This must be the end of Iyer's international career

Gollum

50 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

SKY and Iyer must play all the three remaining games, its the only way then to pick the best player out of them.

If Pandya is fit and can bowl, he automatically comes in.

What will that prove ? Iyer has convinced one and all that he is not convincing against the short ball. Plus mentally he seems not matured enough to play the big teams. 

15 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

What will that prove ? Iyer has convinced one and all that he is not convincing against the short ball. Plus mentally he seems not matured enough to play the big teams. 

Plus he is occupying an eminent no 4 position.. u can't have a dud no 4 playing for India in KOs specially against Sa/Nz/Aus..

Iyer nd siraj are the only weak links in this Indian lineup.. with thakur being rightly warming the bench..

31 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

12 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

Plus he is occupying an eminent no 4 position.. u can't have a dud no 4 playing for India in KOs specially against Sa/Nz/Aus..

Iyer nd siraj are the only weak links in this Indian lineup.. with thakur being rightly warming the bench..

I wouldnt play Iyer and Thakur in a full strength team to chose from in our given squad.

On 10/31/2023 at 7:41 AM, IndiaWC8311 said:

Yes, something similar. I'll be writing an article on bombay lobby shortly

In short, the Bombay lobby is powerful in cricket and has been for decades. In a nutshell, undeserving players get a chance and even after failures repeatedly get chance after chance if they have the bombay lobby. Lobby comprises ex bombay cricketers who unfortunately have too much media access and power and will unbashingly attack non bombay players and play down their achievements while constantly lauding and backing mediocre players from bombay - e.g. Shreyas Iyer, Thakur, fatty Ramesh pawar

The cheerleaders for the lobby are so many but primary ones are gavaskar, tendulkar, manjrekar, agarkar etc

Also, this lobby goes back decades. If I am to go back in time the likes of khnadu ragnekar, chandrakant patankar, hardikar, rmnath parkar, ghulam parkar, aaviskar salvi, dhawal kulkarni and at least 25 other cricketers from bombay undeservedly played for india

@Gollum @Lord can add more. 

@Laaloo this is education for you

And who picked gulam parkar - Captain Gavaskar for English tour .

18 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

SL attack isnt that bad though

Madhushanka and Theekshana are decent.

Imagine him going for a pull off Mitchell Starch and India is 40/ 2 in semi finals. That day it will hurt as hell. This will be on Rohit and Rahul. 

The guy is suspect and ready for the taking on short ball. It's foolish to see it any other way. 

31 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

catch 22 situation. Now i do not see him getting dropped the way Rohit said they will back him fully. Pray Iyer uses common sense and does not go at every short ball . Only other way is play SKY as well Iyer, as TM will not drop Iyer it seems 

They won't. May be they can slide him to no.5 if we have 2 wickets early. He can play long and play percentage cricket.  SKy is yet to prove he can play a long innings in ODI.

8 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Imagine him going for a pull off Mitchell Starch and India is 40/ 2 in semi finals. That day it will hurt as hell. This will be on Rohit and Rahul. 

The guy is suspect and ready for the taking on short ball. It's foolish to see it any other way. 

Who can we take at this point though? Selection is done.

3 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I would go with Ishan Kishan. Also because he is left hander. Not my fav but given the options and exposed weakness of Iyer , for now I would keep him away. 

Forget about it. They ain't dropping him for this. His weakness was identifed more than an year back. He is still making runs consistently.  They will back him. Kishan is a tuk tuk boy in the middle overs. He literally gets stuck.