Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023/24

34 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Karnataka scored 402/2 vs J&K in Narendra Modi Stadium.

Damn you BCCI.:whack:

The decision to shave the grass off the surface at Wankhede was a good decision as it reduced the toss advantage and made it an even playing surface.  

At Motera, Indian management decided to try and screw Aussies over with a slow track because they were probably worried about the batting depth of the Aussies on a flat deck.   It was a bit of a cowardly decision and it backfired big time

Raj Bawa 32(8)* with 5 sixes..one wicket as well.

Yudhvir failed with ball, but smashed 51*27(so far) with 5 sixes

Deepak Chahar 66*(56) with 2 sixes.

This is advantage with allrounders, even if they fail in one discipline, they can contribute with their second skill.

Edited by singhvivek141
17 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The decision to shave the grass off the surface at Wankhede was a good decision as it reduced the toss advantage and made it an even playing surface.  

At Motera, Indian management decided to try and screw Aussies over with a slow track because they were probably worried about the batting depth of the Aussies on a flat deck.   It was a bit of a cowardly decision and it backfired big time

Actually their batting depth worked only against minnows. T hey almost lost to NZ even after posting 382.  In the name of their blunting their batting force, they strengthened their bowling unit who was crap against almost all the sides

Edited by vvvslaxman
3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Actually their batting depth worked only against minnows. T hey almost lost to NZ even after posting 382.  In the name of their blunting their batting force, they strengthened their bowling unit who was crap against almost all the sides

That was not because of their batting depth or lack thereof. They bowled horribly especially Starc who was all over the place.  Starting from ENG v AUS game, they have bowled much better.   Tighter lines and lengths from all their bowlers. And they saved their best for the knockouts.

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

That was not because of their batting depth or lack thereof. They bowled horribly especially Starc who was all over the place.  Starting from ENG v AUS game, they have bowled much better.   Tighter lines and lengths from all their bowlers. And they saved their best for the knockouts.

More like  they were up against two pussy cats. It is not just Starc that were good against SA and India.  Maxwell, Head also. We can't possibly say they "raised" their game. I don't think they bowled anything unplayable. We just played like kittens. Rohit sharma thrashed both Hazlewood and Starc. It is the others that were making them look good. 

11 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Wth?  Why no Mohsin? 

I had the doubts in SMAT as well, his pace nosedived by 3rd over...plus he now has a bulging pot belly...looked too heavy for a professional.

He needs to get fit...such big pot belly doesn't suit for a professional cricketer who is in mid 20's and is a fast bowler as well.

16 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I had the doubts in SMAT as well, his pace nosedived by 3rd over...plus he now has a bulging pot belly...looked too heavy for a professional.

He needs to get fit...such big pot belly doesn't suit for a professional cricketer who is in mid 20's and is a fast bowler as well.

Probably rushed back too quick. Not sure there was a need to rush him back into SMAT of all competitions. 

On 11/23/2023 at 3:40 PM, singhvivek141 said:

Raj Bawa 32(8)* with 5 sixes..one wicket as well.

Yudhvir failed with ball, but smashed 51*27(so far) with 5 sixes

Deepak Chahar 66*(56) with 2 sixes.

This is advantage with allrounders, even if they fail in one discipline, they can contribute with their second skill.

Raj Bawa should be made to learn on the job...  Ben Stokes level talent.  But BCCI is Clueless.  I'd have picked him over Dube anyday. 

8 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Raj Bawa should be made to learn on the job...  Ben Stokes level talent.  But BCCI is Clueless.  I'd have picked him over Dube anyday. 

Dube is playing just coz of CSK & MSD connection.

I think Bawa should be sent with team to SA ODI's...T20 is too harsh to begin with as he even don't have much IPL experience. 

His hit the deck bowling style will suit those SA pitches.

21 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I think Bawa should be sent with team to SA ODI's...T20 is too harsh to begin with as he even don't have much IPL experience. 

Even better three 4 day games....  Hopefully BCCI forces CSA to host them in bouncy highveld.  Bawa Mayank Harshit Tyagi should be picked..   Guys like Jaiswal Gill Kishan should also get to play those ones. 

18 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Even better three 4 day games....  Hopefully BCCI forces CSA to host them in bouncy highveld.  Bawa Mayank Harshit Tyagi should be picked..   Guys like Jaiswal Gill Kishan should also get to play those ones. 

If Seniors fill up the positions then how will uncapped youngsters get their chances  !

No point in playing Saini, Mukesh, Unadkat types either. 

29 minutes ago, express bowling said:

If Seniors fill up the positions then how will uncapped youngsters get their chances  !

No point in playing Saini, Mukesh, Unadkat types either. 

I think Mukesh & Unadkat will be there confirmed...  At this point I hope Mukesh gets picked for ODI/T20s so that it would leave a youngster spot open for these games lol

Edited by Lone Wolf
On 11/24/2023 at 1:06 PM, singhvivek141 said:

Scary thing aabout Bawa is he won the u19 final by taking wickets by swinging the ball. I have so high hopes from him. Bcci please dont mess this up..