I have seen in a long long while...  I think Dutch or even Irish bowlers would have defended 340+ in Hyderabad. 

Indian bowling would bury them under scoreboard pressure..  Even a 280-290 chase would be nigh on impossible. 

Its not about the bowling.  Under lights, it's hard to defend and the ball does not do jack. We are 2 playing 2 spinners no matterwhat and the ball does not gip under lights and the ball will disappear to all parts 

2nd innings in Motera

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;ground=840;innings_number=2;orderby=runs_per_over;spanmin1=15+Jul+1971;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team;view=innings

1st  innings in Motera

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;ground=840;innings_number=1;orderby=team_score;spanmin1=15+Jul+1971;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team;view=innings

Batting first has only been defended against Zimbabwe and West Indies successfully. Chasing has been easier at this venue.

Cricviz measured swing to be least here so there is no threat to batting under lights.  From the evidence of ENG vs NZ, there was a huge difference between batting first and 2nd.   Good length and hard lengths were safe to bowl in first innings whereas in 2nd innings there is no margin for error.

No grip for spinners either.

9 minutes ago, adi B said:

I think we should chase here ,I can't see Pakistan trying to set a big total if they bat first ,they are a meek batting side which generally restricts itself to 280-300 even on flat decks because of the ultra superior confidence they have in their bowlers.

India should absolutely fancy themselves to chase a total below 300 

Not just that. They are already a slow starting lineup and any grip in the surface will slow them down further. If England couldn't score more than 283 , they are definitely not scoring anything above that.

Shami should play

IPl record of Indians at Modi stadium

Shami :   13 matches 20 wickets  18.10 avge 14.60 strike rate 7.44 ER

Bumrah    1 match 0/23 7.67 ER

Pandya     9 matches  5 wickets  32.80 avge 24.00 strike 8.20 ER

Siraj         3 matches 1 wickets 99.0 avge 54.00 strike rate 11.00 ER

Kuldeep    1 match 1 wickets 15.0 avge 24.00 Strike rate  3.75 ER

Thakur      1 match 0 wickets  - - 13.33 ER

Jadeja        3 matches 3 wickets 31.67 avge 24.00 SR 7.92 ER

Ashwin     4 matches 1 wicket  121.00 avge 78.00 SR 9.31 ER

5 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

Looks like it will be a flat pitch.

I hope they pick Ashwin over Thakur.

There's no way we take all 10 wickets. It will be economical bowling that's more important

Taking wickets is more effective at reducing run rate then economical line and length bowling. Wickets in hand at the end allows the batting team to plunder bowlers.

@express bowling

I hope Uncle Kohli doesnt come out and tell the crowd to stop booing and abusing the Pakistan players. He is not in any position to dictate how vocal or negative the crowd is towards Pakistan.

Its so hypocritical given the way he carries on in IPL and as if it is up to him if the crowd should either support or not support a player.

While I have no ill feeling towards Pakistanis or Muslims, I support my Indian brothers. I hope tonight's crowd is loud, vocal and aggressive in their support of India and especially the booing of Pakistan. Will make for a great spectacle on TV.

The India V Pakistan game that I saw live in Melbourne was one of the greatest games I have seen in terms of crowd involvement.

1 minute ago, Lala_is_back said:

We are quite happy to win this match than winning WC. :cantstop:

This win feels us more satisfaction like we won the WC. :cantstop:

Thats the feeling I get sitting here in Australia.

In fact India losing tonight, may not be a bad thing if its the only tournament game we lose, it will make sure we dont take any game for granted in semi's and final.