ICC CWC 2023 Finals Ceremony

7 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

IAF performing at an event organized by private organization like BCCI.

Sounds odd. Has IAF done anything like this previously?

Is BCCI paying for it?

If no, then who is paying for it?

If yes, then is IAF available for entertainment on hire basis for private entities?

Absolute chutiyapa. Hope nobody gets injured in this tamasha

23 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

IAF performing at an event organized by private organization like BCCI.

Sounds odd. Has IAF done anything like this previously?

Is BCCI paying for it?

If no, then who is paying for it?

If yes, then is IAF available for entertainment on hire basis for private entities?

Even in the US, NFL doesn't pay the DOD for fly pasts. Surya Kiran team is an aerobatics demonstration team, so they are meant for such performances.

The arguments provided in support are its a recruitment tool, helps with pilot training.

In the US they even have a form you can fill & request an airshow (obviously your event needs to meet some criteria)

https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/forms/dd/dd2535.pdf

A lot of this reminds me of the stories I've read of the 1950 FIFA WC. Hosts Brazil, all conquering throughout the tournament, hosted the final in the newly built biggest stadium of the world.

Everyone anticipating a victory, in a mood for the carnival were in for a shock. Losing to the much unfancied but then serial winners of the time Uruguay( 1 time world champs, 2 time Olympic winners) . 

I am seeing an unseen level of celebration for this final, just hope we realise it's a game and Australia have absolutely the opportunity to take this one.