India Australia Final - Pre-match discussion

Who will win  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2023 at 03:45 AM

8 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Saala.. Kya time aa gya hai.. This is a **** Australia and we are having so many apprehensions. Hamare 2 batsmen aur 2 bowlers bhi chal gye to inki lanka lag jayegi 

No dude. Never ever ever underestimate your opponent. This same Australia had us at 3 down for nothing in our first match. Their fast bowlers can end the match in first 4-5 overs ( just like ours can )…. So let’s not underestimate them. 

Both Starc and Hazlewood can be deadly

with the hard new ball if there is a little bit of help in the air and off the pitch 

23 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Going to be one tough match. Hopefully, its a slow wicket with a bit of slow turn. Not sure India can consistently beat Australia on flat pitches. 

Same Kinda track we saw in India - Pak as per reports.  So no extra bounce.  Skiddy Shami would be lethal I feel. 

Kuldeep should enjoy as well. 

Smith and Maxwell will want to make amends against spinners.They have seen how Mitchell neutralized by hitting straight.

I do expect them both charging down and hitting straight.

If Australia bat first I see them hitting 320 odd with Head or Marsh scoring big and Smith playing an 80+ odd innings and Maxwell hitting a whirlwind 40.

If they chase they will get to 250-260

not sure who wins though

18 minutes ago, rish said:

Smith and Maxwell will want to make amends against spinners.They have seen how Mitchell neutralized by hitting straight.

I do expect them both charging down and hitting straight.

If Australia bat first I see them hitting 320 odd with Head or Marsh scoring big and Smith playing an 80+ odd innings and Maxwell hitting a whirlwind 40.

If they chase they will get to 250-260

not sure who wins though

Smith can...  But Maxi's strength are his slog sweeps.

Mitchell hits it straight vs pacers too..  Perhaps his muscle memory helps him there.. 

Iyer too has similar way to dominate spin by hitting straight.. Rohit is more midwicket cow corner guy vs spin. 

I am living outside India.

Are there any shows where ex-cricketers are criticizing the wides and bowling effort (minus Shami) in the NZ match? The fielding effort and misfields too?

Any questions to Rohit/Dravid about the same?

It is good to point out these things and not be everything roses and sweets. A win makes this team an all-time great. A loss will send it to the crap-heap with a chokers tag. All the ten previous wins will be for naught.

Edited by AKane
1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Going to be one tough match. Hopefully, its a slow wicket with a bit of slow turn. Not sure India can consistently beat Australia on flat pitches. 

On contrary India hammered them in the first 2 matches of recent odi series in flat pancakes. In last 6 odis in Aus against Aus on their roads its 3-3. Ind won series in 2018 they won in 2020/21. Indias batting has always been good on flat pitches..