Chief selector Agarkar salary hiked by 200 %

This news is a little stale don’t know if it was discussed previously … find it astonishing that to accommodate Agarkar BCCI upped the chief selector salary from 1 cr to 3 cr. 

This could not have happened without strong lobby support warna aisa Kya bechta hai Agarkar. 

what is surprising is that based on the news no one else was interviewed after Agarkar expressed interest. 

The chief selector job seems to be the most neglected and chalta hai attitude kind of role. 

One of the national selectors Salil Ankola had to undergo rehabilitation for alcohol addiction. 

No wonder sometimes we wonder why does so much supposed talent doesn’t come out in the open when the selector and chief selector role is a free fund role. 

Nothing shows BCCIs lack of professionalism more than this. 

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/bcci-to-hike-chief-selectors-salary-after-ajit-agarkar-appointment-ex-pacer-set-to-earn-rs-3-crore-report-article-101504739/amp

Edited by rangeelaraja

Based on the article I would not be surprised if the cricket legend that told Agarkar to apply is Sachin. In fact it is obvious for anyone who understands the relationship between these two and politics of Mumbai cricket . Just fathom this - after the

“legend “ encouraged Agarkar to apply.  Nobody else was interviewed for the chief selector role. 

This kind of shyte can only happen in a third world culture - yeh mera aadmi hai isko lelo. 

No professionalism in process no transparent SOP. 

20 minutes ago, diga said:

Could be Gavaskar too

No. 

2/3 The Cricket Advisory Committee ( CAC ) members that appoints the Chief Selector ....comprises of Mumbai cricketers - Sulakshana Naik and Jatin Paranjape.

Jatin Paranjape is very close buddy of Sachin - all 3 - Sachin, Jatin Paranjape and Agarkar coached by Ramakant Achrekar and are very tight.

The connection seems very obvious. It is 99.99 % Sachin.

I have no issue with whoever is the chief selector.  The issue here is a lack of due process and merit. 

Just playing test cricket and T20 is not a qualification to appointment someone as chief cricket selector of India - which is an extremely critical & responsible role.

It is disgraceful that it has become all about connections and someone getting a free fund.

Whether it is Sachin or Gavaskar - isn't it disgraceful that even among the greats - a third world culture of " mera aadmi hai " is followed. 

We should not blame babus. Some of our cricketing greats are pathetic. 

3 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

No. 

2/3 The Cricket Advisory Committee ( CAC ) members that appoints the Chief Selector ....comprises of Mumbai cricketers - Sulakshana Naik and Jatin Paranjape.

Jatin Paranjape is very close buddy of Sachin - all 3 - Sachin, Jatin Paranjape and Agarkar coached by Ramakant Achrekar and are very tight.

The connection seems very obvious. It is 99.99 % Sachin.

I have no issue with whoever is the chief selector.  The issue here is a lack of due process and merit. 

Just playing test cricket and T20 is not a qualification to appointment someone as chief cricket selector of India - which is an extremely critical & responsible role.

It is disgraceful that it has become all about connections and someone getting a free fund.

Whether it is Sachin or Gavaskar - isn't it disgraceful that even among the greats - a third world culture of " mera aadmi hai " is followed. 

We should not blame babus. Some of our cricketing greats are pathetic. 

the issue is the only other person available was venkatesh prasad whose twitter statements are faster than his bowling speed..bcci wanted to play safe.. you need a proper test cricketer to be chairman of selection committee..cant have ankola etc

I don't mind the chief selector getting 3 crore annually. They can even get 5 cr. But the problem is that this should not be fixed. The fixed portion of their pay should be small (like 40-50 lakhs). The rest should be variable. If India wins the World Cup, each selector should get a 4 cr bonus. If India wins an away Test series in SENA, each selector should get a 2 cr bonus and so on.

32 minutes ago, Texan said:

I don't mind the chief selector getting 3 crore annually. They can even get 5 cr. But the problem is that this should not be fixed. The fixed portion of their pay should be small (like 40-50 lakhs). The rest should be variable. If India wins the World Cup, each selector should get a 4 cr bonus. If India wins an away Test series in SENA, each selector should get a 2 cr bonus and so on.

Could not agree more.

3-5 crs, barely 5-600k, so for such a big organization its not much. As long as performances are good… he is ok. If team is performing badly time to fire him and get a new one. But dont know why such medio-core  minded players been picked ad chief selector. Ganguly i thought would do good but he got sacked.

On 10/5/2023 at 2:48 PM, Forever Indian said:

It is all under Jay Shah's close oversight :bandit:

12 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Based on the article I would not be surprised if the cricket legend that told Agarkar to apply is Sachin. In fact it is obvious for anyone who understands the relationship between these two and politics of Mumbai cricket . Just fathom this - after the

“legend “ encouraged Agarkar to apply.  Nobody else was interviewed for the chief selector role. 

This kind of shyte can only happen in a third world culture - yeh mera aadmi hai isko lelo. 

No professionalism in process no transparent SOP. 

Good point. I think Sachin is getting paid underhand. Bombay lobby is shameless and will do anything to get their guys in any and all posiitons

On 10/30/2023 at 5:24 PM, Texan said:

all cricketing salaries should be performance based ranging from coaches and selectors to staff (e.g., physios) and players.

If he selects a pool of good fast bowlers and ensures a process whereby majority of the below  pacers become members of some team either in india short format , India Test team or India A  teams in next 2 years and helps BCCI in setting up a coaching set up for emerging pacers - he is worth his pay.

GO Aggers , GO Do it....

Prasidh,Mayak Yadav, Tyagi, Kaverappa ,Harshi Rana, Umran, Raj Angad, Hangargekar, Mohsin Khan , Arshdeep... 

2 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

If he selects a pool of good fast bowlers and ensures a process whereby majority of the below  pacers become members of some team either in india short format , India Test team or India A  teams in next 2 years and helps BCCI in setting up a coaching set up for emerging pacers - he is worth his pay.

GO Aggers , GO Do it....

Prasidh,Mayak Yadav, Tyagi, Kaverappa ,Harshi Rana, Umran, Raj Angad, Hangargekar, Mohsin Khan , Arshdeep... 

Challenge coming up is to have succession in place for Kohli, Rohit, Shami

2 hours ago, diga said:

Challenge coming up is to have succession in place for Kohli, Rohit, Shami

We need to move on. I feel 4-5 really good batters in the Xi will make the team better than 1-2 superstars. Not worried a great deal about batting . 

I think we have the core in Gill, Jaiswal, Pant, KL, Tilak , Sai  to carry that forward, 

Performance might dip a bit during transmission till these guys mature in ODI , but not in T20. Tests are the real  iffy esp. in SENA.

3 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

We need to move on. I feel 4-5 really good batters in the Xi will make the team better than 1-2 superstars. Not worried a great deal about batting . 

I think we have the core in Gill, Jaiswal, Pant, KL, Tilak , Sai  to carry that forward, 

Performance might dip a bit during transmission till these guys mature in ODI , but not in T20. Tests are the real  iffy esp. in SENA.

Bigger challenge is finding the replacement for Ashwin+Jadeja in Tests. Pujara, Rahane and Virat have not been so great for good amount of time now. We wont miss much in the middle order and others will pick up.