The Wankhede potential issue

Seems like Wankhede is overwhelmingly in favor of team bowling second. The ball is swinging/seaming and also spinning under lights. In afternoon, barring first few overs, it is a batting paradise.

Most likely India is going to play it's semifinal in Wankhede. We should pray that we don't lose toss :pray:

India does have all bases covered but losing toss will most likely neutralise any form advantage we have so far...

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

We cannot react to every match. We chased 270+ to win the cup here

This WC in Wankhede, these were the scores batting first and second

1) SA - 399; Eng - 170 - win by 229 runs

2) SA - 382; Ban - 233 - win by 149 runs

3) Ind - 357; SL - 55 - win by 302 runs

Even this match, barring the Maxwell miracle and dropped catches it would have been a big Afghanistan win.

So, clearly the team batting first has a big advantage!!

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG HERE:

Have you ever noted Rohit Sharma viewing the toss result to verify what the match referee is saying ?

The dumb ass ALWAYS tosses the coin 2 meters away from where he is standing, the match referee bends down to see, which side the coin flipped.

NOBODY but the match referee seems to bend down to actually see what the toss reads.

Given how much we are hated in world cricket, will you be surprised if a rogue match referee, awards the toss to anyone who plays India in the semis and or finals.

Why do you think India for the last several years has lost most if not all crucial knockout game tosses.

The least that Rohit Sharma can do is verify himself what the toss is or atleast somebody from the broadcast team should pan the camera down to validate what the match referee is saying.

I feel almost 100 % sure we will lose the toss at Wankhede / Eden Gardens.

Edited by rangeelaraja
4 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

hahahaha... we won chasing 280 in Dharamshala and ball did move around a bit.No one and i mean NO ONE from any team has the bowling that we have this WC and in form. Same goes for batting. I am the most negative guy around here but India is winning this and Maxy or anyone cant stop us with one or 5 legs.

in Dharamsala we were one wicket away from loss. Kohli and your favourite Jadeja saved us. Also the movement seems bigger in Wankhede.

We lack explosive power in batting, especially after Pandu injury. SKY plays cheeky shots but doesn't have brute power.

51 minutes ago, Lord said:

in Dharamsala we were one wicket away from loss. Kohli and your favourite Jadeja saved us. Also the movement seems bigger in Wankhede.

We lack explosive power in batting, especially after Pandu injury. SKY plays cheeky shots but doesn't have brute power.

Maxy was one ball away too. Last game Jadeja smacked 29 off 15,the previous game 34 off 21 when quick runs were required.. Yes,he is not in the same category as Maxwell but effective nonetheless.I hope he continues. India has been finishing games quite regularly so far. Just because it's Ko's, we should be wary of toss ? 

2 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Maxy was one ball away too. Last game Jadeja smacked 29 off 15,the previous game 34 off 21 when quick runs were required.. Yes,he is not in the same category as Maxwell but effective nonetheless.I hope he continues. India has been finishing games quite regularly so far. Just because it's Ko's, we should be wary of toss ? 

I hope you are right but the team has rotten luck in knockouts.

One of big factors in our league wins and knockout losses in earlier years is one of Rohit/Kohli always fires in league games and both fail in knockouts. Hopefully atleast one of them fires in semis. :pray: