Siraj or Ashwin - Who's your choice for the WC Final?

Downtown

We could have played an extra spinner in 2011 as well that too in month of dry March April but we didn't

And Sreesanth did a decent job replacing injured Nehra

3 pacers are always useful in curbing runrate by picking wickets especially on slow or low or bouncy Indian pitches

2 spinners are enough

More spinners and that too finger spinners in the month of November is suicidal

And these are not SENA sides of 90s who cants play finger spinners,they murder spinners better than Asian sides

Pacers can bring in miscued shots just because of sticky nature of Indian pitches

Edited by Suhaan
29 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Aren't you tired of watching Siraj consistently underperform for India? His occasional wickets and unreliable performance in death overs are simply not cutting it. And let's not even get started on his lackluster fielding skills. It's clear that Siraj isn't living up to expectations.

Now, imagine a game-changer like Ashwin stepping up to the plate. Ashwin poses a real threat to teams like Australia and South Africa, with his impactful bowling that surpasses Siraj's efforts against these formidable opponents. Not just a bowler, Ashwin is also a handy batsman when the team needs it.

Considering these undeniable advantages, it's time to rethink our strategy for the World Cup finals. Ashwin seems like the obvious choice over Siraj. Don't you think it's time for a change that could lead India to victory?

Your assessment is correct..Ahmedabad is a massive stadium..but with dew..three spinners are a risk..if we had pandya then Shami in place Siraj and Ashwin in place of Thakur would have made us a much stronger team

We cant change team now in the finals..

he bowled poorer in the end but earlier he caused some troubke to Williamson..was unlucky a bit..

I feel Siraj went on bowling wide with the same plan orobably TM gave to him..

he oracticed it in last match..

initial few balls execution was good but he faltered later..it also gives time to batters..

TM need to have plan B for him as well..

Edited by Need4Speed
5 minutes ago, straighttalk said:

Your assessment is correct..Ahmedabad is a massive stadium..but with dew..three spinners are a risk..if we had pandya then Shami in place Siraj and Ashwin in place of Thakur would have made us a much stronger team

It's not a massive stadium,60 metres square boundaries

75 metres straight though

No way 3 spinners. Nz got hanmered against pak picking southee and boult with no lockie..if there is dew we ll be in massive trouble. They had sodhi santner glenn phillips rachin .. all were mauled. Couldnt even use daryl mitchell.. the game was done by then due to rain..

Edited by neel roy
3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

It's not a massive stadium,60 metres square boundaries

75 metres straight though

i still don’t understand on what basis they didnt make boundaries 70 metres.. we spent so much money to have a square the size of chinnaswamy.. thats why i love australian grounds other than adelaide.. hacks like haider ali asif ali all got caught in deep in mcg in the wt20 match.. 

19 minutes ago, Norman said:

Ashwin can only play if 

• zero dew in the night.
  • Kuldeep loses form (which didn't happen) or gets injured.

And I don't see any way anyone can predict that correctly. If India chose Ashwin, batted first, didn't get too many wkts when lights first came on, and then dew hit ... it'll be tough no matter how else the pitch is behaving.

Just now, neel roy said:

i still don’t understand on what basis they didnt make boundaries 70 metres.. we spent so much money to have a square the size of chinnaswamy.. thats why i love australian grounds other than adelaide.. hacks like haider ali asif ali all got caught in deep in mcg in the wt20 match.. 

More sixes more boundaries more dancing cheer girls more tharki public more money more honey