Jump to content

2024-2027 LOI team under Hardik Pandya


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, zen said:


Fact - he is the current ODI VC (check the World Cup squad announced for e.g.) and T20 captain since the end of 2022 T20 WC (and SKY has been the T20 VC iirc). He is expected to take over the LOI (ODI + T20) captaincy. 

 

 

Him being designated VC or captain by TM doesnt negate the fact that he is a fragile useless player who has done nothing of note for India in any format

Link to comment
Just now, LordPrabhzy said:

Him being designated VC or captain by TM doesnt negate the fact that he is a fragile useless player who has done nothing of note for India in any format


Again not a fact. Fact - with the ability to bowl 140+ and bat almost anywhere in the batting order, along with clutch qualities, he is among the irreplaceable players that Ind has. :winky:
 

 

Link to comment
Just now, zen said:


Again not a fact. Fact - with the ability to bowl 140+ and bat almost anywhere in the batting order, along with clutch qualities, he is among the irreplaceable players that Ind has. :winky:
 

 

He does get replaced a lot... when he is injured.

 

Stop bumlicking gujji players for the sake of it

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

He does get replaced a lot... when he is injured.



To remind that he is almost irreplaceable … Injuries are a part of modern cricket esp. to those who push themselves on the field (and carrying out multiple roles). KL, Bumrah, etc., came back to cricket after a long lay off. PS likes of Rohit have missed many “SENA” tours. 

Edited by zen
Link to comment

"He is among the irreplacable players that Ind has" :hysterical:      Question of being replacable/irreplacable applies to those players who are available in the first place.  How can a player who spends 8 out of 12 months in hospital become irreplacable?   

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Still not over yesterday's loss and now this :facepalm:

What about the other experienced swing king knuckle Kumar is he on the way to Vizag?

A drunk Travis Head would fancy himself against Mookesh...  If only king of Kumars Boobie joined him as well to make it battle of a lifetime...  Praying for King Boobie's Grand return.  

New Hashtag will be run by JioCinema...  #SWING ka King Boobie

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Mera Koomar aaa gya...  Mera Mookesh is backkkkkk....  @express bowling @Mosher @Lord

India's very own Malcolm Marshall is ready to break ribs of Aussies with his bootiful swing...  Badla liya jayega

 

 

17 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Still not over yesterday's loss and now this :facepalm:

What about the other experienced swing king knuckle Kumar is he on the way to Vizag?

 

So Mukesh Kumar and Arshdeep Singh are the 2 "pace " additions.

 

No new young quicks introduced. 

 

Feeling of deja vu.

Link to comment

  

Mukesh kumar comes from DC camp, both Agarkar and Gangully were/are from camp- this could be the connection 

Else do not see the reason for inclusion- bowls sub 140 kmph, not a T20 specialist, not that he can bat too. not a massive domestic record.

There must be something Ind selectors able to see that other can not.

Edited by tapandrun
Link to comment
1 hour ago, zen said:


Again not a fact. Fact - with the ability to bowl 140+ and bat almost anywhere in the batting order, along with clutch qualities, he is among the irreplaceable players that Ind has. :winky:
 

 

One can only be irreplaceable when one is available to play. I am not sure where exactly you are getting this confidence that a team can be build around him when his inconsistent performance and irregular availability contradicts that thought process. Let's not just stick with theory based on the promise that Pandya showed 5-6 yrs back. We have enough data in these 5 years to see what he can do and what he can't provided he is available in the first place.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, RajBan said:

One can only be irreplaceable when one is available to play. I am not sure where exactly you are getting this confidence that a team can be build around him when his inconsistent performance and irregular availability contradicts that thought process.

 

India is already building a team around him. He is the VC of ODIs and captained T20 since the end of T20 WC in 2022. 

 

PS The thread is not about who can be the captain but "2024-2027 LOI team under Hardik Pandya" (as he is expected to take the LOI leadership). 

 

 

Quote

Let's not just stick with theory based on the promise that Pandya showed 5-6 yrs back. We have enough data in these 5 years to see what he can do and what he can't provided he is available in the first place.

 

One only has to see the games to see his valuable contributions including in the T20 WC SF in Aus, 87 against Pak in Asia Cup, Man of the Series in Eng, and so on. 

Edited by zen
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, zen said:

 

India is already building a team around him. He is the VC of ODIs and captained T20 since the end of T20 WC in 2022. 

 

PS The thread is not about who can be the captain but "2024-2027 LOI team under Hardik Pandya" (as he is expected to take the LOI leadership). 

 

 

 

One only has to see the games to see his valuable contributions including in the T20 WC SF in Aus, 87 against Pak in Asia Cup, Man of the Series in Eng, and so on. 

How can you build a team around him when he is not available due to recurring injuries and back problems? 

 

Link to comment
Just now, RajBan said:

How can you build a team around him when he is not available due to recurring injuries and back problems? 

 

India has been doing that with him as captain since 2022 ... Today's cricket factors in for injuries, rotation, etc. Many of the players who played in the WC suffered from injuries including KL, Iyer, Bumrah, Gill (got Dengue or something), etc. 

 

Link to comment

Pandya lost a series in WI, so there is no guarantee he is a top runner for captain. There was criticism of his poor captaincy and attitude  in W. However had he played the wc, even if we still lost the final, he would be a strong contender for the role had he played the tournament.

 

It’s not as cut and dry as it looked with his Chequered fitness past and other factors.  
 

Having said that seniors will retire from T20 and Bumrah is a 3 format player so BCCI  won’t burden him with captaincy. 

 

Pant has to re-work and work on his comeback. Gill and Kishen are too young. Joke to consider even someone like Samson based on IPL and Rituraj should first get in as a batsman.

 

The options left are KL, Iyer and Pandya.

 

in T20 Pandya is the only guaranteed starter so default no other alternative.

 

However ODIs is wide open: in fact 90% sure Pandya will be a T20 specialist in the next year or so like his 1st/2nd fav team WI players. So “LOI” captaincy is a stretch.

 

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

 

So Mukesh Kumar and Arshdeep Singh are the 2 "pace " additions.

 

No new young quicks introduced. 

 

Feeling of deja vu.


Mukesh is a no-no but let’s give some leeway to Arshdeep. A left arm pacers, has swing and seam skills and go up to 135+ and a very young guy. Has the right attitude and fitness ethic. You will not get a ready made 150k left arm pacer. In fact his appearance screams trundler but he has talent.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...